1 2
nocones
nocones UltraDork
7/8/18 9:27 p.m.

OMG OMG OMG I think Grattan may be my spirit animal.   Such a fun course.  Challenging, technical, good facilities and 3BallsRacing runs a good event.   Will definitely return.  

Managed a 1:30.504 on my last session.  Still know there is time out there.  The jump is hilarious fun.  Spectators said they could see the fronts coming off the ground occasionally.  

Overall it was a great event, car ran great and I didn't stuff it into anything.  Meet some new people and got to play cars for a day.  What more could you want?

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Dork
7/9/18 9:36 a.m.
nocones said:

OMG OMG OMG I think Grattan may be my spirit animal.   Such a fun course.  Challenging, technical, good facilities and 3BallsRacing runs a good event.   Will definitely return.  

Managed a 1:30.504 on my last session.  Still know there is time out there.  The jump is hilarious fun.  Spectators said they could see the fronts coming off the ground occasionally.  

Overall it was a great event, car ran great and I didn't stuff it into anything.  Meet some new people and got to play cars for a day.  What more could you want?

Glad you enjoyed!  

devina
devina Reader
7/9/18 12:33 p.m.

Love me some Grattan also- I wish I had learned about this track earlier in my racing career but try to get there every year or so... my race there from last year..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF4HH3My3_A

that looked fun!!

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
7/9/18 12:43 p.m.

I like how your passenger lap belts float while you crest the jump.

It looks like you don't have to shift very often in that car, I feel like I have to shift a few more times per lap.  Must mean that I need another 1k of useful rpm range.

Not much traffic, that must have been Sunday afternoon when most of the field heads for home.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/9/18 12:48 p.m.

Have you thought about stiffer engine/trans mounts? 

It was kind of wild to see how much the shifter was loading up in the turns.

klodkrawler05
klodkrawler05 Reader
7/9/18 1:58 p.m.

That was a nice looking lap! I think the last time I was there I was doing high 1:31's. The car looked really planted, and I love how freely it revs.

nocones
nocones UltraDork
7/9/18 2:29 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

The engine/trans are solid mounted.  I noticed that too.  I'll have to mess around to see if it's flex in the mounts, or the fact that the remote shifter is mounted to the tunnel which may be flexing relative to the transmission.  It looks like it was moving about 1-1.5" which would only require about a 1/4" of relative flex between the tunnel mount for the shifter and he transmission shifter shaft.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
48jhB7o4OBxwybhl8haWZjxdHBFR3peRYWGFSMZtcCkS8udCqVm2MC73G3b7CmNq