1 2
pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
6/16/17 9:56 a.m.

I found these in the Sketchers Store and fell in love. I want a casual shoe for walking around in shorts and a polo shirt. Most sneakers are too athletic looking, and boat shoes are not my thing. I want a dress-up sneaker, not a slip-on. And they have to be wide at the ball of the foot to fit. These were PERFECT in ever respect, save one. There are no Size 10's available on the planet. DOH!

Anyone have a casual walking shoe that is not a running shoe or cross-trainer, but still laces up? (or has elastic like these)

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
6/16/17 10:09 a.m.

I just want to thank you for not considering boat shoes, or "pretentious Crocs" as I call them.

jere
jere HalfDork
6/16/17 10:13 a.m.

They don't look the same but...

How about these + these

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
6/16/17 11:14 a.m.

K-Swiss will have a ton of shoes that look like the tan ones you posted.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
6/16/17 11:24 a.m.

I've been wearing these for the past 6 months or so. I like them. They are made to crush in the back so you can wear them as slip ons if you want or wear them as real shoes if you want.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/16/17 11:44 a.m.
T.J. wrote: They are made to crush in the back so you can wear them as slip ons if you want.

I'll try to still like you after hearing that. No promises.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UltraDork
6/16/17 11:57 a.m.

Maybe I'm missing something about the exact style or color, but Skechers has other shoes like that. I'd look for the ones with the memory foam sole as they are oh so comfy. What about these?

You might want to see if there's a Skechers outlet near you, too. You may find some in your size.

-Rob

patgizz
patgizz MegaDork
6/16/17 12:07 p.m.

Low top suede converse all stars or Vans.

NEALSMO
NEALSMO UltraDork
6/16/17 12:11 p.m.

Puma carries a lot of comfortable casual shoes

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
6/16/17 12:40 p.m.

In reply to Duke:

LOL. I live at the beach and wear socks and long pants usually only 2-3 days a month when I travel for work. Slip ons are great for checking the mail or taking out the trash.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/16/17 12:47 p.m.
patgizz wrote: Low top suede converse all stars or Vans.

Not a chance for somebody with wide feet, unfortunately.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Dork
6/17/17 4:48 p.m.
NEALSMO wrote: Puma carries a lot of comfortable casual shoes

I used to love my pumas, had 3 of 4 different pairs and I have pretty wide feet

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
6/17/17 5:33 p.m.

Ive been wearing black New Balance low tops. We have to wear black shoes at work and these are passable for shoes and let us wear them. I stand all day and they are super comfortable and hold up well. They're usually on sale for about $55 a pair.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
6/17/17 8:11 p.m.

Find whatever shoe sketchers ripped off to make those? Kinda look like sanuks to me.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/17/17 10:07 p.m.

I use NewBalance at the recommendation of my podiatrist. I have all the same requirements you do except I want them in black and NewBalance makes them in black. I ware them with a suite or to the shop. I have a couple pairs in various states of ware.

This is the shoe. Being black it blends in and no one realizes I am wearing a sneaker.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/17/17 10:08 p.m.

Just purchased two pairs today in fact.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
6/17/17 10:10 p.m.

New balance makes a great show. Before I went completely different, I got myself a few pairs for work. My problem is I like my shoes weird and loud. Black doesn't work for me.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/17/17 10:15 p.m.

They were on sale for 55 a pair. But they are always on sale at that price. A little known thing with shoes. I sometimes am able to get them at sears and you pay the full $69 price for the first pair but they don't advertise that the second pair of equal or lesser value is only $10. I have done this deal a couple times or taken my son and got him shoes for $10.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
6/18/17 1:35 a.m.
dean1484 wrote: I use NewBalance at the recommendation of my podiatrist. I have all the same requirements you do except I want them in black and NewBalance makes them in black. I ware them with a suite or to the shop. I have a couple pairs in various states of ware. This is the shoe. Being black it blends in and no one realizes I am wearing a sneaker.

I used to wear these but they didn't breathe so well for me. Now with Dr Scholls insoles I wear a wide example of the almost identical Skechers memory foam 'Afterburn'. They last 6 months or so before they start to wear out on the sole but I'm gonna say they probably have a place in the birth control Hall of Fame.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
6/18/17 7:48 a.m.

I went through a bunch of pairs of the black New Balance for work. Just note that there are usually two different black NB choices that are about $10 apart. The more expensive ones are vastly more comfortable over time. The sole of the pricey one is usually made of multiple compounds vs. a single compound for the cheap ones.

NB model numbers are usually three digits. A 700 series shoe is better than a 500.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
6/18/17 12:44 p.m.

New Balance is also one of the only (if not the only) one to make mass market athletic shoes in the USA, so if that is important to you, it could be another reason to buy a pair.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/18/17 11:33 p.m.
fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
6/18/17 11:49 p.m.

After 54 I needed arch supports in all my shoes and work boots, like Scholl's #440s. NB walking shoes are the only shoes that don't need 'em, super comfortable. I've actually worn them to job interviews. Some look too much like grandpa shoes tho.

Erich
Erich UltraDork
6/19/17 5:21 a.m.

I walk a ton for work, and my feet love ECCO shoes. Their dress shoes look and wear great, and their casual shoes remind me a lot of the ones you posted. I'm wearing these a lot lately.

Problem is, they're pricey. But for me they are the right combination of looks and comfort.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
6/19/17 7:24 a.m.

Not a sneaker but you can run.

Not a boat shoe but you can wear it in the water.

Not a slip on but you can slip it on.

Not a climbing shoe but you can do some bouldering.

Socks optional.

Salomon Evasion Hiking Sandals.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tR90xtLFVRCrPf69cqRkJ1kk1yyiewEkRdTGMOuV2KidKaDzuuHBdCm3Bq125Vop