1 2 3
Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
5/5/22 5:20 p.m.
Duke said:
Datsun310Guy said:

In reply to Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) :

Does this desk shatting thing really happen?

Ask Johnny Depp.

Aaaaaahhhhhhh - I missed a golden opportunity except for the small detail that my current employer is turning into a customer in my new sales territory.  Dang - 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
5/5/22 8:36 p.m.
tb said:

I honestly think that the 1950s (?) Model where the "housewife" does everything in the home and the "breadwinner" never touches the dishes, laundry nor the children is incredibly dated and kinda toxic. Am I expected to be waiting at the door with her slippers and a Manhattan everyday, too? Everyone is entitled to the model that works for them, but we don't split things 50/50 and instead works towards trying to keep it 100+100 as much as possible...

However you decide to split up the workload, I advise that you keep open communication about how it is working for you both and are flexible about shifting responsibilities in the future. I rarely get anything right the first time, but oftentimes do learn from my mistakes...

I agree completely. 

I would note that full responsibility for the breadwinner role can be just as frustrating, demoralizing, and stressful. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FKDrDFMZaffcN5ZpyqN7IzAH2mfcIU2H7lLkP4pceoJ8GA0CWSHUwlf7ZvuKNRjj