1 2
Flynlow
Flynlow Reader
5/2/14 1:23 p.m.

Hey guys, following up from another thread, it seems like we've got quite a few GRMers within an hour or so. What's the interest in getting together at G-force karts for a few runs, then go out for a beer afterwards?

I'm thinking maybe Friday May 16th or 23rd, after work?

Post up if you're interested!

EDIT: June 13th, Meeting at 6PM at Gforce

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
5/2/14 1:51 p.m.

It sounds like a blast, but May is already triple-overbooked for me. Not sure I could free myself from the spiderweb of life for even an hour or two.

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie Reader
5/2/14 2:36 p.m.

Up for it...but not either of those two weekends. Maybe early June?

Xceler8x
Xceler8x UltraDork
5/2/14 3:26 p.m.

I'm good in June and May 23rd. The more warning the better.

You guys know that NASA pro racing has a karting enduro June 7th at Summit Point? $220 per team. Mandatory 3 pit stops but we could bring as many drivers as we want. Arrive and drive. You show up with a helmet, long sleeves, long pants, and shoes and you're in as a driver. Valid driver's license required. You'll get a hell of a lot more high speed seat time than at Gforce. Check it.

Flynlow
Flynlow Reader
5/3/14 8:32 p.m.

Sounds like June works better for everybody, no problem at all.

I think the June 7th enduro at Summit Point is Hyperfest weekend. That's a lot of fun in its own right, but I can't make it this year.

How about Friday, June 13th (lucky!) or June 20th for Gforce?

failboat
failboat UltraDork
5/3/14 11:34 p.m.

I think june works better for me too. Either date is fine, A lot going on this month. Sooner we hammer out the date is better for me to plan to leave a little early from work (manassas)

rustyvw
rustyvw Dork
5/4/14 7:44 a.m.

June 13th or 20th would work for me as well.

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie Reader
5/5/14 9:00 a.m.

Either date is fine for me, I think (pending confirmation from SWMBO that we have nothing else going on).

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg HalfDork
5/5/14 9:23 p.m.

any time this summer is fine for me! didn't know there were this many richmond-are GRMers to be honest haha

Flynlow
Flynlow Reader
5/6/14 6:17 p.m.

Awesome. Let's call it June 13th at 6 pm, so we've got a date and you all can get your SWMBO permission slips signed:

And just so there's no accusation of sexism, I'll include the female permission slip on the off chance any lady GRMer's want to attend:

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg HalfDork
5/6/14 11:23 p.m.

woohoo I'm in!

johndej
johndej New Reader
5/7/14 7:22 a.m.

Boom! I'm down, been a while since I've been to g-force

failboat
failboat UltraDork
5/7/14 10:23 a.m.

Hey what time are we thinking @ gforce? Im in.

Dumb post is dumb. 6pm of course.

failboat
failboat UltraDork
5/21/14 7:10 p.m.

Dammit. Now I cant make it. Brain farted and got tied up the 13th.

fiesta54
fiesta54 New Reader
5/25/14 11:37 p.m.

Daaaaang from richmond but I have drill most of June

getfast
getfast Reader
6/2/14 9:48 a.m.

I'll tentatively be in RVA that weekend so I'm probably in!

Jon

Flynlow
Flynlow Reader
6/6/14 7:29 a.m.

BUMP! 1 week from today! I think at this point we're up to 5-10 people .

Xceler8x
Xceler8x UltraDork
6/6/14 10:01 a.m.

Should we check out the new electric kart racing place on Midlo?

Thunderbolt Indoor Karting

Flynlow
Flynlow Reader
6/6/14 10:06 a.m.

I'm actually going there this weekend, will report back on Monday what I find.

Flynlow
Flynlow Reader
6/9/14 3:32 p.m.

Raced electric karts Friday, it was a lot of fun. Very different feeling from G-Force, not better, not worse. I've never been in a RWD vehicle that understeered hard on corner exit while getting on the gas....that was a novel experience. Once you learn to drive it differently than the gas karts though, it starts to flow better. Course is a bit shorter than G-force (~19sec/lap). They were very quick to throw blue flags for passing, possibly even a bit too enthusiastic since we had a fast group that was running nose-to-tail pretty cleanly. They're still figuring it all out, but it could be a big competition for G-force.

Xceler8x, Let's keep everything the same for Friday. If we've got a big group and want to do it again, we can try the electrics next time.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x UltraDork
6/10/14 12:35 p.m.
Flynlow wrote: Xceler8x, Let's keep everything the same for Friday. If we've got a big group and want to do it again, we can try the electrics next time.

I can't make 6p at Gforce due to family obligations. Is there a secondary dinner/drinks portion that I could attend? Maybe Buzz and Ned's BBQ after the gasoline portion of the night? Buzz makes sure there is good beer at that place.

johndej
johndej New Reader
6/13/14 2:51 p.m.

bout to head home, y'all coming out tonight?

rustyvw
rustyvw Dork
6/13/14 3:06 p.m.

I'm still in.

cafcwest
cafcwest HalfDork
6/13/14 3:14 p.m.

All of my friends who I invited have bailed, but I'm still coming out. See you all at 6.

Flynlow
Flynlow Reader
6/13/14 4:20 p.m.

Yep! Just getting ready to head over. I'll be the guy in the black GRM t-shirt and beard.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7glvHkEXA8B363RJtxC7Msh5V0wwd12O5QcDXqwOveOW3kTOoPierVO3XG04WA0r