1 2 3
ThePhranc
ThePhranc Dork
6/23/12 3:41 p.m.

The vast majority of the ones they have out there dump straight down instead of out at 45. I did see one pair of SS tubular rams head that were 45s and they cost around $700 Way too much for me. I think Carlisle will be the best shot.

noddaz
noddaz Reader
6/23/12 7:21 p.m.

When this is together are you going to auto-x it? It would be great to see this slinging around the track...

And hey... Ijust came across this link for exhaust manifolds... am auto parts manifolds

4 pages of them...

ThePhranc
ThePhranc Dork
6/23/12 9:25 p.m.

You are the man! The link is perfect.

Auto-x for sure. It needs a tonne of work before that. Right now it handles like butter on a skillet.

Friday I'll see what it does in the 1/4.

noddaz
noddaz Reader
6/24/12 1:28 p.m.
ThePhranc wrote: You are the man! The link is perfect. Auto-x for sure. It needs a tonne of work before that. Right now it handles like butter on a skillet. Friday I'll see what it does in the 1/4.

Don't thank me yet... They may be cheap junk. I don't know what kind of quality these are. I have never done business with them. Just something I Googled... And something else to consider.. Swapping left manifold to right side and right to left to change where the exhaust dumps out...

ThePhranc
ThePhranc Dork
6/24/12 6:00 p.m.

http://youtu.be/zIPZdh53HAw

ThePhranc
ThePhranc Dork
6/29/12 7:12 p.m.

Took it the 1/4 track and it ran like poop, hot poop, hot poop thats been sitting out in the heat all day. Ran a 16.1, 16.03, 15,97 and 15.5 after I git my hands on a timing light and fixed the timing. The hold down on it was lose like so many other bolts.

rickindy1
rickindy1
7/17/12 10:34 p.m.

1.5 inch shorty headers that fit my Spirit. Hedman left side for a jeep to Chevy swap/ Hedman right side for a S10 v8 swap. I had to move one pipe on the right. I had to cut a little off the right side strut rod bracket mount. I had to shift the engine about an inch to the right. Mine is low in the engine bay. I notched right under the wiper motor to clear the distributor cap, but they fit. I had to beat on the oil pan to clear the cross member by 1/4. That is how low I have it in the engine bay. The oil pan was for a 1995 Suburban, as is the engine. Off the top of my head, the part numbers are 69520 and 69670. Been a while since I did this. You can order the headers separate from Summit, but you will have to call. The part number would be something like 69670 LSO for "left side only" 69520 RSO for "right side only"

I looked at every header for a SBC I could find an image of. This is the only thing that fit. There is a pair of Sanderson shoty headers that will fit, but the engine must go higher and further forward to make it all work with the Sandersons.

rickindy1
rickindy1 New Reader
7/17/12 10:39 p.m.

In reply to rickindy1: The Sandersons were high quality, but would not work for me. I ended up selling them on Ebay. part number was CC-3.

ThePhranc
ThePhranc Dork
8/9/13 8:57 a.m.

Car now has 406 sbc 2004r trans, custom door cards and center console. It dropped the oil pick up tube going down the highway and killed the old 305.

M030
M030 Dork
8/9/13 9:35 a.m.

There's a pretty whole 77 AMC Spirit wagon on the Hartford, CT craigslist

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
6/20/14 3:42 p.m.

How about an update?

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
6/20/14 3:46 p.m.
Javelin wrote: In reply to ThePhranc: There isn't a single AMC V8 part that's NLA. You can pick everything up at NAPA, O'Reilly, etc. let alone Summit, RockAuto, etc. Seriously. It isn't 1992 anymore. New blocks, new heads, new pistons, rods, cranks, cams, bearings, all of it is available. Cheap, too (not SBC cheap, but getting down there, cheaper than Olds, Buick, BBC, BBF, B/RB ChryCo, etc).

That's what I was thinking. Not a knock in any way, but I'd want an AMC under the hood. Something about the underdog, or doing things the hard way really gets me excited.

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
6/20/14 4:12 p.m.

Doesn't look like the OP has been on the forum in awhile. Hopefully nothing happened and he is just busy with other things.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NfzYoCVyzHhwbLH5zDpbgarrzgMIqefSHAM2uNNR3lTML9OPEHyVYg8E839Rq08K