8 9 10 11 12
CrashDummy
CrashDummy Reader
5/10/23 11:58 a.m.
sleepyhead the buffalo said:
bobzilla said:

In reply to CrashDummy :

It's the cumulative time from all sessions. So if your codriver runs a 4:18.678 and you run the afternoon and get a 4.10.345 it's added to the total running timr

so, the morning session is a 3 lap cumulative time that's scored against the other times put down in that session.  Each place garners 5points.  So, 1st (this year, with 84 cars entered) gets 420points, 2nd 415.  If there's a tie in time... then you'll see "3rd, 3rd" and the scoring will skip to "5th", and each tied in 3rd gets "3rd points" (i.e. 410).

The afternoon session is a separate session of 3 cumulative laps that are scored.

The points are added cumulative over the various sessions.  In the cumulative/Overall (and class results) results:
https://onelapofamerica.com/event/CumResultsOverall.do?eventId=44

the time for each session is also added up cumulatively for the event, and is used to adjust as a tie-braker in points, with the lower cumulative time getting the better overall placing.

Similar works for "class", each timed session you'll score 5pts for placing in-class in session.

also, if you DNS/DNF for a session, you get 0 points, and get 120(?) minutes added to you cumulative time.  There's also time penalties for knocking over cones on-track, and a 10 sec time penalty for missing pit-in, or failing to stop at start/finish for your standing start of your timed session.

Thanks for the great refresher! 

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo PowerDork
5/10/23 1:11 p.m.
Tom Suddard said:

Still waiting on timing, but I think we did well in the morning session--Andy managed times ranging from 2:12 to 2:14. 

is 25th,  2nd in class, and less than 3sec behind the Hellcat... good enough?
https://onelapofamerica.com/event/ResultsEventOverall.do?trackEventId=268&eventId=44

edit
after looking at who you were second to, and that they're now just 5points behind you... maybe not.  but, then again, you're only 10points behind the STI, and only 15points out of first.  man, Mid-Priced Sedan is competitive this year!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
5/10/23 1:42 p.m.
John Welsh said:

Photo credit to Chris Sullivan via Facebook...

Almost looks like a panel from Calvin & Hobbes.

car go wheeee!!!

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
5/10/23 1:54 p.m.

I'm in line to go out! Because of the threat of rain/actual rain, they're enforcing a strict run order based on the first session at Nelson. We'll be the 46th car out. 

Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
5/10/23 2:16 p.m.

Afternoon at ECR in progress...Tom about to take his first laps here ever. 

Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
5/10/23 2:46 p.m.

Tom had a little agro incident, but recovered nicely 

Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
5/10/23 2:47 p.m.

Tom Suddard
5/10/23 3:08 p.m.

Whelp, there are a lot of places at Eagle's canyon where an early apex is beneficial. Turn 15 is not one of them.... I ran wide and chose grass instead of straddling the curb with the car's plastic oil pan. Other than that the session went well enough and I did make some progress learning the track--I managed a 2:16, but not sure what the total session time was. We'll see when the results are posted. 

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo PowerDork
5/10/23 3:09 p.m.

afternoon results already being populated... could get interesting
https://onelapofamerica.com/event/ResultsEventOverall.do?trackEventId=269&eventId=44

Tom Suddard
5/10/23 4:03 p.m.

Drags just got canceled, so we're headed to Hallet, OK. Eta is 5pm, so this will be another short day. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
5/10/23 4:40 p.m.

Got boned hard for the last two groups. Sitting waiting to go out and the rain just dumped on us. Car set for full kill in the dry, was worthless in the rain and the lovely river running across the track that pitched the car towards the grass caused me to catch it and reinsure the shoulder. No lunch, no breakfast, no dry run and pain. Not been the best day of one lap for me for sure. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
5/10/23 4:51 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Still at ecr helping the Subaru team get the down pipe back on. They blew the pipe yesterday and shot a chance to use the lift. One Lap is all about helping each other (back here on the slow end). Team Toyota is helping a z06 get the power steering pump back on. 

Tom Suddard
5/10/23 5:04 p.m.
bobzilla said:

Still at ecr helping the Subaru team get the down pipe back on. They blew the pipe yesterday and shot a chance to use the lift. One Lap is all about helping each other (back here on the slow end). Team Toyota is helping a z06 get the power steering pump back on. 

Awesome, glad they're getting it back together!

I think our Milwaukee M12 light is still with them; would you mind making sure it gets to Hallet tomorrow?

Tom Suddard
5/10/23 5:05 p.m.

Here's the view from the highway. We hit the road ASAP so we'd have time to increase rear spring rate for the drags, but now that they're cancelled we're just cruising through Oklahoma. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
5/10/23 5:49 p.m.

It's dead but the car is almost back together and fixed properly

Tom Suddard
5/10/23 6:35 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

Awesome to hear they got it back together! And no problem on the dead light, I'll charge it tomorrow. 

Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
5/10/23 6:40 p.m.

Yet another hotel...this time in Stillwater.  Next stop...food

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
5/10/23 11:17 p.m.

Finally hotel. All cars were last seen running when we left ecr. Another long day at the back. 

Tom Suddard
5/11/23 6:45 a.m.

Once again we're awake before the hotel breakfast, but today the yogurt fridge was left unlocked!

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
5/11/23 6:57 a.m.

I'm so torn on who to root for!

Ben and Nick are my racing buddies.  GRM is awesome.  Which VW to root for?  Good luck!

Tom Suddard
5/11/23 8:27 a.m.

Waze was, uh, less than helpful on the way to Hallet this morning. But we made the most out of it and tested a few different launch control strategies. 

Now that we're at the track, it's time for fuel--we haven't been able to find 93 and don't want to load our 91 octane tune for local gas. We're going to try 100 octane today on the (very) slim chance that our power loss is heat-induced spark knock, but I'm pretty sure the car is responding to intake temps to prevent knock instead of waiting for the knock to happen. 

Tom Suddard
5/11/23 8:28 a.m.

Tom Suddard
5/11/23 9:22 a.m.

I'm attempting a new strategy to learn tracks: the folding bike. My hope is that I can better replicate the feeling of driving with this vs. the scooter, but we'll see if the results support this theory. 

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
5/11/23 9:24 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:

Waze was, uh, less than helpful on the way to Hallet this morning. But we made the most out of it and tested a few different launch control strategies. 

Now that we're at the track, it's time for fuel--we haven't been able to find 93 and don't want to load our 91 octane tune for local gas. We're going to try 100 octane today on the (very) slim chance that our power loss is heat-induced spark knock, but I'm pretty sure the car is responding to intake temps to prevent knock instead of waiting for the knock to happen. 

It looks like the traffic was light that way, right? laugh

Tom Suddard
5/11/23 9:36 a.m.

Oh yeah, traffic was great!

First cars are out. 

8 9 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Jr7qnIqMRIwgcA7Un5xFYQXNpxTx5BlBWCyKDgTpuzZpGE0Y6a9amEsnTS3Xxqs6