kb58
kb58 Dork
11/20/15 12:22 p.m.

Months ago I ran through about a million (literally) locusts crossing the road before figuring out why the road surface was moving. Ever since there's been cement-hard bug goo on the car that I haven't figured out how to remove. Individually I can pick them off with my fingernail, but that's not optimal. Have you guys found anything suitable that can be applied, maybe left to soak, that's able to soften that up?

Somewhat related, after being overwhelmed by all the pretty colored quick detailer products, any you guys recommend as being better than most?

oldtin
oldtin UberDork
11/20/15 12:26 p.m.

i've always used kerosene for road tar and bug goo.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
11/20/15 1:31 p.m.

Stoner makes The Tarminator.

That's what I usually use for this stuff. It gets sap and bug guts off of vehicles pretty well. Let it soak on there for a bit and it softens that crap right up!

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UltimaDork
11/20/15 1:34 p.m.

Most bug juice softens nicely in water. Needs a few minutes of soaking.

CharlesE
CharlesE New Reader
11/20/15 4:14 p.m.

Try "Bounce" fabric softner sheets. Just moisten and rub gently on the car. Works well for me.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan HalfDork
11/20/15 11:15 p.m.

this could very well be a very dumb suggestion but wd40 removed the duck tape leftovers and residue that had once held my passenger window up with minor ease and a micro-fiber. Other than that I use a waterless wash from Amazon.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
duXvderk8mKm2qebQZlvHDj1uJYB3ts8smBcMot8Z6yVcRovXb02wTg87hWSd3Xo