1 2
ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
11/2/23 7:29 a.m.

I hate you. devil

CJ
CJ Dork
11/3/23 12:28 a.m.

Well, thought I would close this out.  As I noted earlier, Volvo values in far northern California and southern Oregon have taken a nosedive since the nearest Volvo dealer to us is four hours heading north and over five hours going south.  We have had Volvos for many years, but I suspect our last one is just about ready to go down the road.

I heard from the AAA Total Loss adjuster.  I believed going in that the car was worth about $6,500, more or less.  The offer the adjuster presented is $7,101.53.  So I am getting more than I thought I would and I don't have to deal with selling it.  Major win in my book. 

The XC60's replacement is now sitting in the driveway; a 2023 Toyota Highlander Hybrid XLE.  Had 5 miles when we picked it up.  Roomy, rides well, and after 650 miles, is getting just shy of the 35MPG city / highway estimate.  The CVT was a bit odd at the beginning, but I don't notice it now.  Got it from the nearest Toyota dealer in Grants Pass, Oregon and paid $5K less than an identical car at a dealer in Sacramento, California.

Thanks to all of you who shared their thoughts.  I thought I was going to have to fight, but I think AAA was very fair.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/3/23 5:06 a.m.

A nice clean finish. 

The real win here is the Highlander Hybrid.   Great choice. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eRhyk9qK5WhHPGCf62mCv0u0ZJbw6uhehlkTJb7RaRheXXXk2KxpJuccwDRO69lR