RedGT
RedGT Dork
3/23/19 9:36 p.m.

We enlarged my wife's car to a Focus, which means this has to go. We used this for all our family road trips for the last 2.5 years and it was her daily, 60 miles a day, until yesterday.

169,000 miles. Have owned since 120,000. PA inspected til 10/2019. 5-speed manual.

Needs: 

-shocks. They are original.  Still drives fine but developing some scalloping on the tires lately.

-timing belt is due. Didn't get to it yet. Probably should put spark plugs in too.

-p0420 code. I replaced the O2 sensor last inspection but the light came back about 1000 miles later.

Good:

Everything not mentioned above, works perfectly. Black cloth interior is in good shape. All the power stuff works and it's pretty loaded for a fiesta. Heat, ac, power windows, power mirrors, power moonroof, keyless entry, cruise, radio, TPMS. Clutch feels fine. No fluid leaks. New serpentine belt and front brakes. 42 mpg highway, 35 mpg city.  Clean title, clean body, no accidents ever.  Tires have 5-6/32 left, and are a matched set of Michelins.

Only rust I can find on the car is a little bit at the bottom of the rear hatch, see pics below.

Located in PA, 19539.

Quick picture from today. Tomorrow it gets washed and detailed. More pics then.

RedGT
RedGT Dork
3/25/19 9:22 a.m.

Ok, real pictures below.  And I drove it to work this morning, with no passengers it's pretty fun to wind out on the back roads.  Not too slow and fairly nimble even on the older stock shocks.

NickD
NickD UberDork
3/25/19 9:51 a.m.

I kinda want it, but the timing is not good for me. GLWS though

thebigchill
thebigchill New Reader
3/25/19 10:23 a.m.

What does the underside look like? These tend to rust quite badly, much like the first gen Focus did. They also rust around the hatch and hood seams.

Genuinely interested, but I'm not sure if the value is there given the needs.

RedGT
RedGT Dork
3/25/19 11:03 a.m.

Hm, that's all news to me.  The underside is fine, I'll take some pics in a bit.  I'll look closer at the hood and hatch, what do you mean by hood seam - joints with other body panels or between the hood outer and inner skins or what?

RedGT
RedGT Dork
3/25/19 12:07 p.m.

OK I found the rust!  Hatch lower seam is starting.  Hood and underside seams, I can't find anything, they look really clean to me.

RedGT
RedGT Dork
3/25/19 12:12 p.m.

And if you are knowledgeable about Fiestas, yes we installed a 2014+ factory center console to get the armrest and storage.  The original 2011 console is included if you want it, though I can't imagine why anyone would.

thebigchill
thebigchill New Reader
3/26/19 9:58 a.m.

That's unexpectedly clean on the undercarriage. I have yet to see a single Fiesta that doesn't have the hatch seam rust; even my friend's 2017 ST is bubbling. Thanks for the photos.

RedGT
RedGT Dork
3/28/19 8:59 a.m.

Sold

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tg7q9wjWWn411yLf2EKUYJQpZ3meJHCO9MdbWONbIMcRUoG8unFaQcMFQlY1cmBs