1 2 3
mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
4/12/15 1:34 p.m.

I know some of you guys have dead cars in your yard. Here is an opportunity to show them off. Maybe they'll run again, maybe not, doesn't matter, I want to see them.
I'll start.
1988 Range Rover classic. I drove it here when we bought this house 14 and a half years ago. Hasn't moved since.
That's the frame hanging out the bottom, and it looks much better in pictures than in person.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/12/15 1:52 p.m.

This thread should be interesting.

Can we include dead bikes wedged in a garage, too?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
4/12/15 1:59 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: This thread should be interesting. Can we include dead bikes wedged in a garage, too?

Show me your broken dream. The more pictures, the more story, the better.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/12/15 2:52 p.m.

I like this game. Let me go take some pictures.

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
4/12/15 3:08 p.m.

I got this one:

And this one:

And this last one:

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
4/12/15 3:19 p.m.

I only have one that is dead and not a current project.

Poor dejected car. It's available if anyone wants a Challenge cheap project.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
4/12/15 3:25 p.m.

Mine have been coming back to life of late. In fact, the entire fleet is currently in "self propelled" status! Now, I can't trust the Mini to go more than 2 miles without needing a repair of some sort and you have to make sure the Caddy is topped up with coolant before you leave, but still - this is a rare event.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 SuperDork
4/12/15 3:45 p.m.

Trade you a trooper for the rx7?

And my dead car is in the garage, where I pushed it in January. Just waiting it's turn.

The_Jed
The_Jed UberDork
4/12/15 4:51 p.m.

In reply to Ranger50:

So... what's wrong with the truck? (The big 'un.)

I knew this would be a dangerous thread!

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
4/12/15 4:53 p.m.
The_Jed wrote: I knew this would be a dangerous thread!

+1! Gonna be hard to not check this thread.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
4/12/15 5:08 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: I only have one that is dead and not a current project. Poor dejected car. It's available if anyone wants a Challenge cheap project.

How much, and any rot?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
4/12/15 5:09 p.m.

Deucekid #1 claimed that the picture I took of the Range Rover wasn't representative. She says these are better.
In a weird twist of fate, I may have an interesting story involving poor life decisions and neck tattoos and the Range Rover. Life is funny.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 SuperDork
4/12/15 5:28 p.m.

I gotta hear that story.

daeman
daeman Reader
4/12/15 5:37 p.m.

Hmmm, yep, I'll be contributing here soon, need to go take some pics. I've had a few stalled and failed projects over the years, but I still have one under a cover that I'll continue to keep for a "one day" build. Its a 92 Honda prelude.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/12/15 6:17 p.m.

Victim# 1- the first mx6 SF1 talked me into. Runs and drives- has some sort of electrical drain. Killed the battery and I parked it. Will run with a jump.

Victim# 2- Runs- again needs a battery (I have 5 cars on this property, I have TWO good batteries, and they all take 35r's. Figure that one out. The corollas have all the batteries right now. I need a new one for the ms3) Has a nasty low end rattle of some sort. I suspect spun bearing. There was glitter in the pan. Still has power. Currently on corded/flat tires so I can't really lot drive it. Apparently I'm resurrecting this one again- or it may be for sale. Depends on the day and what SWMBO says.

Not pictured is Victim#3- a 1977 volare coupe. I have no idea if it's even salvagable at this point. Been in a barn since 1991. I've not seen it in at least 15 years.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man HalfDork
4/12/15 6:26 p.m.

Mine isn't dead, it just needs extensive work if I want it to be roadworthy.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Dork
4/12/15 7:04 p.m.

curtis73
curtis73 UberDork
4/12/15 7:27 p.m.

66 Bonneville, currently finishing up the body work. Then its getting a duramax or powerstroke.

95 Caprice Wagon. Bought it for parts, now its for sale. Who wants it?

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
4/12/15 7:49 p.m.
The_Jed wrote: In reply to Ranger50: So... what's wrong with the truck? (The big 'un.) I knew this would be a dangerous thread!

Lack of time and money. Just now got it running again with a new positive battery cable from Ford, $140!!!, and a 02 psd starter. But running means it's on 7. I haven't had time to find the miss given it seems all my days off from work either rain or is taken up with other BS I am somehow obligated to be present. Right now, I have $3000 written in shoe polish on the windshield.....

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku PowerDork
4/12/15 8:12 p.m.

I wish I had enough property to collect things like these! Then again it bugs me to have stuff that doesn't run.

airwerks
airwerks Reader
4/12/15 9:49 p.m.

Someday I'll get around to it....

egnorant
egnorant SuperDork
4/12/15 11:07 p.m.

Here is some of them!

There are a few more...no pics ready though.

Bruce

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT HalfDork
4/12/15 11:09 p.m.

How about the price to post a dead vehicle is you have to tell us a wild story involving said vehicle? Just a thought...

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
4/12/15 11:11 p.m.

In reply to egnorant:

Uhhhh, that's near hoarder status. I'm jealous.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/12/15 11:34 p.m.

There is a disturbing amount of MX6 GT in this thread already. I don't think i want to post.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dup8MUNPxrwKUHGdwFq7tPTy4zLGClDjCwz4hFwVTrJfYs4JETUjrYrAgc1227ck