nlevine
nlevine Reader
1/19/24 11:30 a.m.

In reply to EvanB :

Glad it all arrived safely. That Fram fuel filter was last used in my '71 BMW 2002 race car that I put into a wall and totaled in 1996. Somewhat vintage junk smiley

The sensor is a reference sensor form my 924s that fails when hot...

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/19/24 1:35 p.m.

Dneikirk
Dneikirk New Reader
1/19/24 5:34 p.m.

No more letting perfect be the enemy of good! 10 pounds of well-secured goodness is away to somewhere snowier, safer, more radiated, and with better pizza. Arrival anticipated on the 22nd. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/19/24 8:06 p.m.

they better not lose it there's good E36 M3 in the box

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
1/19/24 10:51 p.m.

Hey racetruckron!

When ya gonna open the other box?

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon SuperDork
1/19/24 11:58 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Hey, yeah, derp I opened it the other day but got sidetracked. Behold the Bonus Box. wvumtnbkr sent me a box last year and pulled a little oopsy daisy and sent me a box this year again on accident. I hope I didn't get anything that was super specific to the intended victim and ruin all of the fun.

Right off the rip there was this wonderful Trans Am staring at me. I couldn't help but to yell out "Eastbound and Down!" - strange looks from Mrs. Racetruck.  A little leather man, some 3D printed doodads, oil filters for cars I probably don't own and more abrasives!  With all of these flap wheels, cut offs and scotch brite pads I'm going to have to actually fabricate something this year for the first time in awhile.

You sure are persistent with these dang FC RX7 manuals Mr. mtnbkr. Do I need to own one of these?  Are magic doritos better or worse than GM oiling systems? It seems we both have bad luck with those judging by the two Saab engines and aluminum 5.3 in my shop and yet more broken GM V6 parts you've sent me.  Also a spring compressor, stickers, a flashlight/pen/screwdriver and some literature on electronically controlled fuel toilets.

Some sweet zipties that make a perfect loop, hotwheels of course, a valve stem remover with valve stems, some sort of upholstery tool?, some little Snap-on steering column tool and a twist beam torque screw driver - this is gonna be sweet for setting up optics on a couple pewpews I want to build this year.  Thanks for the high quality junk wvumtnbkr even if you didn't really me for it to come to me but it did anyways!  Bill, sign me up to send two boxes next year to make up for this.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
1/20/24 8:47 a.m.

The 3d printed oval, triangle, and red button go together to make a sort of rotary fidget device.  Dan the neighbor made all of the 3d printed stuff.

The hat is from 2 years ago national championship where we finished 5th overall.  I believe it says something like that on the back.

The "upholstery tool" I have no idea what that is.  Also from Dan iirc.

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek HalfDork
1/20/24 9:26 a.m.

The upholstery tool looks like a pair of exhaust hanger pliers. Used to remove those rubber hangers that hold mufflers to the car.

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
1/20/24 12:16 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Not sure how I got so lucky, but thank you!  Wasn't expecting the bonus, it's good to have good things to start the year with :)  Last year was a freaking roller coaster, so I'm enjoying the positivity vibes!  Here we go!  

For people like me that suck at art, this is a great idea!  Cut and paste, old school!

Dang, that's one fine Corvair!  Doesn't look angry at all laugh

oooo - cool!

Now to look in side :)

I got a metal box!  I got a metal box!  I got a metal box!!!!!!!!

An F1 ticket from Indy!  Cool!  Stickers, RockAuto magnets, speaker wire, grinding wheels - ooo!

Shakes the Clown VHS!  I'm going to have to fire up the VCR just to rewatch this laugh a ratchet strap, a custom Monzora emblem, a Monza center cap, a Lincoln Mercury division emblem, an exhaust hanger, a pack of Benihana matches, some rubber grommets, a speedometer assembly, and the world's smallest gear shift knob!  Thanks AngryCorvair!

And for anyone not familiar with Shakes the Clown:

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue Dork
1/20/24 12:19 p.m.

I feel very old. That "upholstery tool" is a drum brake spring tool!

Dneikirk
Dneikirk New Reader
1/20/24 12:32 p.m.
wvumtnbkr said:

The 3d printed oval, triangle, and red button go together to make a sort of rotary fidget device.  Dan the neighbor made all of the 3d printed stuff.

The "upholstery tool" I have no idea what that is.  Also from Dan iirc.

So that is a wankle rotary fidget. The carabiner is not for heavy loads. The tools were from an old auto tech program that got shut down in a building my school moved into. Everything they left behind was wild! Oil filters are for a BMW M54, and Toyota 2ZR-FE. 

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon SuperDork
1/20/24 5:00 p.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

ahhhh that makes much more sense. It kinda looked like some leatherworking tools I've seen before. If you make a wildly wrong guess here someone is bound to correct you.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
1/20/24 5:58 p.m.
RacetruckRon said:

In reply to DarkMonohue :

ahhhh that makes much more sense. It kinda looked like some leatherworking tools I've seen before. If you make a wildly wrong guess here someone is bound to correct you.

Unless it is those pointed sticks with offset balls.

1/20/24 8:20 p.m.

In reply to HoserRacing :

I'm super stoked that you (1) have seen Shakes before and (2) liked it enough to rewatch. I love that movie, but I no longer have a VCR.

the speedometer is from my parents' 1958 Chevy station wagon (in front of the 56 bel air):

MonZora emblem wasn't broken until I dropped it while packing the box. :-(

The louvers were trimmed from an early Corvair engine lid, when I cut and pasted (with the really hot glue gun) the louvered panels into MonZora's decklid.

and yes, that shift knob is friggin tiny! It almost ended up mounted to the dash in MonZora, as it's far too small to actually put on the shifter.

My paint pen was frozen. i wanted to write date / from / to on the inside of the lid, then you could do the same if you send it out for this coming NYG.

You were chosen at random to receive two boxes this year. I asked Hungary Bill if I could give but not receive, and that threw off the count.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) PowerDork
1/20/24 8:48 p.m.
wvumtnbkr said:

That's funny... I sent out one of those Wankel fidgets as well!

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
1/20/24 10:26 p.m.

Great idea with the paint pen, I'll do that!  The louvers are cool, loved them.   Trying to figure out something cool to do with that speedo, that is just too cool of a story!  Thank you!

preach
preach UltraDork
1/21/24 8:26 a.m.

Shakes is a great movie.

1/21/24 11:57 a.m.
java230
java230 PowerDork
1/22/24 11:29 a.m.

OK My box in en route (due today), so I can finally open mine! Thanks Florida Man!

Stickers, microfibers and hidden things!

Stickers and air freshener!

Fire blanket, filter screen? And 2 lug nuts

Some delicious smelling coffee and very well packaged goodies.

Delicous goodies! Cooling down now.

Awesome decorated sockets

NSX? Shift knob

Cookies!

All together!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/23/24 11:12 a.m.

I refuse to believe usps is ever getting a package to my recipient. 

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
1/23/24 11:26 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

We have documentation of FedEx recovering a lost delivery over in the guitar thread, and in my experience USPS is slightly better than fedex, so maybe not all hope is lost. 

On the off chance your recipient is me, I'm not too fussed. Also, I don't technically live at my mailing address so there will likely be a day or two delay between when my package arrives and when i know about it. 

Dneikirk
Dneikirk New Reader
1/23/24 11:29 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Mine showed up apparently!

psteav (Forum Supporter)
psteav (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
1/23/24 12:54 p.m.

Dammit.

I just got a notice that my package was returned to sender because of "no such number". 

Check my email, check the receipt, and sure enough I transposed two numbers in the address. 

To my victim/recipient, I'm sorry you're gonna have to wait a few more days.  My bad.

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
1/23/24 9:33 p.m.

Got my box!

Lets take a look:

Big velcro pads, Classic Motorsports glove box book, stickers, hot wheels car, plastic carabiner, computer video card, smell the glove t-shirt.

Champ Car hat, USB battery, nintento switch controller, lego figure, chemistry set supplies (iron and copper)

Big plastic nut and bolt that look 3D printed? Small 3D funnel?  Trans Am art piece.

Crimping tools, Mercedes tool roll, cutoff wheels and flap discs, zip ties, scotch brite pads 

36mm Socket (Wow!), hide a key case

GM light bulb, plastic brackets to hang stuff from? candy, energy drink I'm afraid to consume, metal case with glass vials, rod bearing.

Lots of useful stuff, thank you!

Dneikirk
Dneikirk New Reader
1/23/24 9:56 p.m.

In reply to Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) :

Glad it finally made it! I'll let Rob chime in with the legacy and engine deets, but the funnel is a trombone mouthpiece (I printed one for my nephew and made extra). The thing with 3 arms is to hang plastic bags on in back of car, and the others are to secure loose wires and led strips. Socket fits oil filter cap on M54 engine. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XUBwW3LXMZ5EogNHaia4nFK0Ipjsq07OORNoQB71SoQXsDXIrJ3SipQb25A5MXvT