Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox SuperDork
5/3/12 4:23 p.m.

Keith
Keith MegaDork
5/3/12 4:24 p.m.
MG Bryan wrote: I'm not sure this page can be salvaged.

It kills me when people don't put air filters on their cars. I immediately consider them poseurs and don't take them seriously. My ITG filter didn't show any loss in power on the dyno.

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox SuperDork
5/3/12 4:26 p.m.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair PowerDork
5/3/12 4:28 p.m.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair PowerDork
5/3/12 4:29 p.m.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair PowerDork
5/3/12 4:29 p.m.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan SuperDork
5/3/12 4:31 p.m.
Keith wrote:
It kills me when people don't put air filters on their cars. I immediately consider them poseurs and don't take them seriously. My ITG filter didn't show any loss in power on the dyno.

About a minute and 4 sock filters and you're good to go, though. Maybe I'm just not inclined to talk E36 M3 because I know none of my cars are nearly as fast as that Civic; I don't think you have that same problem.

Keith
Keith MegaDork
5/3/12 4:52 p.m.
MG Bryan wrote:
Keith wrote:
About a minute and 4 sock filters and you're good to go, though. Maybe I'm just not inclined to talk E36 M3 because I know none of my cars are nearly as fast as that Civic; I don't think you have that same problem.

I like a big monolithic filter, I'm concerned the socks will interfere with the bellmouth of the velocity stacks. Although I think I did test that a while back. But regardless, don't take your filter off to impress me. It'll have the opposite effect.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan SuperDork
5/3/12 4:53 p.m.
Keith wrote:
MG Bryan wrote:
Keith wrote:
I like a big monolithic filter, I'm concerned the socks will interfere with the bellmouth of the velocity stacks. Although I think I did test that a while back. But regardless, don't take your filter off to impress me. It'll have the opposite effect.

What can I take off that will impress you?

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
5/3/12 5:03 p.m.

Speaking of... what's a good source for the big monolithic filters? I have individual foam filters and i hate them.

Keith
Keith MegaDork
5/3/12 5:09 p.m.

You can get ITG Megaflow filters via http://www.itgfilters.net. I think I picked one up from a Formula Ford shop in the past, as well.

Bryan, needs more tubes.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan SuperDork
5/3/12 5:18 p.m.

In reply to Keith:

You're a hard man to please.

I think that covers all the bases though.

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
5/3/12 5:41 p.m.

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
5/3/12 5:44 p.m.

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
5/3/12 5:44 p.m.

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
5/3/12 5:45 p.m.