1 2
nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
10/18/13 8:56 p.m.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
10/18/13 9:03 p.m.

Get rid of that bullE36 M3 style bar, swap the rims, I'd probably rock it. That ducktail is FRESH.

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
10/18/13 9:15 p.m.

I like the ducktail but I wonder about the mental capacity of someone who would try and make the answer look like a Viper.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
10/18/13 9:21 p.m.

Ha! That's great.

kb58
kb58 HalfDork
10/18/13 9:24 p.m.

Reminds me of those 917 "Porsche" race car kits - based upon a VW engine and pan, ugh.

But wait, it gets worse. At a kit car show I attended, you could not only get V12 sound effects tracks for your four-cylinder car, but also fake V12 valve covers, AND, wait for it... authentic fake "disc brake" conversion kits, which are composed of an aluminum disc that you sandwich between your wheel and drum brake. AND, it comes with a painted-on brake "caliper."

I felt like I was at an impersonator's meeting, ugh.

irish44j
irish44j UberDork
10/18/13 9:25 p.m.

The funny part is that probably half the population would be fooled....

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
10/18/13 9:27 p.m.

In reply to irish44j:

I wondered about that too.

irish44j
irish44j UberDork
10/18/13 9:36 p.m.

If you take your hand and cover the front half of the car, and blur your eyes a bit....it actually does look a bit like a Viper. The Miata taillights do the trick.

LuxInterior
LuxInterior New Reader
10/18/13 9:36 p.m.

It's the new Dodge Garter Snake! I freakin' love those things. Someday...someday I will own one.

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
10/18/13 10:21 p.m.

If you did a FM V-8 swap in that thing, you could sucker a lot of people out of cash racing it.

bgkast
bgkast HalfDork
10/18/13 10:35 p.m.

RexSeven
RexSeven UltraDork
10/18/13 10:41 p.m.
kb58 wrote: But wait, it gets worse. At a kit car show I attended, you could not only get V12 sound effects tracks for your four-cylinder car, but also fake V12 valve covers, AND, wait for it... authentic fake "disc brake" conversion kits, which are composed of an aluminum disc that you sandwich between your wheel and drum brake. AND, it comes with a painted-on brake "caliper." I felt like I was at an impersonator's meeting, ugh.

Holy E36 M3, you aren't kidding!

And I thought "big brake" caliper covers were bad...

Oh, and here's a link to a how-to (I wish I were kidding) on making a LS1 look like a Lambo V-12.

http://www.kitcarmagazine.com/Featured-Article/V12Cover/Disguising%20your%20Lambo%20replica.htm

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
10/18/13 10:50 p.m.

You know, i always thought the saving grace of hideous body kits on otherwise capable cars is that you could make it fast as all hell and surprise the crap out of everybody.

I mean, if you built a viper miata that was faster around a track than a viper or a countach fiero that did the same, at that point you're basically the automotive equivalent of trollface.

kanaric
kanaric Reader
10/19/13 1:25 a.m.

Viper Miata? I didn't know people did things like that to these cars, thought this was confined to Fieros.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Dork
10/19/13 1:42 a.m.
nicksta43 wrote: I like the ducktail but I wonder about the mental capacity of someone who would try and make the answer look like a Viper.

If that is the answer, what was the question?

Mr_Estrotica
Mr_Estrotica Reader
10/19/13 2:24 a.m.

It honestly took me a moment to realize it was a miata. Mr. Tanner, I believe it is now your responsibility to make a LS Miata Viper clone.

Warren v
Warren v HalfDork
10/19/13 3:12 a.m.

It got worse:

And even worse:

The0retical
The0retical HalfDork
10/19/13 3:26 a.m.
Warren v wrote: And even worse:

LSx it and I'd rock it.

Knurled
Knurled UberDork
10/19/13 5:11 a.m.
nicksta43 wrote:

Miata del Sol?

Knurled
Knurled UberDork
10/19/13 5:14 a.m.
Vigo wrote: You know, i always thought the saving grace of hideous body kits on otherwise capable cars is that you could make it fast as all hell and surprise the crap out of everybody. I mean, if you built a viper miata that was faster around a track than a viper or a countach fiero that did the same, at that point you're basically the automotive equivalent of trollface.

It's not the inverse of a sleeper, more like a negative of it. It's the opposite on the appearance axis of the spectrum but the same level on the performance axis.

In short, do it.

Knurled
Knurled UberDork
10/19/13 5:15 a.m.
Mr_Estrotica wrote: It honestly took me a moment to realize it was a miata.

It took the comments for me to realize that it was supposed to look like a Viper. I still don't see it, but okay.

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine HalfDork
10/19/13 6:01 a.m.

I like the front and hood. Find a nice coupe miata and do it. V8 swap you would win some shows amd really piss off some vipers at the track. Almost got one of those kits back in the day, too much cash tho.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
10/19/13 6:07 a.m.

who will be the first to make a Viper look like a Miata?

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
10/19/13 6:20 a.m.
novaderrik wrote: who will be the first to make a Viper look like a Miata?

Somewhere it's probably already been done. Heck it's probably already for sale on CL. I actually kind like the yellow one.

bluej
bluej Dork
10/19/13 6:54 a.m.
Mr_Estrotica wrote: It honestly took me a moment to realize it was a miata. Mr. Tanner, I believe it is now your responsibility to make a LS Miata Viper clone.

Not LSx though. I think this is the "shoehorn a v10 in a miata" challenge. Not that it's a good idea..

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rg963NbAKEuv0X1wopp0sBdtPuqYpG68GMGyShJy4CrZrKRpBOaVBHWFUNwm6kjJ