JohnBrown
JohnBrown None
5/12/08 7:06 p.m.

So I am three weeks into my 8 week build and I can't keep my yap shut any longer. Since this board will not go live for a little while I feel safe that the beans will not spill too far.

I have reacquired the Red White and Blue XR4Ti from the $2002/2003 challenges and have been cleanig, lightening and respraying its nether regions to accept the new engine.

There are new brake pads, rotors and calipers for the front. New Tbird rotors and Taurus calipers are on the way as well.

The engine donor will enter the garage next saturday to begin it's thrashing. A 168K mile 1987 Toyota Supra will be loaning its 7MGE (and for now its automagic transmission) The engine was rebuilt at 128K by a reputable import dealer.

Plan is to get it running fully stock, then climbing up the ladder from there.

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo None
5/12/08 7:23 p.m.

Cool. I was going to ask if you had a line on a Supra 5-speed, but I figure I'll look closer to home. Of course now I'm glad I hadn't since you'll be looking for one at some point as well! LOL

A turbo-inline 6-cylinder Merker, huh? Should be interesting, hopefully it won't be too nose heavy with the extra cylinders and all.

I wonder if there is an AWD unit that would mount to the end of the R15x series transmissions? What about the autotragic in your project? Either way, that could get interesting for down the road. Make sure to put it in the project cars section so we can all ogle from afar!

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo None
5/12/08 7:46 p.m.

Pics! I need pics! :grin:

gamby
gamby None
5/12/08 8:59 p.m.

Seriously--that is RAD. I don't think I've ever heard of any exotic swaps into a Merkur (maybe they happen in Sierras in England, but I've never checked).

Good luck w/ this one. Can't wait to see what that motor will look like in a Merk engine bay.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8XWJVOKnQqFZUaAKsmIRbFGcFTLzhg2RWpQcfeh3kTbzbeUPn29uotvNlcRC7ExR