1 2
Raze
Raze Dork
8/18/10 9:42 p.m.
RexSeven wrote: Mention not the name "Wankel" amongst the unwashed masses, lest the situation turn into a scene from "Beavis and Butt-head." "Uh huh-huh, you said 'wanker,' huh-huh."

I LoLeRSK8zed in my pants, huh-huh, yeah

dansxr2
dansxr2 Reader
8/18/10 9:58 p.m.

Brother calls and states he has good new and bad news, which do I want to hear first? .... Bad I guess... Then he says with a snickering voice, "You Blew A Seal".... Good news???? I won't tell mom... :P

A guy at work has a camaro RS with a 305 and 4-brl(not an H.O.) any way he's tellin me how fast it is and ask if he wants to try a short run at a local track to see if its faster than the Capri XR2 I have.. So he's tellin me he just put in a rachet shifter and i politely ask what size did you use??? He has the deer in headlights look and I just asked if he used a standard or metric rachet??? The look was priceless!!!

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
8/18/10 10:18 p.m.

We drove the XR4Ti for quite a while after the 2002 Challenge. One night I was at a local cruise and it was sitting all dolled up in it's Challenge fresh glory and some guy looks under the hood, then up at the windshield at the TOYO TIRES sticker, then back under the hood. He looked at me and said "How fast in the quarter mile?" I said politely "That's not really what she does, but its a 14 second car... pretty stock." "Really? I just don't like Toyotas." I say "Ford, It's a Ford. They were sold at Lincoln Mercury dealerships." "HOLY E36 M3, You're telling me they sell Toyotas at Lincoln dealers?"

Yes Cleatus.

neckromacr
neckromacr New Reader
8/18/10 11:05 p.m.
Jensenman wrote: More than one person has looked under the snoot of both the Abomination and the Jensenator, then you see their brow furrow and they ask 'What is that?'. I answer usually either 'beer keg' or 'nuclear reactor'. The looks immediately afterwards are priceless.

Thank you. I had forgotten who I had ripped the term "Nuclear Beer Keg" line from to describe any mysterious mechanical objects that tend to be cylindrical.

I loved messing with RX owners as I'd write their car's up for work and asking if it was the 4 or 6 cylinder model. So many would pause and have to think about it for a second before they realized I was messing with them.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
alFX66VXcsymbLosJNqmWCdrk267cywDKeBP21DX05r4V7zFRcmVwbI9jj3reHZT