Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/31/21 10:51 a.m.

I, as I am sure many of you do, get emails from flyin miata. I don't even own a miata. I would like a miata, but I got bigger fish to fry right now. Escalade size fish. I can however buy a t shirt from them. And I have. Several times. The Halloween cone, zombie elvis (long time grmers may know I have an obsession with elvis the miata. I don't know why. I don't even fit in nb's.). And most recently, the nd chasing the na manga style shirt. 

They've all been very comfortable shirts. The graphics are well executed and printed. Shirts for excellent, and whatever shirt manufacturer is being used is providing an excellent base. Id wear these even without cool stuff all over them. They even come in dark colors so my messy ass doesn't honk a white shirt. 

I am particularly impressed with the miata shirt. I completely forgot I ordered it, let alone it glowed in the dark. And boy oh boy does it glow. It actually throws enough lumens off that I can almost read in the dark. It's fantastic. keep it up flyin miata, this shirt rules. 

Slippery (Forum Supporter)
Slippery (Forum Supporter) UberDork
1/31/21 12:03 p.m.

I thought the headlights had eyelashes

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
1/31/21 1:25 p.m.

We've been having a lot of fun with the shirts, glad you enjoy them! We're trying not to make them too heavily branded. This was a fun one. Travis did a great job.

I'm driving the car behind in the original picture and it was taken using the photo rig I documented in GRM a few years ago :)

Dieselboss15
Dieselboss15 Reader
2/1/21 11:03 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

you have a link to the documentation? would be really interested to read that.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
2/2/21 12:21 a.m.

Car selfie stick!

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/building-a-selfie-stick-for-cars/129772/page1/

And yes, between the time that I posted that thread and now Travis came to work with me at FM. That's the reason all our product photography and video got so much better all of a sudden two years ago :)

Vajingo
Vajingo Reader
2/3/21 1:11 a.m.

Hey, please sell that version of all the generations with just each generation in each pose. I would buy two today if the NC in different poses. 

BenB (Forum Supporter)
BenB (Forum Supporter) Reader
2/3/21 8:23 a.m.

That looks like a great way to accidentally go jousting with an expensive camera!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
2/3/21 10:29 a.m.
BenB (Forum Supporter) said:

That looks like a great way to accidentally go jousting with an expensive camera!

It's literally used at a walking pace. Usually the photographer is walking along beside it, triggering shots. These days, that's done with an iPad over a wireless connection but I've done shoots where the photog is actually hands on. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
2/3/21 10:29 a.m.
Vajingo said:

Hey, please sell that version of all the generations with just each generation in each pose. I would buy two today if the NC in different poses. 

If you mean our "tribe" shirt from a while back, you might like this month's. There will be an NC specific shirt. 

Vajingo
Vajingo Reader
2/3/21 12:14 p.m.

davidsmith07
davidsmith07 New Reader
1/16/24 1:42 a.m.

Absolutely loving my Flying Miata shirt – the perfect blend of style and comfort! The review was spot-on, capturing the essence of this quality apparel. Kudos to Cotton Connection for delivering such a fantastic product! For further details, please visit our website.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/16/24 4:29 a.m.

I still think you need to make that HABU patch I rendered years ago.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
1/16/24 10:08 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Now that the Habu project is behind us, I'm not sure it's applicable. :(

The "shirt" for this month is very GRM applicable, though: a shop apron! I wore one of mine to do some hands on training for some of the staff, and they realized how useful it was. So we decided to put them out there. Today is the last day to order!

https://flyinmiata.com/products/fm-shop-apron-preorder

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nXyFLwDclWIfrbeKUHm0KlrS5DtytE63Pnk7Kf0DA4DAYn1xnCHmAVuRyldvVkcc