1 2 3
KATYB
KATYB HalfDork
5/9/12 3:18 p.m.

but first obama endorsed gay marriage. funny he waits till he is about be out of office to endorse it.

also Tom Gable of Against Me came out as transgender and intends to start her transition to female very soon.

that is all

-Kaitlyn

RX Reven'
RX Reven' HalfDork
5/9/12 3:24 p.m.

Meh, the way I see it all marriages are same sex…you get married and then it’s the same sex over and over.

KATYB
KATYB HalfDork
5/9/12 3:25 p.m.

In reply to RX Reven':

lol. u know ur right on that one. most of time. ill say in mine ours has changed drastically.

dculberson
dculberson Dork
5/9/12 3:40 p.m.

RX, that was pretty good.

I don't know if Obama is about to be out of office. I hope this position doesn't hurt him, because I agree with him. It's a constitutional issue, "equal protection" and all that. The majority shouldn't determine a person's rights, they should be protected no matter what the majority thinks. But as to Obama's tenure, it depends. Romney's not getting my vote, that's for sure. There are a lot of people that will vote "against Romney" and a lot that will vote "against Obama" so we'll see.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
5/9/12 3:43 p.m.

sorry.. I look at Romney and I think.. "this is the best the republicans can do?"

I personally see nothing wrong with gay and lesbians marrying. If they want to be as miserable as the rest of us.. so be it

Salanis
Salanis PowerDork
5/9/12 3:46 p.m.

The difference in LGBT stuff here in Germany has surprised me. In many ways they're much more progressive, and others... really not. It seems like people are much more out here, at least in Berlin. Much more common to see same-sex couples holding hands and such walking down the street. Also, seems more acceptable for men to dance together, at least at Tango. (Apparently there are queer tango dances. I had a cool lesbian gal invite me to check them out sometime.)

But they are still using a form of domestic-partnership for same sex couples (and I bet we'll beat them to legalizing marriage). And to legally change your gender, you have to be post-op.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x UltraDork
5/9/12 3:54 p.m.

Seems funny that conservatives are all "Government out of people's lives! Smaller less intrusive Government! RAH RAH!" When it comes down to women's rights or LGBT rights it's "The Government should inject itself in those people lives and ban whatever behavior I disagree with! The Government should be bigger and more oppressive!"

fritzsch
fritzsch Reader
5/9/12 3:56 p.m.

^ Yup.

It's freedom for everybody or freedom for nobody.

z31maniac
z31maniac UberDork
5/9/12 4:05 p.m.
Xceler8x wrote: Seems funny that conservatives are all "Government out of people's lives! Smaller less intrusive Government! RAH RAH!" When it comes down to women's rights or LGBT rights it's "The Government should inject itself in those people lives and ban whatever behavior I disagree with! The Government should be bigger and more oppressive!"

Hence those of us that are fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
5/9/12 4:10 p.m.

I care!

I have to wonder, Why now? But it is good news!

I think Romney would loose if the election were today, he has a lot of work to do if he wants to win.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit SuperDork
5/9/12 4:16 p.m.

Its about time.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
5/9/12 4:16 p.m.

I didn't know Obama endorsed gay marriage. That's great news. I did hear about Tom. I hear he will begin on hormones and they will actually be making an album while he does this. Should make the voice changes interesting.

Really I thought Obama would be endorsing a national CCW program first, since he has only supported gun rights since he has been in office.

I would support either one of those steps.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
5/9/12 4:20 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: sorry.. I look at Romney and I think.. "this is the best the republicans can do?"

Do you want to inherit a badly hurt economy and deficit? It will continue to decline for the next decade and every group in power will be blamed. When it is finally fixed, the group in power who happens to have taken over will be thanked for it. Why not take over then?

Salanis
Salanis PowerDork
5/9/12 4:20 p.m.

Question is, will he use his position to do anything about it? Article quoted him as saying something about believing in States' rights to decide the issue. Sounds like that might be a cop-out.

aircooled
aircooled UberDork
5/9/12 4:33 p.m.

Yes, interesting timing. Perhaps he is looking at what I think is a 60% (?) approval of gay marriage.

Then again, Bush made it clear he was against it in his debates... never did anything about it.

If he gets re-elected he might grow some and go after it, but probably not. This issue may become like guns, SS medicare etc. Everyone like to talk about doing something and talk about how the other guy is going to do something but no one ever commits to anything or actually does anything.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan SuperDork
5/9/12 4:38 p.m.

In another thread, someone suggested that civil-marriage should just be renamed entirely. Seems like a decent solution to me.

I doubt anything is going to happen with it, and I'm inclined to think the federal government has bigger fish to fry at this point.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
5/9/12 5:57 p.m.

nah.. it is all smoke and mirrors to hide the fact that nobody has a better plan than what we are doing now

RX Reven'
RX Reven' HalfDork
5/9/12 6:01 p.m.
Xceler8x wrote: Seems funny that conservatives are all "Government out of people's lives! Smaller less intrusive Government! RAH RAH!" When it comes down to women's rights or LGBT rights it's "The Government should inject itself in those people lives and ban whatever behavior I disagree with! The Government should be bigger and more oppressive!"

Hi Xceler8x,

As my tirades on this board clearly indicate, I’m way off to the right when it comes to fiscal conservatism.

However, I feel no compulsion to dictate what types of relationships consenting adults choose to enter. I’ll take it a step further and say that I consider it arrogant to even have an opinion…it simply isn’t anybody’s business.

Please note that z31manic holds the same position.

So, while we’re talking about stuff that’s funny, isn’t it funny that the same party that proclaims itself the champion of tolerance and the defender of individualism has so many constituents that are actually highly judgmental and are very prone to forming stereotyping.

“Look out, dem der conservatives want to tell you what you can do in bed”

Actually, the only thing I’ll ever do is come to your assistance should anyone else ever try to tell you what you can do.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 SuperDork
5/9/12 6:02 p.m.
aircooled wrote: Yes, interesting timing. Perhaps he is looking at what I think is a 60% (?) approval of gay marriage.

That'd be my guess. I beleve there was a recent poll- heard something about it on the radio. It said that for the first time, a majority of Americans support gay marriage. I think I heard it yesterday. Then I hear this today. Pretty easy math.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance HalfDork
5/9/12 6:15 p.m.
z31maniac wrote:
Hence those of us that are fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

Right there with ya. Don't oppress people that are different whether that is mentally, physically, or financially.

Toyman01
Toyman01 PowerDork
5/9/12 6:23 p.m.

File me with the really don't care. It's all politics at this point. Everything you hear for the next 7 months will be mostly BS, lies and all politics.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette HalfDork
5/9/12 6:34 p.m.

Here's what gets me. There is no mention of marriage in the Bible as between a man and a woman. The original Hebrew tells of Adam and he was given Eve. But, the Hebrew name for her is merely the feminine of the male name. Not wife, not husband. Simply a man and a woman hanging out having a good time until you know, the snake comes along. In translations later the term "wyf" was mistakenly used (the Celts can be thanked for this) which becomes "wife" later. So revisionists put the spin on the translation and use that to justify amendments proclaiming marriage between man and a woman. Get over it. Man/Man, Man/Woman, Woman/Woman. Whatever. Let 'em get married.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
5/9/12 6:35 p.m.
KATYB wrote: but first, obama endorsed gay marriage.

It is funnier with the comma

MG Bryan
MG Bryan SuperDork
5/9/12 6:41 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
KATYB wrote: butt first, obama endorsed gay marriage.
It is funnier with the comma
Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
5/9/12 6:46 p.m.

Let them eat cake! I support all marriages between two consenting adults, no matter race, creed, or sex. Tosh.0 had a berkeleying hilarious skit about it:

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-clips/it-gets-way-worse

NSFW

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
R64gGR0DK4A5wxlzveBi9AEpFLgdfzzR3xDIy58q9IJdRaU9AuSwIL4rPHq8VVF9