914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/14/24 8:22 a.m.

NMNA - - only $1,000.   Pretty good everything bike.  Stop at a hotel and the bags click right off like luggage.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/14/24 8:35 a.m.

That is screaming "scam" to me... just seems way too cheap.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/14/24 9:53 a.m.

He's got a FB page and a lot of pics for a scam; but I already have a bike.

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
2/14/24 10:11 a.m.
Ian F (Forum Supporter) said:

He is probably at the same point in his life as you were when you gave away that e30 ;) Not a day goes by when I wish I bought that from you. 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
2/14/24 10:22 a.m.
Slippery said:

He is probably at the same point in his life as you were when you gave away that e30 ;) Not a day goes by when I wish I bought that from you. 

Possible, but it still seems like he's leaving a lot of money on the table.

I've often wondered what happened to Blaze86vic... it seems like he disappeared from the forum shortly after he bought that car from me.  That JDM-spec Celica he had looked awesome. 

Occasionally I wish I'd kept that car as well... but at the same time, that car and I did not seem to get along.  Plus, while I love how they look, I just really didn't like how an E30 drove. 

enginenerd
enginenerd HalfDork
2/14/24 11:47 a.m.

I think it's legit. Price still seems low but for the time of year and the difficulty of selling older BMW touring bikes I can understand it.

Great buy if somebody is in the market for a touring bike that soaks up miles and doesn't mind some DIY maintenance.

golfduke
golfduke Dork
2/14/24 12:33 p.m.

ughhhhhhhhhhhhh 20mins away.... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. 

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
2/14/24 2:50 p.m.

Wow, that looks amazing if not a scam!

Ive actually beem thinking about getting an RS or RT since the last one 914 posted up.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Publisher
2/14/24 2:58 p.m.

That price seems low, but not outrageously so--and I'm basing that judgement on Florida, where we have a way better year-round riding season and way more of a, uh, touring demographic than they do up there. There's a decent chance this is real. For some reason, 20-year-old BMW touring bikes are worthless.

Here's the same bike with fewer miles asking $1500 near me:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1070749167442954/

golfduke
golfduke Dork
2/14/24 3:22 p.m.

I sent a message and am awaiting a reply.  Time will tell.  I was discussing getting another bike with the wife.  She didn't say no outright, so I'm using that as my permission slip.

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
2/14/24 4:59 p.m.

Wow, made the mistake of looking at where this is; like 20 min from my parents...I think MA is buried in snow right now, so way to cold for fly and ride.

In one of the pics you can see the guy, who looks the same as the FB dude, so possibly real.

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
2/14/24 5:06 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

I don't think a parts bike is a fair comparison.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Publisher
2/14/24 5:20 p.m.

In reply to Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself :

Oops--I missed that in the ad. Confusing photos. But still, I see these pop up cheap all the time. Are they terrible? Or is it just a glitch in the matrix? 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Publisher
2/14/24 5:21 p.m.

Here's something similar (not a parts bike) asking $2k:

https://www.facebook.com/share/bg2fMrHSQNEBJshJ/?mibextid=79PoIi

chknhwk
chknhwk Dork
2/15/24 7:05 a.m.
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) said:

Wow, made the mistake of looking at where this is; like 20 min from my parents...I think MA is buried in snow right now, so way to cold for fly and ride.

In one of the pics you can see the guy, who looks the same as the FB dude, so possibly real.

It's not that bad here, we got about 2" in SE Mass. Haven't driven into work since the snow but Boston got like half an inch. 

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
2/15/24 10:39 a.m.

Ad is down...  pic looked too good to be true at $1k.

$3.5-4k will buy a pretty nice one these days, and these are great bikes.  There's one a couple miles away from me for $2.5k, but it's over 100k miles and a little rough.  

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
2/15/24 7:08 p.m.

Wonder if @Golfduke is out cruising around on his new ride?

I've started looking more into these RTs now, back when I was into VFRs the S and RS were priced out of reach and the RT was an old guy bike.  Now I'm old and the 'gentleman's Express' is pretty much what my mission plan would be - commute and occasionally try to embarrass 25 y/o punks on their VTX and Harleys.

I saw a video of a guy in BC who bought one with like 120k on it

golfduke
golfduke Dork
2/19/24 1:20 p.m.
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) said:

Wonder if @Golfduke is out cruising around on his new ride?

I've started looking more into these RTs now, back when I was into VFRs the S and RS were priced out of reach and the RT was an old guy bike.  Now I'm old and the 'gentleman's Express' is pretty much what my mission plan would be - commute and occasionally try to embarrass 25 y/o punks on their VTX and Harleys.

I saw a video of a guy in BC who bought one with like 120k on it

Ha, I wish!  He replied saying I was 3rd in line, so I think it sold pretty much instantly.  It wasn't a scam though, he was a real human and polite, haha.  Someone got a sweetheart deal for sure! 

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
2/19/24 4:59 p.m.

Yeah agreed!  Looking around, there do seem to be some 1100s and 1150s around for not too much; seems like GSs are asking quite abit more

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
2/20/24 12:14 a.m.

Didn't get to see the ad, but classic Ks, and warily oil heads do not seem to hold their value, excep really special ones. 
now asking prices are all over the map, but under $2 grand can still be had, with patience. . 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
2/20/24 7:43 a.m.

In reply to golfduke :

How about that... sometimes an ad that looks too good to be true turns out to be real. I suppose that might have been how I ended up with my E350 EB diesel. The $3500 price I paid seemed too cheap (even before the pandemic sent values for vans like mine through the roof), but it turned out to be real. 

golfduke
golfduke Dork
2/20/24 8:19 a.m.

In reply to golfduke :

How about that... sometimes an ad that looks too good to be true turns out to be real. I suppose that might have been how I ended up with my E350 EB diesel. The $3500 price I paid seemed too cheap (even before the pandemic sent values for vans like mine through the roof), but it turned out to be real. 

Right!  It's always worth a message.  Scams are pretty quick to sniff out based on the reply. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
POrOdVyLLrLDdrG17nWM69QWZMQvdvzLtFoRRQAzE28m6BhBNrWTqPPvQf8X4Gb7