1 2 3
akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/12/24 7:24 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Ok,

Sounds good.

Indyguy is expressing interest currently, so maybe I won't have to put it in the front yard or put it on Facepalm.  (Shivers)

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
9/12/24 8:25 p.m.

I've decided to pass.  Great deal, but it wouldn't meet the need I have in my fleet.

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/12/24 9:23 p.m.

Next Wednesday the price drops to $1200

What should I start with as front yard price?

$1750

dan0
dan0 Dork
9/13/24 11:08 a.m.

One way flight and 800 mile road trip, hmmm...

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/13/24 11:18 a.m.

In reply to dan0 :

I'll pick you up here.  And offer a free tour of my compound. 

3800rpm at 80 mph will get old after a while with no cruise control, you should do it.

Currently writing an ad for FBMP....that will get printed and put in the window for at least a day before posting.

I sold almost every car out of my front yard  so far.  Including an E30M3, $20k 1986 Jeep GC, various rusted out hulks.  

tmtf11
tmtf11 New Reader
9/14/24 12:17 a.m.

I might be interested in picking this back up... I loved this thing...

tmtf11
tmtf11 New Reader
9/14/24 12:24 a.m.

In reply to tmtf11 :

Nevermind. Sanity is prevailing

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/14/24 7:40 a.m.

That would be hilarious.

$1200

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/15/24 3:18 p.m.

Officially up an FBMP. 
Let the games begin or crickets, time will tell.

This is my good side.

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/15/24 3:19 p.m.

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/15/24 3:19 p.m.

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/15/24 3:20 p.m.

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/15/24 3:20 p.m.

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/16/24 12:26 p.m.

Due to overwhelming response from FBMP I am forced to take this off the market and relist it tomorrow at a higher price, It's just not attracting the audience that I'm looking for.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/16/24 12:32 p.m.

Do you have a link to ad? (F B and I do not get along well... a search with every word exact would likely show me ads for toasters and kids toys!)

I have not been able to broach the subject with The Financial Manager yet; but may have a friend (he's had a bunch of BMWs) to fund my bad, er, good decisions 

Just for grins, I looked at one way flights... ya can't get there, from here! Well, it can be done, but I ain't paying their kinda prices. 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/16/24 12:40 p.m.
akylekoz said:

Due to overwhelming response from FBMP I am forced to take this off the market and relist it tomorrow at a higher price, It's just not attracting the audience that I'm looking for.

98% of ads I've looked at since the accident berkeleyed everything for me, say "runs and drives great. Just won't change gears. Must be towed" or similar. 
many include "no title, but you can just go get one" and "if I can't get $1850 for (a dented up non running no title car) I'll just sell it to the crusher. I've already been offered 800 by the local scrap yard"

Selling on Craigslist was never fun, but I will NEVER place an ad on F B for sale. I'd end up in jail. 

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/16/24 1:35 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Fine I'll put one on Craigslist.

So, I should start with. It does run and drive reliably and I have a clean and clear title in my name.  Wish I could say that for the GX that is still in my garage, still waiting for the title.

dan0
dan0 Dork
9/16/24 1:38 p.m.

I searched for it quick because I just got home from work and checked in on the thread. I'm on the fence myself on this. It's not a terrible fly and drive but I couldn't do it myself until the 27th or 28th. 

https://www.facebook.com/share/4VGufJXQMYjhuVbo/

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/16/24 2:41 p.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

Craig's has very little in the way of ads these days, F B almost shut them down. They also started to charge to post car ads. 
I haven't put an ad on there in several years myself; could be as bad as the idiots on F B, now. Donno. 

dyintorace
dyintorace UltimaDork
9/16/24 3:16 p.m.

How is this still available?!? If it were closer, I'd buy it in an instant!

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/16/24 9:03 p.m.
dyintorace said:

How is this still available?!? If it were closer, I'd buy it in an instant!

Because I haven't had work since may! And didn't get help moving a car from my friends house near Detroit, so I had to pay to have it scrapped!

Im still trying, though. 

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UberDork
9/16/24 10:55 p.m.

Oh heck, I didn't realize you're in MI.

I "clicked the heart" on the fb ad... bad ideas are brewing.

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/17/24 6:24 a.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon :

GRM price now $1200 I'm not heading east until October or I could deliver it.

I'm transferring the plate off of this on Friday. 

I drove this for the first time in a few months, cruised 80mph on the highway with the AC blowing cold, it still drives well.

Offers so far have been for an Elantra with bad exhaust, a broken motorcycle and most recently a 530i.

Ten messages of, Is this available, this morning.

Act soon, I don't want to deal with other people.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
9/17/24 7:49 a.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

I miss the heyday of Craigslist.  Sigh 😔.

budget_bandit
budget_bandit Reader
9/17/24 7:59 a.m.

Man, that interior looks mint!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xic3oLL4pOsZvGzl1RUiulp3KiMGK60F3HrViMYlBYnvN4gPEa60U4HRVnGTTHhI