LifeIsStout
LifeIsStout New Reader
8/15/16 4:00 p.m.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/5729637046.html

981 Triumph TR7 with a Mazda 13b fuel injection motor, and 5 speed transmission. I have not verified it, but the previous owner stated it had a TR8 rear axle. It has front disc brakes. I just put a new starter in it.

I've had it about 10 years and it's been under a carport or in a garage. I just moved it over to my house, from my parents, where it was in the garage. It runs and drives, stops and handles really well. I have not driven it much since I have owned it. Reasonable offers considered. Not interested in trades...getting divorced, plus with 3 daughters, this has to go.

https://youtu.be/dgCSsCuAja0

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
8/15/16 6:18 p.m.

Thank God it couldn't be much further away.

jcrosby
jcrosby New Reader
8/15/16 9:09 p.m.

Good lord why can't this be on the east coast?!

tr8todd
tr8todd Dork
8/15/16 9:38 p.m.

You wouldn't want a TR8 rear axle. TR8s only came with 3.08 to 1 ratios. TR7s came with 3.08 in 81 automatics as well. TR7 5 speeds mostly came in 3.45s and 3.90s. They all used the same rear end, but with different gearing. You know, that whole 4 cylinder 8 cylinder thing. With a rotary, you need the 3.90. Something even taller would be better, but there isn't anything taller than 3.90. Unless thats been repainted, thats a rare color called carnelian red. If it had a stock TR7 driveline it would be worth 3 times that asking price. With the rotary maybe a little less than that. If it was within 200 miles of me, I'd be on the phone right now setting up an appointment to buy it first thing in the morning.

LifeIsStout
LifeIsStout New Reader
8/17/16 3:40 p.m.

Evidently this is an epidemic up here- https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/5736213604.html

1980 tr7 with 12a Rotary Engine - $2200

Here for sale is a great condition tr7 Triumph. The car has a Mazda rx7 rotary engine in place of the original inline four. The paint is in great shape for it's age as well as the top. It also has a hardtop included with the sale. It has t3 coilovers with custom fabricated top hats and shock towers as seen in the photos. New exhaust system as well. Brand new Toyo tires and Panasport rims .

Only cons are that it likes to spit and pop if you floor it. If you roll onto the throttle it is fine. The car handles great and goes well with the 12a Engine.Also needs a stereo.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
8/17/16 4:20 p.m.

Finally, something localish to me.
Too bad I don't fit into one of those or have any desire to own another convertible.

tr8todd
tr8todd Dork
8/18/16 3:58 p.m.

Don't fit? How big are you? I know of TR8 owners as big as 6'6" and 380 pounds. Lots of big TR8 owners because its one of the few sports cars a big guy can fit in and still be comfortable.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
8/18/16 8:59 p.m.

I hate my life right now....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hfkbMMnSlNROGuuhIFfAFGjpRLO1NX1O6clT4qhV9o94mv4oNvoz1oLbK6tnvMUY