Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
6/5/24 10:11 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Duke :

Those videos are more entertaining than they should be 

My wife asks - what are you watching on YouTube all the time?

Quiet, I'm watching a guy roll glass jars of stuff down concrete stairs.  Pickles, liquor, paint...

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
6/5/24 10:17 p.m.
Datsun240ZGuy said:

In reply to Duke :

Quiet, I'm watching a guy roll glass jars of stuff down concrete stairs.  Pickles, liquor, paint...

Wait until you find the guy that overvolts childrens' toys

Some of those things hang on even at 20v, usually they disassemble themselves before gears strip or motors let the smoke out.

It's extra fun when he has to start taping them down.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
6/6/24 9:32 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Datsun240ZGuy said:

In reply to Duke :

Wait until you find the guy that overvolts childrens' toys

Some of those things hang on even at 20v, usually they disassemble themselves before gears strip or motors let the smoke out.

It's extra fun when he has to start taping them down.

Those pop up on my Facebook feed once in a while, and they're always amusing. About 13 volts seems to be the sweet spot of amusement value.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
6/6/24 9:34 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
NickD said:

I've finally moved the supercharged Miata into the garage and started getting it running and fixing the oil leak that's haunted me for 2 and a half years, but now that I'm kind of wondering "Okay, once I fix it, where does this car go from here now that it's retired from racing?"

Wherever it is going, it will get there very quickly.

Yeah. I may take the Party Pulley off though. I was discussing it with my one friend and I was kind of leaning towards, getting the softest springs that 949Racing says will work with the Xidas, swap out the 15x9s and 'Kangs for 15x7s with Contis, yank off the rear wing, and find some way to quiet it down, and just have a quick street car.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
6/6/24 9:41 p.m.

Today I ran inside the house and pooped before the security cameras even pinged my phone to let me know that I had driven up the driveway. 

That has to be some kind of record. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/7/24 9:18 a.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

Today I ran inside the house and pooped before the security cameras even pinged my phone to let me know that I had driven up the driveway. 

I'm not sure if that says more about the speed of your bowels or the speed of your internet connection.

I am sure I don't really want to know the answer.

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
6/7/24 9:27 a.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
6/7/24 10:02 a.m.

I bought a swing-out hitch, and a hitch carrier for the van so we can take the paddleboards to the beach in July.

I could have designed and fabricated both, but I have truck stuff I want to do instead.

Then I complain about not having enough money to do truck stuff.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
6/8/24 2:05 p.m.

I feel like I need to put some sort of aftermarket exhaust on the MR2 Spyder for the sake of my license. It's so quiet and so smooth, and the tachometer is front and center with the speedometer tucked off to the left, that I find myself bombing along at 75mph in a 55 without realizing it.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/10/24 4:28 p.m.

I think it would be funny to buy this magazine collection and every time I have a doctor/dentist appointment, take one with me, and mix it in with their magazines in the waiting room

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
6/17/24 8:44 a.m.

I found $10 while emptying the dryer and take it as a sign that yes, I should go to Walmart and look for that blue BMW wagon Hybridmomentspass Needs.

*not gonna tell wife she lost $10

preach
preach UltraDork
6/20/24 4:59 a.m.

I went to one of my local auto repair places yesterday and anon paid $200 on my 18yo neighbors' $350 repair bill on his new to him 1973 Mercury Comet. nicest kid you'd ever meet.

Recon1342
Recon1342 UltraDork
6/20/24 10:56 a.m.

I am almost unreasonably excited about finding a manual transmission for my '76 Power Wagon project. 

Why? Because with a manual plus a twin-stick transfer case, I will have three shifters, and it will confuse normal people...

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/20/24 5:59 p.m.

I might have to give my kid up for adoption.

Those that know me ought to know I really don't care about ones life choices. Gay, straight, religious, non, ford, chevy, bmx, road, football, football, whatever. 

But my kid apparently prefers 5-8 club over Matt's. I'm not sure I can abide by that. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
6/21/24 9:03 a.m.

I had potato salad for breakfast. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/21/24 11:41 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

My wife makes German potato salad, with oil and vinegar dressing, which I always took for dinner on work days. When I had leftovers I would toss it in the frying pan and Cook it up like home fries for breakfast. Awesome 

preach
preach UltraDork
6/21/24 2:23 p.m.

Please tell me it had eggs and pickles in it...

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
6/21/24 3:38 p.m.

In reply to Peabody :

Homemade German potato salad rocks, I add a little dark mustard and some dill in to mine.  I hate the store bought kind.   Also, Preach you're either a genius or a freak with the pickles.  I'll try that on my next batch.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/21/24 4:11 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

Ours has dill, that's part of the dressing, but when we make it for Christmas dinner we also put (dill) pickles in it.

When I had it for dinner at work, which I did for about 15 years, I always had two hard boiled eggs with it and used them to dredge up some of the dressing. That should count.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/21/24 4:14 p.m.
preach said:

Please tell me it had eggs and pickles in it...

Sweet, or dill?

My sister uses her mother-in-law's "secret recipe" for coleslaw.

It has chopped up sweet pickles in it and it is berking disgusting.

She has, to my knowledge, never put 2 + 2 together about why we don't eat it.  She thinks we hate coleslaw.  In reality, we just don't like her coleslaw.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/21/24 4:28 p.m.

And speaking of breakfast... Today we had what we call an English breakfast that includes Potato scones, sausages, bacon, baked beans, fried tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms, eggs, and we threw in some fried kielbasa while we were at it. Stomach's a little funny, but I'm pretty sure it was the chicharone I made last night. We're on a health food kick, you know.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/23/24 4:14 p.m.

I really overdid it in the heat last week. I think it was 34C ( 93F) the day I decided to clear trail in a section we call the dark woods. There's several large ponds, and zero breeze, so it was hard work, stupid hot, and humid.  About half way through I was soaked, tired and weak in the knees, but persevered and got it done. I really wanted to ride after but barely had the energy to load up and go home. I continued this stupidity in the heat all week, and on Friday I was toast, but still went to the gym, though I got decent sleep and felt better Saturday. Not good, but better, but we had people over... So I cooked all day, and drank too many beers at night. I got up feeling like E36 M3 again this morning, did a little bit and was back in bed just after lunch. I'm feeling better now, not good, but better,  and thinking about loading up and going for a ride after dinner. I'm an idiot and I know it. And I'll probably still go riding.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/23/24 5:22 p.m.
preach said:

I went to one of my local auto repair places yesterday and anon paid $200 on my 18yo neighbors' $350 repair bill on his new to him 1973 Mercury Comet. nicest kid you'd ever meet.

Now THAT is berkin Legendary!

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
7/5/24 8:46 p.m.

I've spent a lot of time lately wishing nutella was more spreadable.  Today I realized it's not supposed to be refrigerated.  Problem solved.  I'm a dumbass.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/5/24 9:01 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Now I'm wondering what frozen Nutella would be like.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WPBSB2N8vficE20AMlI9G9ABfqoobEDQ1uR435gEhF6AWISpwEPwV5VlxPySdhAf