yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/27/13 11:46 a.m.

In reply to M2Pilot: While hi point will honor your warranty, they will also have possession of your firearm for more time than you do. My advice on "cheap" guns is to buy quality over quantity. I've owned 2 hi point carbines, one was a warranty replacement for a cracked receiver on the first(less than 200rds)....they had it for 9 months. I sold the second one without firing it once.

I for one, learned my lesson.

btabacchi
btabacchi New Reader
1/27/13 4:37 p.m.

Apparently in MSN's world, guns kill vs a person with a gun.

stroker
stroker Dork
1/27/13 5:04 p.m.

I love customers:

I am becoming quite annoyed that I can't place an order without multiple items being on backorder or even unavailable with backorders not being accepted. The impact on shipping costs, percentage wise, is becoming unacceptable --- your self-promoting comments about service excellence notwithstanding.

Just once I'd like to respond:

I'm sorry, but we just experienced a month of sales at roughly 200 to 300 percent of what we projected. Our suppliers, depending on the product in question, may have received orders for what would typically be 3 years worth production in as many weeks. As our vendors have been unable to assure us of reliable delivery dates we've been forced to list products as No Backorder status. I apologize we weren't able to maintain our normal inventory levels under those circumstances. Berkeley you.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
1/27/13 5:34 p.m.
stroker wrote: may have received orders for what would typically be 3 years worth production in as many weeks.

tell the customers to print their own magazines.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
1/27/13 6:07 p.m.
stroker wrote: I love customers: I am becoming quite annoyed that I can't place an order without multiple items being on backorder or even unavailable with backorders not being accepted. The impact on shipping costs, percentage wise, is becoming unacceptable --- your self-promoting comments about service excellence notwithstanding. Just once I'd like to respond: I'm sorry, but we just experienced a month of sales at roughly 200 to 300 percent of what we projected. Our suppliers, depending on the product in question, may have received orders for what would typically be 3 years worth production in as many weeks. As our vendors have been unable to assure us of reliable delivery dates we've been forced to list products as No Backorder status. I apologize we weren't able to maintain our normal inventory levels under those circumstances. Berkeley you.

More than likely, they're only shopping at midway, and not the various companies sites. Midway and brownells have been the most responsive, hardly any info aside from an order confirmation and "please see our site for order lead times and shipping estimates" which basically say "we're in full panic mode and might not even tell you your stuff has shipped until it shows up at the door" from stag and rra

stroker
stroker Dork
1/27/13 9:51 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
stroker wrote: may have received orders for what would typically be 3 years worth production in as many weeks.

Then they'd bitch about the price of the printer and the fact they had to pay shipping.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/27/13 10:26 p.m.

In reply to stroker:

The sad thing is that is true.....they want E36 M3 now and can't figure out why its not there(these are the bottom of the barrel idiots)......I'd pay them no attention. BTW, happen to have any new m1 carbine mags? I WANT THEM YESTERDAY!!!!!!

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
1/27/13 10:53 p.m.
stroker wrote:
JoeyM wrote:
Then they'd bitch about the price of the printer and the fact they had to pay shipping.

Or some shiney happy congress critter will try to baaaaans thems!

If the printer has evil black ink in it....then it's doomed.

btabacchi
btabacchi New Reader
1/28/13 5:11 a.m.
RoadRaceDart wrote: Or some shiney happy congress critter will try to baaaaans thems!

One already is....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2013/01/16/congressman-says-hell-propose-ban-on-3d-printable-gun-magazines/

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
1/28/13 7:55 a.m.

I call for a ban on milling machines and lathes as they can be used in the manufacture of firearms.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
1/28/13 8:08 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: I call for a ban on milling machines and lathes as they can be used in the manufacture of firearms.

when milling machines are outlawed, only outlaws will have milling machines.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
1/28/13 8:19 a.m.

Our local FAA group must be a dangerous band of miscreants. They not only have milling equipment, they have a lathe, and welding stuff!!!!

GVX19
GVX19 Reader
1/28/13 9:44 a.m.

In reply to btabacchi: Okay. Lets ban the mag! But its okay that he has a full auto rifle. I think my tax money would be better spent on putting the guy in jail for the rifle and suppressor. Not banning the mag.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
1/28/13 9:52 a.m.
GVX19 wrote: In reply to btabacchi: Okay. Lets ban the mag! But its okay that he has a full auto rifle. I think my tax money would be better spent on putting the guy in jail for the rifle and suppressor. Not banning the mag.

and what makes you think that him having the rifle and suppressor are illegal?

rotard
rotard Dork
1/28/13 9:56 a.m.

I happen to like full auto rifles and suppressors. Good thing that not all of them are illegal.

barrowcadbury
barrowcadbury New Reader
1/28/13 10:03 a.m.
stroker wrote: I love customers: I am becoming quite annoyed that I can't place an order without multiple items being on backorder or even unavailable with backorders not being accepted. The impact on shipping costs, percentage wise, is becoming unacceptable --- your self-promoting comments about service excellence notwithstanding. Just once I'd like to respond: I'm sorry, but we just experienced a month of sales at roughly 200 to 300 percent of what we projected. Our suppliers, depending on the product in question, may have received orders for what would typically be 3 years worth production in as many weeks. As our vendors have been unable to assure us of reliable delivery dates we've been forced to list products as No Backorder status. I apologize we weren't able to maintain our normal inventory levels under those circumstances. Berkeley you.

Those people need to get a clue...

Seriously, you guys have had great service throughout all this. I ordered 1/2 case of the 5.56 you posted last Tuesday. I expected it to maybe ship out a week from my order date. It arrived at my doorstep 3 days later... that right there rivals Tire Rack's delivery times. Needless to say - I was impressed! Same story with other items I ordered through you folks - good, fast, communicative service.

GVX19
GVX19 Reader
1/28/13 10:29 a.m.

I don't know the guy, he may or may not have a lice. like I stated my tax money could be better spent. Finding out if he does. I'm not antigun and I don't think that having or not a suppressor contributes to gun deaths. Hell I think that a suppressor should be part of all guns there LOUD. Heck I went to get some ammo last week so I could qualify for my lance and could not get any. Every place I went to was sold out. That wont happen again

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/28/13 10:48 a.m.
Strizzo wrote:
GVX19 wrote: In reply to btabacchi: Okay. Lets ban the mag! But its okay that he has a full auto rifle. I think my tax money would be better spent on putting the guy in jail for the rifle and suppressor. Not banning the mag.

This is exactly the issue we are facing, people make off the wall comments without looking into things. Ignorance isn't an excuse.

Neither are illegal, there are lots of hoops to jump through. Conversely, it is illegal to attach a plastic bottle to the end of your .22LR or welding the firing pin to make a semi-automatic empty the magazine without any control over it. Its a whole different set of laws that hardly ever makes any sense.

WilberM3
WilberM3 Dork
1/28/13 6:21 p.m.
GVX19 wrote: I don't know the guy, he may or may not have a lice. like I stated my tax money could be better spent. Finding out if he does. I'm not antigun and I don't think that having or not a suppressor contributes to gun deaths. Hell I think that a suppressor should be part of all guns there LOUD. Heck I went to get some ammo last week so I could qualify for my lance and could not get any. Every place I went to was sold out. That wont happen again

is that a sigma? guy i work with just picked up one last weekend, cant wait to try it out

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
1/28/13 6:42 p.m.
yamaha wrote:
Strizzo wrote:
This is exactly the issue we are facing, people make off the wall comments without looking into things. Ignorance isn't an excuse. Neither are illegal, there are lots of hoops to jump through. Conversely, it is illegal to attach a plastic bottle to the end of your .22LR or welding the firing pin to make a semi-automatic empty the magazine without any control over it. Its a whole different set of laws that hardly ever makes any sense.

Been there, had the conversation with many people. People just assume select fire weapons(auto) and silencers are illegal. I tell them "if you have the money and patients to deal with the bureaucracy of the ATF, you can buy anything".

local silencers for sale

Class 3 weapons for sale in Texas

GVX19
GVX19 Reader
1/28/13 7:27 p.m.

In reply to WilberM3:Yes it is a Sigma 9mm. The only pistils I have fired a lot are Glocks and this Sigma. There is something about the way the Glock is made, cuts into my finger. I don't have that problem with the Sigma. It has a much better feel. I have fired nearly 1000 rounds. No jams yet. Cant say that for the last Glock. And I do like Glocks. Just out of my price range The trigger on the Sigma sucks if you don't work with your hands

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/28/13 7:36 p.m.

In reply to GVX19: You need to find somewhere that'll rent you a g18 at a range.......they are very fun

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
1/29/13 1:10 a.m.

interesting tech

http://www.guns.com/2013/01/28/nypd-testing-concealed-gun-detecting-cameras/

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/29/13 7:33 a.m.
JoeyM wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: HEY JOEY! LOOK HOW MUCH COD I'VE BEEN PLAYING! I made this today.
I shot a few rounds of 9mm through an ugly black rifle today. (Hi Point Carbine.) The owner was really nice; I let him shoot my mosin, I shot his black rifle, and fun was had by all. Sadly, it was dressed sort of like this: I would have liked it better if it had looked like this I wonder how true this is

My friend has a Hi-Point 9mm carbine and we have put several thousand rounds thru it without a single problem. I mean it isn't that accurate but it doesn't seem to ever jam or have any problems.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/29/13 8:17 a.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic:

I hear the Beretta 9mm carbine is much more accurate. The Hi-Point carbines aren't too bad.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dgnruPxrqvYL8iEL6aJZsvmaptnsRhlSmKxh2xwQXRKaJXIHnJosJFUVBrUk1OgT