Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
5/11/15 9:20 p.m.

Yes the slow first pitstop for Hamilton sealed his fate to be 2nd.

I think if he had a proper first stop he would have been on Rosberg's gearbox by the end of the race. Even with Rosberg turning up the pace. Hamilton's has that much speed.

The start was rather frantic. Everyone behind Bottas seemed to have a hard fought battle for position. Lasted all the race.

Yes the win was by 17s but I still liked the race.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
5/11/15 9:25 p.m.

I guess it was like the 1999 24hours of LeMans the gap at the line between first and second was large but watching that Toyota slowly closing down on the BMW was great racing in the closing stages.

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
5/12/15 7:03 a.m.

In reply to Advan046:

Maybe- but I think it was just Rosberg's weekend. Possible that all of the psyching out that has been done would have forced Nico into a mistake, but I don't see Hamilton passing. He was so much faster than Vettel, but could not pass on track.

I'm ok with that- Hamilton still has a pretty nice lead in the championship. It will be interesting to see how he does on Nico's favorite track.

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
5/12/15 10:43 a.m.

Rosberg better get the wins before Hamilton gets a schumi contact that has Rosberg pull over before he crosses the line.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
5/12/15 11:59 a.m.

I've seen no indication that this would be necessary. Hamilton is the #1 driver at Mercedes on sheer merit.

etifosi
etifosi Dork
5/13/15 9:56 a.m.

Details of how much $$$ Bernie gives to the teams:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118955

*Spoiler Alert! adrian & alpha may need some of these.........

As for the last race: Was hoping to see Ferrari close, as MB were said to claim that Ferrari caught up in the HP department. When VET grabbed second with a super start I dreamed there was more to come, but it soon became obvious that MB looks as BETTER than everyone now, like they have for the last 15 months.

I wonder if Mclaren will borrow a Honda Indycar aero-kit to use in Monaco

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
5/13/15 10:04 a.m.
etifosi wrote: *Spoiler Alert! adrian & alpha may need some of these.........

Dude, if you are REALLY a Ferrari fan, you should know exactly how it's spelled, and what it means.

For that matter, you should already know why YOU should know.

If you don't know that, I would have to presume you are a bandwagon Ferrari fan.

(if you don't know what I'm talking about- more points taken away)

etifosi
etifosi Dork
5/13/15 10:14 a.m.

In reply to alfadriver:

etifosi
etifosi Dork
5/13/15 10:17 a.m.

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
5/13/15 10:18 a.m.

Haas: Patrick not out of F1 equation

I think it is a ruse, but will see how this plays out. Her contract is up after this year.

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
5/13/15 11:01 a.m.
etifosi wrote: In reply to alfadriver:

Ok, if you say so.

But you should probably mis-spell Adrian's name, too. It would make your mistake excuse more believable.

It's still interesting that you think it's a joke to mis-spell Alfa, when it's vital to the history of Ferrari. I guess we should interpret that as thinking Ferrari is a joke?

etifosi
etifosi Dork
5/13/15 11:11 a.m.

In reply to alfadriver:

Usually, I type it as: yo Adrian & alpha. I also try to call Ferrari fun names when I refer to them. Just keeding around...

Besides, I thought you ALREADY thought Ferrari was a joke.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
5/13/15 11:14 a.m.
alfadriver wrote:
Ok, if you say so. But you should probably mis-spell Adrian's name, too. It would make your mistake excuse more believable. It's still interesting that you think it's a joke to mis-spell Alfa, when it's vital to the history of Ferrari. I guess we should interpret that as thinking Ferrari is a joke?

Who pee'd your Cheerios this morning? Geez.

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
5/13/15 11:23 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac:

For most, I don't really care that they get it wrong, but for someone to proclaim that they are such a great Ferrari fan, they should get it right. Especially when there's so many historical references- are they real, or just part of the bandwagon?

it's not hard- even one fewer letter. And it's a massive part of Ferrari's history- to the point that if not for Alfa, Ferrari may never of made cars.

If we want to keep ferarri a joke, that's fine with me.

etifosi
etifosi Dork
5/13/15 11:46 a.m.

In reply to A.L.F.A. driver:

Wait, my bait for you on the tifosi tax was rejected, but the same way I've spelled your GRM-name in other posts is the Icycream in your Underoos?

It brings to mind one of Enzo's quotes on A.L.F.A., after Gonzalez's victory at the '51 British GP:

“I cried for joy. But my tears of enthusiasm were mixed with those of sorrow because I thought, today I have killed my mother.”

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
5/13/15 11:56 a.m.

You owe me a keyboard.

etifosi
etifosi Dork
5/13/15 3:13 p.m.
alfadriver wrote:
etifosi wrote: *Spoiler Alert! adrian & alpha may need some of these.........
Dude, if you are REALLY a Ferrari fan, you should know exactly how it's spelled, and what it means. For that matter, you should already know why YOU should know. If you don't know that, I would have to presume you are a bandwagon Ferrari fan. (if you don't know what I'm talking about- more points taken away)

Um, I just realized that I confused my fine FIAT relative Alpa ( ) with Advan046 when I trolled earlier.

Still cannot guarantee I won't facetiously call you alpha again, because...

stroker
stroker SuperDork
5/13/15 4:20 p.m.
trigun7469 wrote: Haas: Patrick not out of F1 equation I think it is a ruse, but will see how this plays out. Her contract is up after this year.

God, I hope so. Nothing else would show her lack of talent faster.

TAParker
TAParker Reader
5/13/15 4:39 p.m.

Next up.......Monaco!!! With a little luck perhaps points for McHonda??

TAParker
TAParker Reader
5/13/15 4:41 p.m.
stroker wrote:
trigun7469 wrote: Haas: Patrick not out of F1 equation I think it is a ruse, but will see how this plays out. Her contract is up after this year.
God, I hope so. Nothing else would show her lack of talent faster.

Agreed..........she is only on board to sell souvenirs from the track.........

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
5/14/15 10:01 a.m.

T's OK TIssueOSI I still love ya. It's always nice having someone around to feel riotously superior too

I've missed the fun over the last few days as I’ve been avoiding this thread not having seen the race yet. I've finally come to terms with the fact I may not get to watch it, so wandered back in here to see your halfhearted attempts at insults

Sounds like Vivian must have slipped a vile of MoJo in Nico's morning coffee over race weekend as from what I can tell he owned the whole weekend, not just the run to the first corner. I think Hammy may have been distracted by running all over the world and trying to learn legal-eze with his own contract negotiations.

I'm pissed off at McLaren. They should have come out of the gate at this first European round swinging. Instead Button has a E36 M3ty car that understeers off throttle and oversteers on, then Alonso knows he has cooked brakes and still comes into the pit box too hot potential with disastrous results. Rookie mistake. Maybe Ron should have stayed in the background. McLaren is looking in need of a shake up, I wonder how much it would cost to poach Maurizio Arrive-Well from Ferrari!! Yes I really said that.

BTW, I hope Bottas does go to Ferrari to replace the Kimster. If Hammy goes there in the future I will become the ultimate hypocrite and support him there.

etifosi
etifosi Dork
5/14/15 11:00 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

Hey! How DARE you deride the sanctity of my user-name! That would be like putting Hello Kitty stickers all over a Ferrari....or slapping a little pony label on any product someone will "official"-ly pay for.

I too was hoping to see SOMEONE get closer to MB once the European season began, but it looks like MB's advantage has not eroded one bit.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
5/14/15 11:16 a.m.

Yes I too thought if the team claims he was coming in to retire the car, why was Alonso entering the pit box so fast instead of coasting in?

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
5/14/15 11:25 a.m.

So why did the Kimster have the updates taken off his car and go back to the original set up?

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
5/14/15 11:34 a.m.

Kimi didn't like the upgrades. He complained about the car sliding too much.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SbbEsG3R6lXrclDVB4nMvoRriTg5uJancGvji7ZijbJTX4jHfMdwr2aBsIIHdZZi