2 3 4 5
carbon
carbon Reader
11/19/13 6:35 p.m.

mkIV supra in a berking heartbeat. Miss mine , miss the ra29 celica too, I might buy that car back, my friend has it, never drives it, maybe I can buy back it for less than he payed me for it

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress HalfDork
11/19/13 6:46 p.m.

Ones I've actually owned and would buy again:

NA Miata, Ford Panther, EK Honda Civic EX (prefer an Si)

Ones I've driven enough that I'd totally love to buy if I needed another/different vehicle:

Honda Ridgeline, Honda Element, Honda S2000, EF Honda Civic Si or CRX Si (preferably CRX), Acura Integra GSR (any)

Probably would not buy again:

B15 Nissan Sentra, R56 MINI Cooper S (no particular reason, just I've experienced it, doesn't leave me wanting another)

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 Dork
11/19/13 7:01 p.m.

FD RX7
NA Miata

doc_speeder
doc_speeder Reader
11/19/13 7:06 p.m.

Mk2 Jetta GTX 16v

Mazda 5

Chevy GMT800 2500hd pickup

Grand Prix GTP

kazoospec
kazoospec HalfDork
11/19/13 7:25 p.m.

Of the cars I've actually liked (owned a lot of appliances over the years) EG Civic Hatch - absolutely, twice on Sunday. Si would be nice, but I'd buy a clean DX without blinking. Realistically, seems I've got a better chance at finding Bigfoot. Mine rusted to oblivion.

SE-R Spec V - fun, but probably not again. Some reliability issues, always leaked and burned oil, kind of a pet peeve of mine.

Nissan Hardbody pickup - yep. At just about any price too. (Also rusted to oblivion)

Miata - yes, but might go for an NB next time just to mix it up a bit.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
11/19/13 7:31 p.m.

MK1 MR2. (Actually looking now...)

'93 Eagle Talon. Wish I had kept it, even at 260k miles.

Lil Red Express. Maybe someday I'll have another.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
11/19/13 8:16 p.m.
Jerry wrote: '93 Eagle Talon. Wish I had kept it, even at 260k miles.

Hmm... for some reason there's a difference... I wish I'd kept my '91 Integra as a 2nd car for autocross/track/whatever... but do I really want another one? Not really... I'll let my fond memories of it be.

patgizz
patgizz UberDork
11/19/13 8:22 p.m.

i'd buy another caprice or roadmaster TBI small block wagon in a heartbeat. in fact my wife and i are considering one for sale up the street as general winter backup just in case something happens to either of our dailies, as everything else is put away since they salted the roads last weekend.

MINIzguy
MINIzguy New Reader
11/19/13 8:34 p.m.

E39 M5 if I was out of school and could house 2 cars. I would need the 2nd car as the M5 would always be getting worked on.

curtis73
curtis73 UltraDork
11/19/13 9:25 p.m.

I would re-own (in a heartbeat)

Any of the B-body GMs I have owned
a 97-03 F150
an E30
W210 diesel
Yamaha R6
Most any GM G-body

Mazda787b
Mazda787b Reader
11/19/13 11:05 p.m.

Jeep XJ - Yes Neon ACR - Yes

W-Body GM? Had it 3 weeks and hate it. Not sure I could do it again. May sell it and keep the base 96 Neon sedan as a DD.

emodspitfire
emodspitfire Reader
11/20/13 12:02 a.m.

So what happened to kill the pair of dead Mazda 2s?

How many miles on either of the cars?

Rog

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
11/20/13 6:11 a.m.

Meh, it depends upon what I happen across and the price.

It will be RWD, manual and a V8 is most likely

octavious
octavious Reader
11/20/13 6:26 a.m.

Only one I want to buy again is the 70 911 S I owned for a short time. I never drove it because it needed a full resto, but I sold it to get the motor for the targa. At the time there was no possible way I could keep both. I still regret selling it. So yeah, I'd buy that one back or another. Sadly that will never happen because S prices exploded not long after I sold that one. Grrrrrrr.

I'm also on my 4th or 5th Jeep. Started with a 94 Grand Cherokee (not sure of the designator on that one) then CJ, TJ, KJ, JK, and another TJ. I can't say I wouldn't own another CJ again, but the TJ is currenlty the only repeat purchase.

02Pilot
02Pilot HalfDork
11/20/13 7:02 a.m.

I'd buy both of the cars I currently own again.

The E39 525i is just such a great combination of refinement and performance, especially on the highway (it's a bit large for tossing around narrow twisties, but the Bilsteins helped that a lot). It will do 30mpg in pure highway driving (5 speed). It does take it's fair share of maintenance, but I can do 95% of that myself (unlike the later versions of the 5). When it's right I can't think of anything I'd be happier with as a daily driver.

I've owned my 74 2002 for near on 20 years now. I know just about every inch of that car inside and out. One of the easiest, most reliable classics to live with, and incredibly good to drive. I'd feel very odd not owning one.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
11/20/13 7:43 a.m.

TL,DR

1993-01 Corolla, 5 speed, 7AFE mill
1999 5 speed sport edition Infiniti G20
1999 Z24 Coupe, 5 speed

All 3 are or have been owned by myself or the missus in some version of the models listed above. Id take any of them again in a heartbeat.

fornetti14
fornetti14 HalfDork
11/20/13 8:27 a.m.

What in the world happened to your Mazda2??

I'd buy another E36 BMW if I could find a reasonable one that isn't rusted.

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
12/4/13 11:09 a.m.

So i bought another of a car i've owned before and it reminded me of this thread:

Most recent re-purchase: a 2.0l/5spd Dodge Stratus. The first one i owned i parted out in favor of a broken neon after driving home with only 1st and 4th gears. After getting the neon going i wondered if i wouldnt have preferred the Stratus. I sold that neon too.

Now i have ANOTHER 95 sohc/5spd neon, and a stratus, and they both run, so i will finally be able to answer that question after buying a 2nd version of each car.

I've also owned 4 XJ cherokees and would consider owning another. Not something i'm really looking for.

I recently sold a 92 Montero i took on trade and i would get another one if the right deal came along.

For me it's so much that i'm seeking stuff out, as it is when i see a running one for scrap value (as in the case of this stratus), i often buy now and ask questions later. People who are into more expensive cars NEVER have that problem..

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
12/4/13 11:35 a.m.

I LOVED my 83 944 with manual steering. The steering wheel shimmy that happens around 65/70 is a little annoying, but the steering feel is amazing. I threw on some 968 swaybars (non M030), and Koni dampers, and better wheels/tires. Best sportscar for the money, IMO.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku UberDork
12/4/13 11:58 a.m.

I've owned 4 Fiero's, each an upgrade from the last. 1985 4cly base, 1985 SE V6, 1988 Formula, 1988 Coupe w/V8 swap. All were 5 speed cars. I've had force myself to buy other stuff.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot HalfDork
12/4/13 12:02 p.m.

e thirty-six m3, bmw 2002, 63 buick 225

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
12/4/13 12:13 p.m.

Time to bust out the car list....

1985 Civic wagovan: Sure, why not?

1964 Buick Skylark: In a heartbeat. Tin worm ate my old one, but I had big plans for it that never came to fruition.

1987 Mercury Cougar XR7: Liked it enough to buy 2 of them. I'd totally rock a 3rd one. It's a Fox body, so the sky's the limit.

1989 Nissan Maxima SE: YES! I would in a second, although I'd get a stick this time. One of the most reliable, honest, and fun to drive cars I've had.

1992 Ford F150 4x4: Probably, but only in 2WD and with a short bed. Working on that truck was the pits.

1983 Chevy Camaro Z28: Yes. In fact, I want my exact car back. 5-speed, composite hood, crank windows, and T-Tops. You don't see them in nice shape anymore.

1979 Pontiac Trans Am (currently own) : Again, liked it enough to buy a 2nd, which I sold later on. I would buy 10 more if I had room.

2002 VW Jetta: NO BERKELEYING WAY. By blood boils at the though of that POS.

2002 Subaru WRX Wagon: Yup, I'm dumb enough to probably buy another someday if the price is right. It was a fun car, but has the potential to nickel and dime you to death.

2009 Subaru WRX: No, I can't do that again. That car ripped my damn heart out.

1987 Shelby CSX (currently own) : Even though I've still never driven it, yeah, I'd probably buy another.

2012 Mazda 3 S Touring (currently own) : I'm not sure yet. I love this car, but I wish it had more power sometimes. It is the closest car I've had to my old '89 Maxima, and I like it for the same reasons.

1997 Dodge Dakota 2WD (currently own) : Yes. I like it a lot, but I'd get a slightly newer one with a V8 and a lot less rust.

noddaz
noddaz Dork
12/4/13 12:17 p.m.

VW. Despite the bad experiences of a few people here...

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
12/4/13 12:30 p.m.

another Grunt.....

What's Grunt... my awd Corolla sedan....

I'm just not sure if I could find another.... it took me nearly 10 years of looking to find this one

alleykat
alleykat New Reader
12/4/13 1:47 p.m.

NA Miata - yes I've had 2 Mazda5 - yes E36 - yes I've had 3 MkI rabbit - hell yes

E46 323i - no way E30 - no I've had 2 AMC Gremlin - nope

2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ly6wAoqb78sj8TEXF8dRzDAWvdIyvdaGClM6hEShAMqNlC9zl1vByG6SydhGcwh5