New York Nick
New York Nick HalfDork
11/2/21 10:39 a.m.

Apparently I am just into making golf carts different. I built this machine (Part 1) a few years ago and I have really enjoyed it, people like it and it's fun to drive. I learned a couple of things in the making of it, mostly the more custom you make it the harder it is to build and to fix. I think that translates to cars very easily. I am pretty sure No-Cones isn't going to get a lot of tech support from the Subaru dealer for the LM-360!

So I picked this electric cart up this weekend. It is a bit on the rough side but pretty complete and looks to be lightly used.

I wiped the mold off  of it and then took out the parts and it looked like this, not terrible.

My thought is to take all the body off and the steering wheel and replace the center with 2 Adirondack Chairs. So I got to taking body pieces off.

I want to eliminate the steering column because that will hurt the relaxing in a chair while riding around vibe, I think I have that in hand, I am also going to cut the dash support out to lower that. I was thinking about making a wooden deck for the chairs to sit on and then a wooden upper deck over the motor to cover the batteries and make a place for a cooler. The Mrs. and I started to discuss the plan last night and she brought up the point that almost all Adirondack Chairs are less than comfortable. So we kicked around the old metal lawn chairs and then she said you should put carousel horses on it! I liked that one so it has me asking what other ideas might be good ones?

I typically just ride the picnic table around town, maybe this one would be used at campgrounds or around sub divisions.

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
11/2/21 8:29 p.m.

Old golf carts make such great bases for shenanigans.  Looking forward to seeing what you end up with.   

This was one we did a few years back

May be an image of 3 people

New York Nick
New York Nick HalfDork
11/2/21 9:40 p.m.

In reply to JThw8 :

Cool ride. That looks like a fun party machine. 

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
11/3/21 7:31 a.m.

Nice! Im a club car DS fan. The aluminum frame rocks. 1 was an 1983, the battery racks had finally broke up but considering it was well over 30 years old when i got it, i was still happy.

Thats my club car carryall 1. 6" lift, 25" tires and a kohler command v twin, about 20hp. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yEAOxoXGMAuWk6TNwljbuoX2W68NY8lXVVk3eqGvClMi7zQYzeJIkbyBLF1ihySX