1 2
Gasoline
Gasoline UltraDork
2/25/19 12:31 p.m.

1966 Dodge Dart

Not much for me to start with, but fits my plans well.

• Crunchy Texas 1966 Dodge Dart
  • Straight axle front
  • Explorer 8.8 rear
  • Big Brakes
  • Corvette wheels
  • Junkyard supercharger on a LS
  • Megasquirt?/factory ECM
  • Powerglide

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
2/25/19 1:08 p.m.

I, too, am an optimist. Cool car.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Mod Squad
2/25/19 1:15 p.m.

I am generally considered a pessimist.  I look forward to being proven wrong, and to learn the ways of the automotive optimists.

good luck!  moar updates!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/25/19 1:42 p.m.

Ls powered alterealteredwheelbase afx car?

nlevine
nlevine New Reader
2/25/19 1:53 p.m.

I learned to drive in a ‘66 Dart - it was the only car my dad would buy when I was growing up (we had 4 of them over the years). Always curious to see how these can be built up...

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
2/25/19 2:35 p.m.

awesome!

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Reader
2/25/19 2:48 p.m.

Lots of natural chemical milling to add lightness has already been performed. Bob Tullius won the first TransAm race in one of these. Not with a straight axle front end though.

nlevine
nlevine New Reader
2/25/19 3:59 p.m.

Torsion bar front suspension in these - just like a 911!

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
2/25/19 4:34 p.m.

Cool car, but I don't why you would want to pull out the T-bar IFS to swap in a straight axle on a Challenge car.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
2/27/19 9:32 a.m.
Cooter said:

Cool car, but I don't why you would want to pull out the T-bar IFS to swap in a straight axle on a Challenge car.

If you're going for an old drag racer vibe, you could steal a page from Dick Landy and relocate the front K-member forward to build an altered wheelbase car instead.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
2/27/19 2:49 p.m.

Matt Hit It,  I Saw The Dick Landy 66 Dart at Yellow River In,, Well,' 66', Momma Had A 65 we beat to death and every kid in our Neighbor hood Learnd to Shift a 3 On the tree In It.

I You don't Clone a Landy Dart I will Never speak to you again,,,   OK How abot the Black and Silver Paint with A T/A Vibe and a 360, Lots of parts to make them turn today,    CAM 3 Gastropod but that one might need some Interior Parts

Gasoline
Gasoline UltraDork
3/1/19 10:54 a.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

You are local to me sorta.   I do have something very special in mind.  smiley

I would love to bounce this build idea off of you for your thoughts?   I will be at the Commerce swap meet tomorrow if any other locals are going.   Tom

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
3/1/19 9:48 p.m.

Well Crap, I just saw, you said you are going to the swap meet, and I had givin up on going, it's O K, next W E is a NSRA show and swap meet at Jim Miller Park Marietta Ga. Lots closer to me anyway. Call,  If You Need the number I will P M it Tommorow

MadScientistMatt
3/4/19 7:41 a.m.

I didn't realize there was a swap meet in Commerce, but I'm in the area too, with a '66 four door Dart that I never seem to have enough time to work on.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau Dork
3/4/19 8:21 a.m.

I scored my nitrous bottle and racing seat at that swap meet, but otherwise it's a pretty mediocre one.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
3/4/19 9:35 a.m.

Matt, Every 1st W E unless there is a Big Drag Show.

It's not big compaired to Moultrie, But 4-500 Venders is a lot to see in 3 hours 'Cause folks start Bailing By noon. And twice a year they do a 2 Day.

MadScientistMatt
3/5/19 6:56 a.m.

Hmmm. Might be a good chance to sell off the power steering parts that I pulled out of the Dart to make room for a turbo where the battery used to be.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
3/5/19 10:09 a.m.

He Shared some with me about the Build, Think way back Tech wraped in 60's Vibe but off the chart because it can work.way outta the box

GTXVette
GTXVette UltraDork
3/18/19 11:55 a.m.

For Your cosideration,   Image result for RAMCHARGERS 1966 dART

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
3/22/19 5:20 a.m.

This will undoubtedly be my favorite car at the Challenge.

Gasoline
Gasoline UltraDork
12/2/19 6:16 p.m.

Things did not work out for 2019.  Life gets complicated.  Trying for 2020.

The stars aligned and picked up a motor at the Black Friday Pull-A-Part sale.  All aluminum 2005 LH6 from a Envoy.  Came with coil packs, wires, DBW throttle body, starter, etc. and a Mazda Millennia screw supercharger for banging up the plastic intake on the firewall pulling it out.   

What they charged me for:

surprise

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/2/19 6:35 p.m.

F yeah nice deal

Robbie
Robbie MegaDork
12/2/19 6:45 p.m.

Wow!!! Great deal!

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
12/3/19 1:38 p.m.

Receipt is for a 3 or 4 cylinder engine. How did you hide the other 4????

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
12/3/19 5:54 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

Its how they ring it up on sale days; there is a different key for a 4-cyl or Sprint on these days.  It's legit.

Gasoline: also try S&W in Lithonia.  Great pull-a-part yard not far from Lithonia P-a-p (off of Marbut Rd.).

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5MEwZQmmTNdiwLvEKkpTkxaIa7pTczqn1TUA5ziCX5G7BumYsZl98fW3rq91X9Wg