1 2
yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/9/13 3:35 p.m.

Performance wise, they're right on par with the gt.....the boss and gt500 are more dedicated to a purpose than the mopars.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
2/9/13 4:35 p.m.

Ralph Gilles may be one cool car guy in a position to influence the industry and I really can get behind the idea of these cars, but they are still giant Mopars so therefore don't excite me in the least. 300, Challengers and/or Chargers maybe would appeal to me if I was 400 pounds and needed a giant car so I could fit in it, but otherwise, I will pass no matter what option package or wild retro paint color they come up with.

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
2/9/13 4:56 p.m.
Vigo wrote: I think if you look at the overall package and how its trimmed out an SRT is closer to a gt500 than a gt. It makes sense to me. The SRT family cars are not as fast as a gt500 but the SRT sports car sure is. Dodge has always flat refused to make a right-sized RWD sporty car (fiero syndrome? the Demon and Razor would both have been stupid/amazing fast with mild mods to the turbo 2.4s). The closest they got in production was the SRT-6 which is still as fast as a new 'amazing' 5.0 GT 7 years later, but was still a little on the small side and too expensive due to it's non-native/shared platform. We will see how the Cuda turns out.

The SRT-6 was fast, but don't go overboard. It's a 5.1 0-60 and 13.3s quarter mile versus a 4.3 0-60 and 12.7s quarter mile for the new GT 5.0. That's a LOT faster.

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
2/9/13 5:03 p.m.

I was expecting dog dish hub caps

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
2/9/13 5:06 p.m.

I love the idea. I don't love the price. Fully loaded Mustang GT available for that price. Camaro 1LE? Sheet buy a Subaru, you'll get that barebones interior feel!

Maybe if they had the barebones package with V6 option, R/T option, and SRT option. That would have me considering a trade, I wouldn't commit but I'd consider.

Ford and GM should follow this idear.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
otm3op1OZL3lmdwXEvizMrZgqNNCOrI4hcdgdfnCrfI4OvyzX9odm0bfd7JEXgwe