Derick Freese
Derick Freese HalfDork
9/24/10 4:40 a.m.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/42500_100_T.htm

I think it would be the ultimate yard kart.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 Reader
9/24/10 6:25 a.m.

Um, yeah, but that's just a body, and it lacks a chassis and drivetrain and it costs a THOUSAND BUCKS!

We currently have three battery-powered vehicles in the garage for the kids to ride, and our total investment is on the order of 50 bucks. Yard sales are your friend.

pete240z
pete240z SuperDork
9/24/10 7:30 a.m.

We picked this out of the garbage and repainted it. Total cost was a new battery. Now she is almost eight years old and it is in the way out in my garage.

My dad called me as he drove through an affluent Chicago neighborhood on garbage night and could have picked up two more really nice ones for me.

$995? LOL

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
9/24/10 7:57 a.m.

I bought one for the boy for hot rodding. Rewired it and put a car battery in it. Much zoomier. But as hilly as my place is, it still kinda defeated it.

I doubt I'll ever do it, but I occassionally contemplate making the riding mower look like a locomotive or a jeep or something.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
9/24/10 8:02 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: If anyone wants a more manly version in yellow with fake winches, fake engine and tool box... needs a new go pedal and battery... come get it. My kids have graduated to 2 stroke things. I'm in 18411.

Edit: Powerwheels, not Jeep chassis

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
9/24/10 9:54 a.m.
foxtrapper wrote: I bought one for the boy for hot rodding. Rewired it and put a car battery in it. Much zoomier. But as hilly as my place is, it still kinda defeated it. I doubt I'll ever do it, but I occassionally contemplate making the riding mower look like a locomotive or a jeep or something.

How about making you riding mower look like a power wheels?

Joey

HiTempguy
HiTempguy HalfDork
9/24/10 10:11 a.m.

Power wheels are for sissies. Real men buy their kinds 50cc quads/dirtbikes

Derick Freese
Derick Freese HalfDork
9/24/10 10:44 a.m.

Retail, it's $1000. I bet you can find someone's unfinished project for a song and a dance.

xfactoraeg
xfactoraeg New Reader
9/24/10 1:27 p.m.
foxtrapper wrote: I bought one for the boy for hot rodding. Rewired it and put a car battery in it. Much zoomier.

moar infoz pleez?

integraguy
integraguy Dork
9/24/10 2:34 p.m.

2 similar ideas:

is there a market, like the one for golf carts, that would make your mower look like a car or truck? Think about it, it might be just the thing to get your kids more interested in doing yard work...LOL

Crap, adult ADD kicked in...I can't remember the second idea.........

novaderrik
novaderrik Reader
9/24/10 5:20 p.m.
xfactoraeg wrote:
foxtrapper wrote: I bought one for the boy for hot rodding. Rewired it and put a car battery in it. Much zoomier.
moar infoz pleez?

here ya go. .read up.. people are doing insane things with those stupid plastic toys...

http://www.google.com/search?q=power+wheels+upgrades&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
9/24/10 6:55 p.m.

If you reallllly love your kids (or if you want to kill them) you'll buy/build these for them.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
10/22/10 10:21 a.m.
xfactoraeg wrote:
moar infoz pleez?

Sure. PM me and I'll send you the wiring diagrams. I drew it up in power point.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 Dork
10/22/10 11:25 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: If you reallllly love your kids (or if you want to kill them) you'll buy/build these for them.

more info PLEASE!!!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/26/24 8:24 p.m.

In reply to CarKid1989 :

Dood, that was 14 years ago. I cant remember what I ate for lunch on Monday. I wish I could Remember more.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tRtV7eGaxJqad7sVzWVT0kIJOK7pYsNKk0o78jGc2oBMrEmoO8DCc5gNEJMz8W25