1 2
Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
2/14/12 7:24 a.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqzh1aRh7dQ

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit SuperDork
2/14/12 9:15 a.m.

Another Ohioian here, CP is the bomb. On another note California HWY 49 is a cool drive.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
2/14/12 9:30 a.m.

Close enough to drive to Cedar Point and I love all of the Coasters there. Here in the Burgh, Kennywood has some classics, and I enjoy all of them. Have done both Busch Gardens, and they have some interesting ones as well (you can lay down, sit on a bike seat, stand...)

My favorite right now is at King's Dominion in Virginia, called the Volcano. You hang below the track, and it slowly eases away from the loading platform, and you think you are going to click-clack up a big hill. Suddenly, you are launched uphill by a magnetic accelerator! Then, about half-way through the ride, you hit a second launcher that shoots you straight up out of the volcano then upside-down. Love the surprise of a second launcher!

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler Reader
2/14/12 9:59 a.m.

I grew up going to Cedar Point, it truly is the Mecca of roller coasters. Michigan's Adventure near Muskegon has a couple of decent wooden coasters, it's the best in "my" state, though I live so close to Cedar Point it almost doesn't matter.

But I'm afraid I'm done with roller coasters at this point in my life. They give me motion sickness, and the wooden ones just beat the tar out of me and give me headaches. I was a total coaster junkie in my younger days, but those days have passed.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
2/14/12 10:12 a.m.

Kings Island in CIncinnati!

The Beast-It is the longest wooden roller coaster in the world

and my 2nd fave is also at Kings Island: FIREHAWK - you lay down and are suspended from the rails - like youre flying... its wicked awesome!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eTFqd5gNqeuckUQzZY8d9lDabjwFvTS32yt1cRRvsbIvP8BcdEYuti1Ih6EHIRhs