OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UberDork
2/24/24 10:08 p.m.

I just stumbled across a reference to 2.5" seat drop brackets for NC Miata in this thread... 

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/ive-owned-all-4-generations-of-the-answer-the-nc-is-my-favorite/184551/page3/#post3868544

Google found them for me here:  

https://mossmiata.com/903-327-cp-seat-lowering-brackets-by-jass-performance

I've been lamenting for years that I don't fit in a Miata. This sounds a lot easier than cutting the floor.

Does anyone in metro Atlanta have an NC with these brackets.. that can try sitting in?

brandonsmash
brandonsmash Reader
2/24/24 11:32 p.m.

What size are you that you don't fit in a Miata? I'm quite broad and a touch over 6' tall and fit just fine in my stock NC with the seat all the way back. 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UberDork
2/25/24 11:58 a.m.

My father in law has owned every generation of Miata. In stock form it simply ain't happening. I'm 6'-5" & 35" inseam.

An extra 2.5" might be enough to get me in one of these. Which would be awesome. 

brandonsmash
brandonsmash Reader
2/25/24 1:35 p.m.

Ah. 6'5" is a different story. I know the guys from Everyday Driver are 6'3" and just barely fit in an NC; I suspect that lowering seat brackets in the NC might do the trick for you. 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UberDork
2/25/24 6:28 p.m.

In reply to brandonsmash :

I'd love to fit in one 

newold_m (Forum Supporter)
newold_m (Forum Supporter) Reader
2/29/24 10:54 p.m.

If anyone is interested have a set of these brackets, just pay shipping which will likely be USPS small or medium box. I sold my NC before I had a chance to install them. To be more accurate, I tried installing them to find out they needed some tweaking by enlarging the bolt holes, lost interest and sold the car soon after. 

Located in SF Bay Area if anyone local would like them. 

roninsoldier83
roninsoldier83 HalfDork
2/29/24 11:11 p.m.

I'll take GRM over any Facebook group on earth... but with that said: you might consider asking this question in a local Miata FB group. I know we've got a sizable Miata FB group here in Colorado, with all different flavors and mods. Maybe there's a large Miata group near you that might be able to help? 

Just curious, where are you lacking room in an NC? I'm 6'2", with a 34" inseam. I thought legroom in the NC was adequate (legroom was just about perfect with the seat all the way back)- headroom was a bit tighter- my head didn't touch the roof when it was up, but it wasn't far off. For the record, I had a soft top (NC2, cloth seats), but I noted the PRHT loses a bit more headroom vs the soft top. I know this mod will help with headroom, but if you're short on legroom, I'm not sure if it'll help much. 

red_stapler
red_stapler SuperDork
3/1/24 1:46 a.m.

I'm only 5'11, but the 2.5" brackets give me enough room to wear a helmet.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider UberDork
3/1/24 8:21 a.m.

In reply to roninsoldier83 :

Same for me actually. Just s tick under 6'2" and 34" inseam with thin shoes it was the best fitting sports car I have been in. Drove mine a ton. I couldn't fit with a helmet on but other than that perfection. 

carczar_84
carczar_84 Reader
3/1/24 12:12 p.m.

In reply to newold_m (Forum Supporter) :

I'm in the Sacramento area, I'll take them in no one else as laid claim yet.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UberDork
3/1/24 7:18 p.m.

Still seeking a test sit in an NC with seat lowering brackets. ATL region. 

newold_m (Forum Supporter)
newold_m (Forum Supporter) Reader
3/2/24 9:39 a.m.

In reply to carczar_84 :

You're the only one who has shown interest so it's yours. Send me a PM next time you're in the Bay Area and we can coordinate handoff.

carczar_84
carczar_84 Reader
3/4/24 12:13 p.m.

In reply to newold_m (Forum Supporter) :

Awesome, will do! I work in Dixon so I'll just find a time that works and head a little further west.

CyberEric
CyberEric SuperDork
3/4/24 6:00 p.m.

Just for more data, I'm 6'3", all torso, inseam is 31. I was not comfortable in an NC with the RHTP. Maybe the soft top is better.

spandak
spandak Dork
3/5/24 1:40 a.m.

I was looking at these when I was considering an NC. My head hit the roof (6'2") and these would have helped. I was worried about how the seat bottom angle might change though. Maybe it's just me but I'm picky about that. 

Never tried them so no help there. I tried a Boxster and went that direction instead. 

spong
spong New Reader
3/14/24 11:31 a.m.
newold_m (Forum Supporter) said:

If anyone is interested have a set of these brackets, just pay shipping which will likely be USPS small or medium box. I sold my NC before I had a chance to install them. To be more accurate, I tried installing them to find out they needed some tweaking by enlarging the bolt holes, lost interest and sold the car soon after. 

Located in SF Bay Area if anyone local would like them. 

Do you still have these brackets available? I would be very very grateful if you have them and could send them to me!

Cheers,

Tim 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
3/14/24 12:59 p.m.

Anybody know if these would work in an rx8?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NdFWn15riVmyhY0Yab7mZCbPyHHtQPAfXexMn1J5gocy8oKugSkgs3hGomF0c0BN