1 2
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
7/16/24 8:14 p.m.
tuna55 said:

Found the problem. 

We brought the van to the dealer for three small issues since we're 5k left in the bumper to bumper warranty. One of the issues was the recirculation button flashing. They replaced the humidity sensor in the HVAC.

Start stop works now. 

Oh, that makes se.... wait, what?? wink

brandonsmash
brandonsmash Reader
7/17/24 8:06 a.m.

Wait, seriously? 

I have a 2016 Cherokee with 103k. I regularly get the stop/start unavailable message in warm temps (but not cool or very hot). Your problem was a humidity sensor?!

cyow5
cyow5 Reader
7/17/24 8:45 a.m.

HVAC *does* have to talk to the start/stop logic though. If there's a reason HVAC decides it wants to keep running, it'll tell start/stop, and start/stop will let it. If the HVAC is trying really hard to hit a humidity target that the sensor says it never reaches, it will want to keep running. I wouldn't have thought of it, but it does actually make sense when you put the two together. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
7/17/24 8:54 a.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) :

It does- especially the humidity sensor.  When it's cold, one of the most important features of the HVAC system is to clean the windshield, right?  Start/Stop runs the system with the engine off, so it has to know when a temp or humidity parameter has passed to start the motor and fire up the a/c pump.

So HVAC temp and humidity sensors are important to know if you can start/stop.  Almost as imprtant as battery voltage is.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
7/17/24 9:37 a.m.

I checked with the dealer. They cleared the old code about the aux battery, which has been there for a long time, so, since both things were done at the same time, I cannot say with authority which one (or both of them) caused the fix. She also told me that the aux battery tested bad, and so she expects it to stop working again. I'll let you guys know.

Makes me ready to drive the GMC instead.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
7/17/24 4:58 p.m.
Steve_Jones said:
tuna55 said:

Not totally helpful to talk about if you like start/stop or not.

You must be new here. 

I don't like that he's (or she's?) new here. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hQce9pofUAFSPfcr3huPB11eDMKvOKjmFCxbouiJd4IhOGn1sqcnSk0dmKbJjLDf