nboyles85737
nboyles85737 New Reader
10/7/14 12:04 p.m.

Just wondering if I'm alone on PC. I'm willing to play pretty much anything.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
10/7/14 4:57 p.m.

I was on PC for a long time- but my laptop has been E36 M3ting on me. I'm on ps3 and Xbox... I know there's others that are on PC.

dean1484
dean1484 UltimaDork
10/8/14 8:41 a.m.

I was a die hard PC gamer but when the PC games got so good that you needed a $2,500 computer system to run them I changed over to gaming box's. Now that computers are all but disposable and I actually have a decent one for the wife and kids that I built I should probably re visit the PC game world again.

Advan046
Advan046 Dork
10/8/14 11:20 a.m.

I also used to be all PC based:

• Grand Prix Legends
  • TOCA series
  • iRacing
  • Colin McRae Rally
  • Another endurance ALMS style game that I can't remember.

I was playing iRacing before committing to PS3 and GT5 online. iRacing is great but I didn't like playing within it's structure. Also you had to put tons of hours in to earn the ranks to get into other cars.

I may need to buy a new PS3 as ours is getting a little old nowadays (faults and such). Debating whether to wait it out and see if it crashes before I want to switch to PS4.

You can find other forums with PC leagues or join the whole iRacing experience. If you want to race GRM guys then it will be Forza or GT6.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
10/8/14 11:48 a.m.

I used to run rFactor with the Historic GT mod quite a bit but the group I ran with dissolved to go iRacing. I loved the Abarth and 911S cars. I still think rFactor's guts were better than iRacing's engine in almost every way... but iRacing has done a good job of bringing in people and keeping the nonsense to a minimum so I dabble there these days. If at all - it's been a while.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
10/8/14 1:22 p.m.

I basically just do iRacing these days. I've got a decent little 3 27" monitor setup with the entry level Fanatec stuff.

I have a PS4, but it hasn't done anything other than play Blu-Ray movies in 3-4 months.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
22Nkt5OiyytypALDrviolgLT5B8XtaYPfMaVT1RLklvTQusZoOJYzCOdEjlBv4kK