GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE UltraDork
6/8/24 10:13 a.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) :

What were they asking for? Stable sources of opiates and analgesics?

VikkiDp
VikkiDp HalfDork
6/11/24 9:14 a.m.
GIRTHQUAKE said:

What were they asking for? Stable sources of opiates and analgesics?

Actually, there are no any illegal substances on dr.Julia's list wink

Yes, there are some painkillers, antibiotics, but we've already bought such stuff for her before.

I think it'll work out this time, too smiley

VikkiDp
VikkiDp HalfDork
6/11/24 9:42 a.m.

Hi, everyone!!! heart

Hope, you're doing well smiley

Moms and kids fund work continues heart

Baby food, baby formula and diapers ordered for three kids in two families and all these things are already on their way to their little recipients heart

The moms of the babies are very grateful for the support, it's really important for them heart

One of the moms texted me today that in the town where they live, the thermal power plant was damaged tonight and now they have no electricity and almost no water sad

Moms and kids fund report smiley

*reminder - the fund balance also includes the money we should pay( the second half of the price) for the device for the orphanage (25000 uah + bank fee).

Thanks to everyone!!! heart

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
6/11/24 11:16 a.m.

OOh!  And here's our "Adopt a Medic" update as well:

This totals around $160USD and comes after we've already transferred the previous $900 for the purchase of the power supply!

I also have the winners from our last raffle.  Let me message VikkiDp real quick so we're all on the same page and then I'll post them here.

Cheers, everyone!

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE UltraDork
6/12/24 7:14 a.m.

Hey Bill, thought I'd message you here so other's like Viki could chime in on your plans instead of just over Email.

Our medic's panel tests great- my DC ampmeter has given up the ghost so I don't know how much physical energy it's pumping into the battery, but each solar PWM controller shows they're all charging my garden lead-acid no issue. The panel itself also seems to have some kind of internal safety measures, implying that it can be directly connected to the car's battery as well in the need for a jump or trickle charger. Mixed with the ecoflow also having a pack to cigarette lighter plug, and she might have multiple ways of jump starting/charging a car- so far it's electronics are playing well with the more basic controllers, but I think I have a bigger MPPT I can attempt just to be on the safer side.

Here's my issue- the panel is for America, so it terminates in an SAE Connector which, while they're fine for this job may also not be available in Ukraine. My thought is to leave it and make a converter plug to XT60 so she can plug it directly into the back of the ecoflow for solar charging- so that she can also pop it off and attach alligator clips for a normal battery- but I want to hear your ideas first. I'll message ecoflow to get the correct polarity for the XT60 in the meantime.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE UltraDork
6/12/24 7:16 a.m.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE UltraDork
6/12/24 7:16 a.m.

6/12/24 12:44 p.m.
GIRTHQUAKE said:

Hey Bill, thought I'd message you here so other's like Viki could chime in on your plans instead of just over Email.

Our medic's panel tests great- my DC ampmeter has given up the ghost so I don't know how much physical energy it's pumping into the battery, but each solar PWM controller shows they're all charging my garden lead-acid no issue. The panel itself also seems to have some kind of internal safety measures, implying that it can be directly connected to the car's battery as well in the need for a jump or trickle charger. Mixed with the ecoflow also having a pack to cigarette lighter plug, and she might have multiple ways of jump starting/charging a car- so far it's electronics are playing well with the more basic controllers, but I think I have a bigger MPPT I can attempt just to be on the safer side.

Here's my issue- the panel is for America, so it terminates in an SAE Connector which, while they're fine for this job may also not be available in Ukraine. My thought is to leave it and make a converter plug to XT60 so she can plug it directly into the back of the ecoflow for solar charging- so that she can also pop it off and attach alligator clips for a normal battery- but I want to hear your ideas first. I'll message ecoflow to get the correct polarity for the XT60 in the meantime.

The Xt60 is a GREAT idea.  Vikki's husband and her neighbor Sergei are both pretty handy and have tools to play with.  If they need to adapt it any further, I'm 100% confident in their abilities to make it meet their needs.

I'm thinking this is going to be a great way to keep devices charging while the power is off.  12v to USB is incredibly easy to find and these days there are all sorts of flashlights, music players, etc that run off of USB.  As long as a car battery is present, then they would have the ultimate power bank

6/12/24 12:57 p.m.

As promised everyone, here are the winners of this trip's raffle!

For Vikki's gifts:

WonkoTheSane and StilettoSS  Please send VikkiDp a PM with your addresses on it so she can send her prizes your way

For my gifts (I picked up a couple gift packages while in country):  DarkMonohue,  84FSP, and 11GTCS, please send me your info so I toss your boxes in the mail as well.

and I do apologize, but I will be ducking out at the end of this week so it won't be until July 1 that I'm able to post my packages.  Sorry about the delay.

Thanks everyone!!

VikkiDp
VikkiDp HalfDork
6/12/24 2:08 p.m.

Hi, guys!!!

Waiting for your addresses smiley

If the stars align and nothing gets in my way wink I'll send the prizes on Friday smiley

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue SuperDork
6/13/24 1:52 p.m.

Done. Many thanks!

VikkiDp
VikkiDp HalfDork
6/13/24 2:30 p.m.

Hi everyone!!! heart

There's some great news today smiley

The money transfer for the purchase of the power station finally arrived this morning (when i'm typing it now, it's already evening). I started working on it right immediately yes

Quick texting with Dr.Julia to clarify delivery details(btw, she said "Hooray!!!" when I told her that we buying the power device for her and she's so grateful). After that i proceeded to order the device.

As i mentioned before, these things are in high demand right now(there were several massive attacks on the energy infrastructure during that time) and unfortunately their prices are going up frown

and if a few weeks ago the device we were going to buy was priced 30999 uah, today it's already 33999 uah frown

Well, a little magic from Vikki wink and we got a discount - 1700 uah (almost 42$) - ummm... not bad, i think smiley

So, the power device for Dr.Julia ordered and paid for yes 

Now we're waiting for it to be shipped, it could take a week or so and then I'll pay for the delivery.

Cross your fingers, guys!!!

The payment check

The medic fund report

Thanks everyone!!! heart

6/13/24 3:03 p.m.

In reply to VikkiDp :

AWESOME!!!!!

I'm glad you got all that magic, because I was 100% worried about being able to find any remaining supplies in country.  Well done!!!

6/13/24 3:03 p.m.
DarkMonohue said:

Done. Many thanks!

Got you, sir! 

6/13/24 3:09 p.m.

okay, and with that I will be attempting to remove myself and the family from anything resembling a cell signal for the next couple of weeks...

May be an image of toy

All channels are still open and operational (Girthquake's PO box, and the usual donation via paypal). 

I'll see you guys when (if?) we get back!

Cheers!

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane UltraDork
6/13/24 4:11 p.m.
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) said:

As promised everyone, here are the winners of this trip's raffle!

For Vikki's gifts:

WonkoTheSane and StilettoSS  Please send VikkiDp a PM with your addresses on it so she can send her prizes your way

For my gifts (I picked up a couple gift packages while in country):  DarkMonohue,  84FSP, and 11GTCS, please send me your info so I toss your boxes in the mail as well.

and I do apologize, but I will be ducking out at the end of this week so it won't be until July 1 that I'm able to post my packages.  Sorry about the delay.

Thanks everyone!!

Very cool, thanks Vikki and Bill!

Enjoy your vacation, Bill!

VikkiDp
VikkiDp HalfDork
6/13/24 4:25 p.m.

Guys - StiletoSS and Wonko - I got your addresses!!!

I apologize, but I didn't get a chance to respond to you in person in the mail today blush

Hopefully,  tomorrow I'll have a little more free time and I'll fix it wink

StilettoSS
StilettoSS Reader
6/13/24 4:26 p.m.

Have a great time with the family! :)

VikkiDp
VikkiDp HalfDork
6/13/24 4:31 p.m.

Bill, have a good time with your family on vacation!!!

VikkiDp
VikkiDp HalfDork
6/17/24 9:34 a.m.
VikkiDp said:

Baby food, baby formula and diapers ordered for three kids in two families and all these things are already on their way to their little recipients heart

Hi everyone!!! heart 

How are you doing?

There are some updates from Moms and kids fund smiley

*Little Olivia*

-translation-

thank you so much for paying attention to our babies. Huge thanks for your help.

*Sofia and Mariya*

-translation-

Good evening! We received help from you! Thank you very much! Very-very!

All these words are addressed for all of you heart

Have a good week!!!

VikkiDp
VikkiDp HalfDork
6/19/24 7:52 a.m.

Hi everyone!!! Have some great news to post today smiley

The power supply for Dr.Julia was shipped yesterday - i got a notification on my phone and you can't even imagine how glad i was!!! yes 

I had a quick phone call with her today - she highly needs this thing... really needs. So it takes about a couple days for this thing to get to its destination.

Updates will be coming soon smiley Cross your fingers, guys!!!

Have a good time!!!

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane UltraDork
6/19/24 8:45 a.m.
VikkiDp said:

Hi everyone!!! Have some great news to post today smiley

The power supply for Dr.Julia was shipped yesterday - i got a notification on my phone and you can't even imagine how glad i was!!! yes 

I had a quick phone call with her today - she highly needs this thing... really needs. So it takes about a couple days for this thing to get to its destination.

Updates will be coming soon smiley Cross your fingers, guys!!!

Have a good time!!!

Awesome!  Glad to hear it's all working out :)

VikkiDp
VikkiDp HalfDork
6/28/24 8:06 a.m.

Hi guys!!! I hope you're doing well smiley

i have a looottt of great news smiley but unfortunately, i don't have enough time or i don't have an opportunity to write it all in detail on the thread sad

The thing is after the attacks on the energy infrastructure the situation in Ukraine got worse a little bit sad

The electricity is out for 8-12 and more hours a day and because of this there are problems with mobile services and data services sad

I hope to write about everything as soon as possible heart

Have a good weekend heart

Driven5
Driven5 PowerDork
6/28/24 11:17 a.m.

In reply to VikkiDp :

No worries about not being able to give details, it's just great to hear that you have good news in spite of all the bad news out there.  Stay safe. heart

7/1/24 3:57 a.m.

Goooood morning everyone!!!!  I'm back, and as promised I did my absolute best to stay out of range of anything resembling a cell signal.

It was nice to decompress but now I'm getting caught back up on the things and should be boxing up those gifts I promised here very shortly.  Here's a couple photos of our trip through Tunisia with the family.

I'll admit to not being 100% sure about trucking through the Sahara in June with the wife and kids in tow, but I 100% can now say it was easily the best vacation I think I've ever planned.  10 out of 5 stars, and very VERY much recommend. 

And somewhere along the way this happened:

Cheers everyone!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9IzRIJfRdGyuTPFQtfsWqy5XWYlNa7lIn4JI951BbdY2Uu8qkfOkMdBDEo9nPaUN