7/1/24 9:51 a.m.

Hi everyone!!!

Bill i'm glad you got a good rest you needed yesheart

Hopefully we'll get stories about "there i was..." winklaugh

VikkiDp
VikkiDp HalfDork
7/1/24 10:11 a.m.

And some news from Ukrainian's side smiley

Dr.Julia received the power device and sent me photos of her colleagues with it yes

This stuff helps them do what they do and they're so thankful for this heart

In the location where they are now, such a device is very necessary for them(i just know where they are sad)

So Medic's fund report looks like this

The rest of the money plus the transfer that Bill already sent(i'm waiting for the money to be deposited into my bank account) - all of that money will be used to purchase medication. I'm already writing an order list yes

Have a good week, everyone!!!

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue SuperDork
7/1/24 9:49 p.m.

In reply to VikkiDp :

We are relieved to see you posting again. Every time they announce another strike on Dnipro I feel sick.

Are you telling us the M&C fund is down to $82? That dog won't hunt. Let me get a little rice and beans inside me and I'll shoot some more over.

We went to the Ukrainian Day celebration last Saturday. Lots of vyshyvankas, lots of tridents, lots of good people doing what they could to keep some traditions alive. A shot of the pryvit (welcoming dance):

As this was happening, Little Monohue noticed that the American flag was alone above the stage and asked, "hey! Where's the Ukrainian flag?"

Here it is, buddy.

Sorry about being out of focus. I'm not sure what happened there. Probably allergies on the lens or something. 

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
7/2/24 2:50 a.m.

In reply to VikkiDp :

100% plan on many many stories, and very glad that power supply got to where it's needed.  Hopefully it does them some good

I just started the Mother's and Baby's Fund transfer yesterday.  We'll be adding another $100 to that balance here very shortly wink

VikkiDp
VikkiDp HalfDork
7/2/24 9:14 a.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

We went to the Ukrainian Day celebration last Saturday.

Ohhh, Aaron it's so nice that you visited that event again heart Thank you!!!

Little Monohue noticed that the American flag was alone above the stage and asked, "hey! Where's the Ukrainian flag?"

This little one melted my heart, it brought tears to my eyes heart heartheart

VikkiDp
VikkiDp HalfDork
7/2/24 9:16 a.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) :

100% plan on many many stories

Ohhh, man!!! Yasss!!! can't wait - i love that!!!

I just started the Mother's and Baby's Fund transfer yesterday.  We'll be adding another $100 to that balance here very shortly wink

Thanks everyone!!!

VikkiDp
VikkiDp HalfDork
7/2/24 9:54 a.m.

Another good news - the device for the orphanage is ready!!! and i paid the rest of the money for it yes

Now we're waiting for the delivery of the device and the final photos from the orphanage smiley

Moms and kids fund report below smiley

Thanks to you all, we will continue to support moms and babies heart one of the little ones has a birthday this month, so we'll continue our good tradition and congratulate this little baby girl on her first anniversary heart

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane UltraDork
7/2/24 10:33 a.m.

In reply to VikkiDp :

Thank you for the care package :)     I'm not sure when it was delivered as I was on the other side of the country last week for work, so it was waiting for me when I got home.  Very cool!   My kids were all impressed that I had "a Ukrainian friend" sending me a package :)

What do all of the stickers say?  I was able to use Google translate on a few of 'em, but most were too stylish to get picked up.

And of course, the postcard doesn't need any translation :)

VikkiDp
VikkiDp HalfDork
7/2/24 10:35 a.m.

The next one wink yeah, i told you i have a lot of news wink

I received the rest of the money from Adopt a medic fund today yes

What does it mean? yeah - the looong list of the meds sent to the pharmacy.

I hope to deal with this issue this week!!!

Cross your fingers, guys!!!

VikkiDp
VikkiDp HalfDork
7/2/24 10:41 a.m.

I posted all these quick updates while I have the chance to do that. We have a generator at my work and it makes it possible to get some work(ummm... okay... not only work laugh) done yes

The regular blackouts are really exhausting angry

But we keep doing what we do and I'm really happy about that heart

VikkiDp
VikkiDp HalfDork
7/2/24 10:46 a.m.

In reply to WonkoTheSane :

Wooowww!!! so glad that the package got to its destination!!!

What do all of the stickers say?

i'll translate, but sorry, not today, a little later smiley

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane UltraDork
7/2/24 10:50 a.m.
VikkiDp said:

I posted all these quick updates while I have the chance to do that. We have a generator at my work and it makes it possible to get some work(ummm... okay... not only work laugh) done yes

The regular blackouts are really exhausting angry

But we keep doing what we do and I'm really happy about that heart

Keep up the good work, keep up the spirits, and keep on keepin' on!

And no worries, translate whenever you have some time :)

7/3/24 5:27 a.m.

Call me "late to the party", but I'm beginning to wonder if we shouldn't start looking around for a gas powered 220v generator locally for the purposes of bringing it to Vikki's house on our next visit...

Maybe toss in a jerry can for good measure?

7/3/24 6:36 a.m.

We have landers in Dnipro, everyone.  Please keep Vikki and our children in your thoughts.

7/4/24 7:58 a.m.
VikkiDp said:

Hi everyone!!!

Bill i'm glad you got a good rest you needed yesheart

Hopefully we'll get stories about "there i was..." winklaugh

As requested wink

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/trips-adventures-and-get-togethers/truckin-around-tunisia-or-clutch-in-nerd-out/271663/page1/#post3937255

Everyone:

I was able to chat with VikkiDp last night.  She's safe but a bit shaken given how close the explosions were and the fact that she was outside when it happened.  I thought I'd start the trip report a bit early.

VikkiDp
VikkiDp HalfDork
7/6/24 5:16 a.m.

Damn, I wanted to post the latest quick updates yesterday and even started typing it up... and what could have happened? yeah... of course... the electricity went out... the things like this always happen at the wrong time sad

Hi everyone!!! heart

but no matter what, nothing can stop us yes as i mentioned above, the meds for Dr.Julia have been ordered and the order was ready by Friday(it was yesterday) yes

So, Vikki goes to the pharmacy  smiley

Check everything off the list and put it in the box.

Done!!!

Shake everything out of the boxes, check it again and put it in one box.

Done!!!

*I'm already master Yoda at repackaging meds wink Learning new skills - it can always be useful!!! wink

Time to go to the Nova Post Office to send the box to Dr. Julia smiley

(don't pay attention to the bag - it's my stuff blush)

Done!!!

As the post office app shows me, the box has already arrived at the location (wowww!!! that's extremely fast!!!) and I think Dr.Julia will be picking it up as soon as possible smiley

Good times!!! and thanks everyone!!!

*ohhh, I have more news to share, but I don't have time to write anymore blush

VikkiDp
VikkiDp HalfDork
7/6/24 5:21 a.m.
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) said:

Call me "late to the party", but I'm beginning to wonder if we shouldn't start looking around for a gas powered 220v generator locally for the purposes of bringing it to Vikki's house on our next visit...

Maybe toss in a jerry can for good measure?

ohhh, man, i'll be honest, i'd really appreciate it!!! heart

because the thought of what winter has in store for us scares me a little bit frown

VikkiDp
VikkiDp HalfDork
7/6/24 3:32 p.m.

Good news!!!

Dr.Julia received the meds today!!!

VikkiDp
VikkiDp HalfDork
7/7/24 7:04 a.m.

Dr.Julia sends her thanks to everyone!!!

The meds arrived in time!!! and already helping in the treatment!!!

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/7/24 11:34 p.m.

In reply to VikkiDp :

I meant to share this sooner, things have been a bit busy here but I mounted these up in a frame for my office.  Thank you so much for sending them. 

7/8/24 7:34 a.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

That looks amazing!!!

I really want to do something like that.  I just gotta find a framer I trust doesn't support Orban around here somewhere...

7/8/24 7:43 a.m.

Monday Update!

Current Mother's and Baby's Fund balance:  35,000

Adopt-a-Medic:  All delivered (THANKS VIKKI!)

Currently open issues:

We've just heard in that a children's hospital in Kyiv was just hit (there are casualties).  With that I've submitted my draft of the next fundraiser to GFM for review.  We're not going to take this one sitting down.

We also have a uniform request from a drone pilot.  The man is requesting assistance with getting uniform trousers and 3ea tourniquets.  Any wishing to donate to the cause can do so via my Yahoo paypal account.  I'll can make the purchase in August and bring them with me on my next run.

If anyone wishes to donate towards getting our own VikkiDp gas powered generator for her house, I am looking for a second-hand unit to bring in the truck as well.  Donations for that can be made through the Gmail paypal account.  Simply write "Generator" in the comments section.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
7/8/24 7:43 a.m.

I wasn't sure if this should be included in this discussion, but it is a cool news item.

----

PARIS (AP) — Ukraine’s best high jumper captured a world record on Sunday to go with her world championship, and now she has a good reason to think she might bring home an Olympic gold medal to her war-torn country.

Yaroslava Mahuchikh erased a mark that had stood for 37 years at a Diamond League meet in Paris, jumping 2.10 meters (6.88 feet) in one of the last big tuneups leading into the Olympics.

The previous record of 2.09 was set by Bulgaria’s Stefka Kostadinova in Rome in 1987.

“Coming into this competition, I had feelings that I could jump 2.07 meters and maybe 2.10 meters,” Mahuchikh said. “Finally I signed Ukraine to the history of world athletics.”

The 22-year-old Mahuchikh and world indoor champion Nicola Olyaslagers both cleared 2.01 meters on their second attempt. After Olyslagers failed three times at 2.03, Mahuchikh cleared that height to secure victory.

She then cleared 2.07 meters to set a Ukrainian record and had the bar raised to 2.10, which she cleared on her first try.

Mahuchikh left her hometown of Dnipro shortly after the war with Russia began. Like virtually all elite athletes in her country, she has been training in foreign countries while keeping tabs on the war back home. She has been outspoken about the role Ukrainian sports can play to give signs of hope to those fighting for Ukraine’s survival.

84FSP
84FSP PowerDork
7/8/24 8:44 a.m.

Hearing about awful strikes all over Ukraine this morning.  Praying for our friends and all the brave Ukranians.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/8/24 12:15 p.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) :

It was fairly easy to do. I picked up a frame at Michael's along with blue and yellow crafting paper. Cut the paper to size and stuck it to the cardboard frame backing, laid the cards in place and set them into the glass. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iG6OcQLGT3ogjY0NmJhJHXlwZ7XczXjDDCKJlhCTzIIe8MpgYgqd1AVb1f5Aletr