2 3 4
MiniDave
MiniDave HalfDork
3/20/24 9:14 p.m.

Those are the Toyota lights we've been discussing......left one has an LED bulb, right one has an H4 bulb for comparison.

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth HalfDork
3/21/24 5:07 p.m.

Didn't really need these but ordered them anyways.  Parts guy called me up and asked what they fit, said dont know but ordered them please.  Picked them up today and the guy said what a steal!

GopherBrokeRacing
GopherBrokeRacing New Reader
3/22/24 10:53 a.m.

I have the Koito 7" e-code headlights in my TR6 along with LED bulbs.  They are absolutely wonderful.   I got the Koito lights from BJ's Full Size Jeep Parts  https://bjsoffroad.com/koito-european-spec-e-code-7-round-headlamp/.  The LED bulbs came from Headlight Revolution https://www.headlightrevolution.com/s-v-4-led-headlights-h4-9003-bulbs-HRH4V4_2?quantity=1&page=2.  Expensive solution, but wow.  These are properly engineered LED H4 replacements. The horizontal cutoff is razor sharp with the pie shaped wedge on the right side.  Light dispersion is a white blanket with no hot spots.  The bulbs (w/cooling fans) were a very tight fit and did require a little metalwork on the headlight buckets, but I'd do it again in an instant.  The lights are on relays too, so very little load on the switch.  This combination makes the "flash to pass" function absolutely instantaneous. 

stafford1500
stafford1500 Dork
3/22/24 11:05 a.m.

For those that did and those that might be interested in these headlight and wiring assemblies:

The note in the box states that they are being used in replacement of 7" SEALED BEAM units, that is the reason for the entire wiring assembly. Basically they are no longer supplying sealed beam headlights, so the replaceable bulb units and wiring are included to make it a complete system replacement. The note does make mention of the rectangular systems as well, so if you were to order a set of 4*6 sealed beams you would likely wind up with a similar product. I have not verified that myself, but suspect that is the situation.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UberDork
3/22/24 1:02 p.m.

Which popular  old Toyota has the 4 x 6 inch headlights ?

Might be worth checking ,  

HotNotch
HotNotch Reader
3/22/24 1:27 p.m.

In reply to californiamilleghia :

1990 Land Cruiser has the (4) 4"x6" sealed beams

1991 Toyota Truck has the (2) 5" x 7"

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything as far as an OEM supplied H4 conversion when I was searching this morning

nlevine
nlevine HalfDork
3/22/24 3:24 p.m.

Just picked up my box from the local Toyota dealer. That's a lot of stuff for under $20!

stafford1500
stafford1500 Dork
3/22/24 3:39 p.m.
californiamilleghia said:

Which popular  old Toyota has the 4 x 6 inch headlights ?

Might be worth checking ,  

The mid-80s to early-90s celicas had the 5*7s right..

StilettoSS
StilettoSS New Reader
3/24/24 2:48 p.m.
DarkMonohue said:

In reply to californiamilleghia :

Ah - MiniDave's comment. Dave, I would love to see that note. Toyota typically doesn't improvise. Something is amiss.

Trent, lemme know if you don't get what you expect. I work across the street from the Lithia store over here and still get wholesale pricing.

These came in the mail yesterday with the associated bits and pieces. It also included a note explaining that the sealed lights are not available from the Toyota dealer, so they substituted. They seem good enough quality, but they are not installed yet. Hope this helps clear things up and verify. smiley I used a different Toyota parts place to order them, so I suspect this is the case all over.

Oh, and thanks very much for the heads up on the good deal!

TR7
TR7 Reader
3/25/24 2:57 p.m.

My dealer canceled my order because according to them these are backordered with no estimated availability timeline. (They expect them to now be NLA was the jist of it).

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UberDork
3/25/24 3:56 p.m.
TR7 said:

My dealer canceled my order because according to them these are backordered with no estimated availability timeline. (They expect them to now be NLA was the jist of it).

I just checked on my order and they say May 7th , 

So at least it's not cancelled ðŸ˜„

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/25/24 4:06 p.m.

i got tracking yesterday for my 6 sets

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
3/25/24 10:58 p.m.

I inquired at the local Toyota dealership way up here in Canada.  $43 Canadian, it arrived today.  And it has relays - I'm sure it was said above, but good relays here are already knocking on a good portion of that dollar figure.  These will go in Super 7 #2.

I wish they had the smaller H1 and H4's for my son's Catalina.

TR7
TR7 Reader
3/25/24 11:28 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Where are you guys ordering from?

nlevine
nlevine HalfDork
3/26/24 2:51 p.m.

In reply to TR7 :

I went to https://autoparts.toyota.com/products/category/parts and did a search for 81110-60p70.

Then you put in your zip code and it asks which dealer you want to shop at. 

For Woburn Toyota (where I got mine), price was $18.03 with dealer pickup. They wouldn't ship direct to my house.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
3/26/24 6:30 p.m.

P3PPY
P3PPY SuperDork
3/26/24 6:45 p.m.
Datsun240ZGuy said:

I almost fell for that one until I saw the shipping. 

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ SuperDork
3/26/24 7:49 p.m.
TR7 said:

In reply to Patrick :

It ain't Amazon. 

'they're listing them for $71

https://www.amazon.com/SimpleAuto-Headlight-Headlamp-Halogen-Cruiser/dp/B0CTFVG73N/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?crid=5WDKXX74PDI0&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9._ttVgWLlVIMVGYtdSpKMrL0OuSRrXieVjc3lRoxV3xPFbfMUCok5jhkO95azDzMH2Tl7-AodNa4oZqVSTcHx1w.KoIdALdDfw1QYjotMGSHBDjSY7FJ5DfP_UDeqFkxzfY&dib_tag=se&keywords=81110-60p70+toyota&qid=1711495772&sprefix=81110-60p70%2Caps%2C78&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
3/27/24 11:11 a.m.
A 401 CJ said:
TR7 said:

In reply to Patrick :

It ain't Amazon. 

https://www.amazon.com/SimpleAuto-Headlight-Headlamp-Halogen-Cruiser/dp/B0CTFVG73N/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?crid=5WDKXX74PDI0&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9._ttVgWLlVIMVGYtdSpKMrL0OuSRrXieVjc3lRoxV3xPFbfMUCok5jhkO95azDzMH2Tl7-AodNa4oZqVSTcHx1w.KoIdALdDfw1QYjotMGSHBDjSY7FJ5DfP_UDeqFkxzfY&dib_tag=se&keywords=81110-60p70+toyota&qid=1711495772&sprefix=81110-60p70%2Caps%2C78&sr=8-1-fkmr0

When you say "they", you mean "a third party seller who is using Amazon as a storefront". Could also be eBay or Etsy or Walmart. The actual named entity has nothing to do with the listing other than taking a fee.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/27/24 3:13 p.m.

I went through toyota parts overstock. They're showing "call for availability" now but i just got a big box from fedex. 

all my old cars are about to have real headlights

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ UltraDork
3/27/24 7:18 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:
A 401 CJ said:
TR7 said:

In reply to Patrick :

It ain't Amazon. 

When you say "they", you mean "a third party seller who is using Amazon as a storefront". Could also be eBay or Etsy or Walmart. The actual named entity has nothing to do with the listing other than taking a fee.

Keith, you're a great contributor and your real world experience garners a lot of respect from many - even myself if I am honest.  But that has to be one of the most pedantic comments I've read.  It was literally the only listing I saw on Amazon.com for these lights.  So I said Amazon.  

MiniDave
MiniDave HalfDork
3/27/24 9:22 p.m.

I figured there would be a heck of a run on these once they hit the forums.....I know I'm responsible for at least 8 pairs being sold!

I'll be mounting them in my Mini this week.

Seems there are a LOT of cars still on the road with 7" round headlights, and anything that's not running at least H4's might as well be using candles at night!

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TGTxyGGA3aI6RCiNI7MaDN2thS1ORapWL2yTmsnVFxrVsMEf7zLhuQ8soiiseZ2d