3 4 5 6
neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
7/21/15 1:03 p.m.

I must say I have enjoyed the path this thread has taken. First about the car, then debate over "tunes" and warranty, on to Subi engines blow up, and now another debate over engine sounds through the stereo.

Bravo!

Knurled
Knurled UltimaDork
7/21/15 1:03 p.m.
Duke wrote: So... they take a black-and-white photo of the nice fall foliage, then Photoshop the color back into it. Why?

My guess? Drive-by noise regulations require the exhaust and intake and everything else to be below a certain level. Driver expectations require a level of interior noise abatement so you don't hear every bump, thump, and whistle as you drive down the road. (A lot of perceived harshness is actually noise)

The only way to reconcile those two AND bring the engine note to the driver's ear is to amplify it electronically just for the interior.

yupididit
yupididit Reader
7/21/15 1:04 p.m.

I have a 1.6 eco-boost fusion has 43k miles and no problems at all. My only complaint....SYNC sucks. That's all.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap Reader
7/21/15 1:56 p.m.

So I got an itch to go out and test drove the 2015 stangs. They are really nice, enjoy them more than past stangs. More comfortable. Ecoboost is like a couple grand more and is a no brainer. The v6 ecoboost with steeper gears is great around town.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Dork
7/21/15 2:04 p.m.

In reply to Coldsnap:

But the Mustang Ecoboost is an I4.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render SuperDork
7/21/15 2:51 p.m.
yupididit wrote: I have a 1.6 eco-boost fusion has 43k miles and no problems at all. My only complaint....SYNC sucks. That's all.

Really? I love Sync. I've never had an issue with it recognizing my voice.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap Reader
7/21/15 2:51 p.m.

damn phone. yea yea v6 standard l4 boost

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
7/21/15 3:00 p.m.

The new mustang is so nice still a little fat but so nice.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap Reader
7/21/15 3:06 p.m.

It is really nice... and sorta cheap? Looking forward to seeing how they pan out in the next 2-3 years. I can see myself getting a used one. I hate all the electronic stuff in it, but damn does it result in a nice ride. It's weird how the windows go down when you open the door about 1" then reseals itself when you close it. Like I don't think I'd ever get use to that.

MCarp22
MCarp22 Dork
7/21/15 3:53 p.m.
Coldsnap wrote: It's weird how the windows go down when you open the door about 1" then reseals itself when you close it. Like I don't think I'd ever get use to that.

That feature has probably been around for 15+ years now.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
7/21/15 6:36 p.m.
MCarp22 wrote:
Coldsnap wrote: It's weird how the windows go down when you open the door about 1" then reseals itself when you close it. Like I don't think I'd ever get use to that.

I first noticed that on a drop top PT.

TGMF
TGMF Reader
7/21/15 6:42 p.m.

Wait till that drop a inch and move back up feature kills the window motor like my Z does. You'll grow to hate that setup.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap Reader
7/21/15 6:46 p.m.
TGMF wrote: Wait till that drop a inch and move back up feature kills the window motor like my Z does. You'll grow to hate that setup.

Yup, when I see stuff like that I immediately think "how is this going to break X part in 2 years".

flatlander937
flatlander937 Reader
7/21/15 7:32 p.m.

Dodge Vipers have had that window drop feature since the beginning of the 2nd gens(1996). They're a bitch to adjust properly.

Edit. Mini Coopers also suck to adjust.

Nathan JansenvanDoorn
Nathan JansenvanDoorn Dork
7/22/15 5:17 a.m.

BMW used that in 1993, 22 years ago!! Hard to believe it's been that long.

MCarp22 wrote:
NOHOME
NOHOME UberDork
7/22/15 6:22 a.m.
Nathan JansenvanDoorn wrote: BMW used that in 1993, 22 years ago!! Hard to believe it's been that long.
MCarp22 wrote:

The Toyobaru has this also. Obviously thought of by some engineer who never made it out of the lab. NOT a good idea in winter when your windows are likely to be frozen in place as often as not. I still have no idea of why this could ever be a good idea and I dont buy the explanation of "Pressure Relief" as the door closes.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/22/15 7:50 a.m.

To get a better seal since many doors don't have a top rail anymore? Just a guess.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
7/22/15 9:44 a.m.

Wow, this is an epic de-rail of almost political thread proportions.

Those that hate SYNC, I bet you don't, I bet what you are upset with is 'My Ford Touch' the screen input, not the basic SYNC which is solid as a rock. The 'My-Touch' has got better year over year and works better than most competion but get a bad rap because it gets a higher take rate than most of the competition.

Where are people hearing about 4 cyl Ecoboost issues? I havent' heard any.

Personaly I've met exactly zero people who have blown up a stock Subaru turbo engine.

Now, back to EC Mustangs. Any news on when the Ford Racing Tune is coming out and what it ads and how much it costs?

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
7/22/15 9:55 a.m.

I think I have been infected with "Pony Disease", thanks guys. All I can think about lately is buying a gently used 2015 silver Ecoboost 'Stang with an automatic (don't kill me, my commute sucks!) for my next daily driver. Looks like a proper GT car that gets good gas mileage, yet will be fun to drive on my long commute.

And I WANT technology. After having Bluetooth-streaming and hands-free in my Mazda, no daily driver of mine will be without it.

I wonder how a new Ecoboost Mustang would do in a New England winter?

yupididit
yupididit Reader
7/22/15 9:55 a.m.
Sky_Render wrote:
yupididit wrote: I have a 1.6 eco-boost fusion has 43k miles and no problems at all. My only complaint....SYNC sucks. That's all.

I have to do a Master Reset At least once a week, especially if I want to use Bluetooth.

Adrian_Thompson
7/22/15 9:59 a.m.
yupididit wrote:
Sky_Render wrote:
I have to do a Master Reset At least once a week, especially if I want to use Bluetooth.

Then go to the dealer. I did have some issues with my 2012 MkX but that was the first year for 'My Touch', after the software update it was fine for the rest of the time. Never had an issue with the 2015 MkC and so far zero issues with the 2016 Explorer. 'My Touch' is solid now.

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
7/22/15 10:02 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Now, back to EC Mustangs. Any news on when the Ford Racing Tune is coming out and what it ads and how much it costs?

I would doubt one will come soon. To me, the EB 4Cyl mustang is much like the 1.0l Fiesta. Which is to say that if you are getting one, performance isn't the high priority. And such, the market for a tune would be very thin.

(and bear in mind, this 2.3 isn't the same as the one in the Focus RS, so taking one calibration and putting it into the other isn't going to work)

Adrian_Thompson
7/22/15 10:05 a.m.

In reply to alfadriver:

Damn Eric, you're about to piss off about 99% of the GRM population who will jump on you and point out that the EB is the real performance car, totally ignoring the fact that for the 99.999999999999999% of new Mustang buyers (hint, people who will buy the car) you are 100% right.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap Reader
7/22/15 10:27 a.m.
SilverFleet wrote: I think I have been infected with "Pony Disease", thanks guys. All I can think about lately is buying a gently used 2015 silver Ecoboost 'Stang with an automatic (don't kill me, my commute sucks!) for my next daily driver. Looks like a proper GT car that gets good gas mileage, yet will be fun to drive on my long commute. And I WANT technology. After having Bluetooth-streaming and hands-free in my Mazda, no daily driver of mine will be without it. I wonder how a new Ecoboost Mustang would do in a New England winter?

Yea, I'm going to have my eyes open in 2-3 years when they start popping up with 70k miles. By then too some of the hard users will have put 150k miles on the cars and we can see if any reliability issues shake out.

yupididit
yupididit Reader
7/22/15 10:29 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
yupididit wrote:
Sky_Render wrote:
Then go to the dealer. I did have some issues with my 2012 MkX but that was the first year for 'My Touch', after the software update it was fine for the rest of the time. Never had an issue with the 2015 MkC and so far zero issues with the 2016 Explorer. 'My Touch' is solid now.

I have, and they've done some SYNC software updates and it still does the same thing to me. It's actually the only thing I've ever taken the car to the dealer for. Other than that the car is great and I'd have no problem buying another Ford product. I know SYNC isn't an issue for some but it is an issue for others. It's not totally without fault and for me and my experience it sucks. Never had any issues with 'MyTouch' though. You'd lose that bet Adrian lol

3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WFVlOYjvgb2fZOkEKxdR8qDp5iIuxV84DnXD9yI1spz8RAyauQiMGu8rztoWQQGY