1 2 3
Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/1/24 8:33 a.m.
stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
8/1/24 8:43 a.m.

I periodically see cars with conspiracy messages scrawled on the back window, but claiming the sun is fake is a new one.

No Time
No Time UberDork
8/1/24 8:44 a.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

Surely you've seen the Truman Show?

How are you going to get the shadows for the moon landing right if you don't control an artificial sun?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
8/1/24 8:46 a.m.

If he didn't have a license plate I'd call SovCit. 

Those guys are weird

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/1/24 8:46 a.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

Oh, that's just the tip of the iceberg.  Unfortunately, given the sheer wall of text at the website, the actual content is mostly video.

But the comments sections are terrifyingly comic, or comically terrifying.  I'm not sure which.  Or maybe just terrifying.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
8/1/24 8:54 a.m.

These are indeed troubled times.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/1/24 9:03 a.m.

This guy must do a lot of blow in order to generate the sheer volume of rants, manifestos, videos, "documentaries", interviews, podcasts, reports, chemtrail observations, etc that he apparently manages to.

wae
wae UltimaDork
8/1/24 9:04 a.m.

I remember as the age of the Internet was dawning back in the mid 90's I had so much excitement about how it would democratize publishing.  No more would a writer - it was pretty much all writing at the time, pictures and video were a struggle for those 14.4k modems! - need to convince some big publishing company to get their article into a magazine or newspaper so that their ideas could be spread across the nation.  Now, all you needed was a computer and a phone line and you could be your own publisher and start to write about all the things They Don't Want You To Know!

After 30 years of examples like this, I long for the days of editors.

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
8/1/24 9:12 a.m.

That dude has found a niche that is making him bank. A few of his videos have close to 20 million views and most of them are well over 100k. 

He's found a product that sells and is selling it for all he's worth. As a bonus, the crazies he attracts do his advertising for him by filling their back window with his web address. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
8/1/24 9:12 a.m.
1988RedT2 said:

People have always been gullible, insane, paranoid, etc.

A difference in our time is that they can find a positive feedback loop on the websites where they congregate. 

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
8/1/24 9:17 a.m.

Is it really any different than pretending people that live off tax dollars need our post tax income to stay in power? 

Or that in a nation of what 380 million people, the 1000 in power are remotely the best options available? 

Not trying to flounder, just shedding some perspective. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/1/24 9:17 a.m.
1988RedT2 said:

I mean, the Illuminati have been around since the late 1400s, so there's that.

Although, you didn't specify what you mean by "these" times, so I guess you could have been referring to the last 500 years.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
8/1/24 9:36 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

As a writer, I find it often best to merely hint at a line of reasoning, then take a step back and let people draw their own conclusions.  You know, leave a little something to the imagination. laugh

Driven5
Driven5 PowerDork
8/1/24 10:48 a.m.

Times have always been troubled, and always will be. There will never be a shortage of humans that suck to ruin it for everybody else.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/1/24 10:52 a.m.

You gotta believe in something.....

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/1/24 10:52 a.m.

Remember when it was hard, near impossible, to get a window chalk pen? Ah the good old days. 

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
8/1/24 11:05 a.m.

It's the stone cutters I tell you.  They made Steve Gutenberg a star. 

ScottyB
ScottyB HalfDork
8/1/24 11:24 a.m.

how are they changing the lightbulb on the fake sun?  i guess if the earth's flat they have it mounted up on a big pole.  they better pay that guy well.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/1/24 11:36 a.m.

The gov't doesn't control the weather, but it does use cloud seeing. 

All the other stuff is hilarious. Have you guys watched "Behind the Curve"

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
8/1/24 11:40 a.m.

Without making any guesses as to the mental fitness of the rear window journalist, it bears mentioning that there is some talk of popping up a big umbrella to give us a little shade...

https://www.space.com/sun-umbrella-attached-to-asteroid-fight-global-warming

Truth is stranger than lunacy?

Boost_Crazy
Boost_Crazy Dork
8/1/24 11:47 a.m.

You see, this is the problem with automotive design today. The belt lines are so high and the greenhouses are so small, this poor prophet of the commute had to limit the messages he could share with his literal followers. What important messages are we missing? That spare tire alone might be preventing us from knowing who killed JFK. 

SkinnyG
SkinnyG PowerDork
8/1/24 12:13 p.m.
Boost_Crazy said:

who killed JFK. 

Nobody killed JFK.

Chuck Norris traveled back in time, dove in front of the gunman and deflected the bullet with his beard.  Kennedy's head exploded out of sheer amazement.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
8/1/24 12:19 p.m.

As a geotechnical engineer, I hoped this thread would be about soil mechanics.  Boy, am I disappointed. 

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/1/24 12:20 p.m.

A lot of guys on the internet don't believe that stuff, but post it anyway to make money on the rubes. It's the rubes that scare me. 

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/1/24 12:22 p.m.
Boost_Crazy said:

You see, this is the problem with automotive design today. The belt lines are so high and the greenhouses are so small, this poor prophet of the commute had to limit the messages he could share with his literal followers. What important messages are we missing? That spare tire alone might be preventing us from knowing who killed JFK. 

If that were the V6 version of that car, he would be so happy that he wouldn't worry about the deep state.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ohkfMjPNOn1YKQFk1H3mDOPUobdE8EFJm4oIlDCyeQsPX24zo2arp2YqFQlUr6rL