Taiden
Taiden New Reader
5/6/09 1:29 p.m.
friend on facebook said: Dear Jesse: I hope you can help me here. The other day, I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't driven more than a mile down the road when the engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help. When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in our bedroom with the neighbor's daughter. I'm 41, my husband is 44, and the neighbor's daughter is 22. We have been married for ten years. When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted that they had been having an affair for the past six months. I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. He won't go to counseling and I'm afraid I can't get through to him anymore. Can you please help? Sincerely, Sheila Dear Sheila: A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the vacuum pipes and hoses on the intake manifold and also check all grounding wires. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the injectors I hope this helps. Jesse
SoloSonett
SoloSonett Reader
5/6/09 1:31 p.m.

sounds like sound advice

Oh yes, Please send photos of the 22 year old

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
5/6/09 1:39 p.m.

Dear Jesse:

In respect to "Sincerely, Shiela"s letter postmarked previously I must tell you that you have complletely misunderstood the writers complaint. If you recall she wrote:

I hope you can help me here. The other day, I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't driven more than a mile down the road when the engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help. When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in our bedroom with the neighbor's daughter. I'm 41, my husband is 44, and the neighbor's daughter is 22. We have been married for ten years. When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted that they had been having an affair for the past six months. I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. He won't go to counseling and I'm afraid I can't get through to him anymore. Can you please help?

The obvious complaint has nothing to do with what you mentioned but rather Shiela likely forgot to put gas in the tank. It seems that this kind of behavior from a woman over forty is unexcuseable which is why her husband was auditioning replacements.

Once Shiela understands that job performance means more than cooking and cleaning she will have fewer of these situations occur.

Sincerely, Shielas Husband.

P.S. pictures of our neighbors daughter are attached.

Taiden
Taiden New Reader
5/6/09 2:54 p.m.

I should start proof reading my post titles.

alfadriver
alfadriver Reader
5/6/09 2:59 p.m.
Taiden wrote: I should start proof reading my post titles.

good advise.

Taiden
Taiden New Reader
5/6/09 4:48 p.m.
alfadriver wrote:
Taiden wrote: I should start proof reading my post titles.
good advise.

It's funny, I'll come back to check posts I've made and I'll think to myself "d'oh! I fudged that up" only to find that someone has already made the comment themselves haha.

Gary_C
Gary_C New Reader
5/9/09 11:20 p.m.

That's pretty funny.

It reminds me of the old Dear Abby gag that circulates in various forms through the net.

"Dear Abby,

I've never written to you before, but I really need your advice on what could be a crucial decision. I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me.

The usual signs... phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My wife has been going out with the girls a lot recently although when I ask their names she always says, "Just some friends from work, you don't know them."

I always stay awake to look out for her taxi coming home, but she always walks down the drive. Although I can hear a car driving off, as if she has gotten out of the car round the corner. Why? Maybe she wasn't in a taxi?

I once picked her cell phone up just to see what time it was and she went berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her. I decided I was going to park my Harley next to the garage and then hide behind it so I could get a good view of the whole street when she came home. It was at that moment, crouching behind my bike, that I noticed that the valve covers on my engine seemed to be leaking a little oil.

Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the dealer?

Thanks, Bob"

mtn
mtn Dork
5/10/09 1:21 a.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9Mezl1WZH8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wIHrk8y9MApy6g3CZnB3VnGGNxbLOZaCGO4VJQArd7ZuIykYWwtCRINSYBbIGCf9