1 2 3
914Driver
914Driver HalfDork
6/26/08 9:07 a.m.

Am I a stupid guy and can't answer or is the question about a stupid guy?

Both.

Shania Twain, nice looking, a butt you can bounce quarters off and enough money to maintain you and I in the lifestyle we would like to become accustomed to, has a meat head for a husband. This guy was doinking around with the secretary, no one to write home about for sure. I don't get it.

Is it the challenge of the chase?

Dan

stumpmj
stumpmj HalfDork
6/26/08 9:12 a.m.

I think it's the same reason people climb mountains; because it's there.

neon4891
neon4891 HalfDork
6/26/08 9:27 a.m.

And some how Charlie Sheen berkeleyed up and lost Denise Richerds, in the end, men are stupid, that is the only way I can describe it

pete240z
pete240z HalfDork
6/26/08 9:28 a.m.

yeah, no kidding.

You might have heard the story of Dolly Parton's husband. Low key guy and they have been married forever, often presents himself as the "hired" gardener to outsiders that stop by to get a glimpse.

Could you be the guy in the shadow of a successful star wife? Maybe she was never home?

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
6/26/08 9:30 a.m.

Her husband isn't soooo much in the shadow. He's a wildly successful producer. In fact, I'd say he pretty much made her career what it is. Prior to hooking up with him, she was just another pretty face who could sing a bit. No shortage of those in Nashville.

JFX001
JFX001 HalfDork
6/26/08 9:31 a.m.

The best one? Fisher Stevens (sp?)....he had Michelle Pfeiffer....and messed around with some teenage extra while shooting some TV show that maybe lasted a season.

Idiot.

Duke
Duke Dork
6/26/08 10:46 a.m.

I'm just sayin'.

bludroptop
bludroptop Dork
6/26/08 10:55 a.m.

I've wondered the same thing.

If you look like Billy Joel, and you're married to Christie Brinkley, what are you doing on the cheatin' side of town?

Never understood that one....

Salanis
Salanis Dork
6/26/08 10:59 a.m.

I'll forgive Charles, since it was an arranged marriage, and we know she was running around.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
6/26/08 11:05 a.m.
neon4891 wrote: And some how Charlie Sheen berkeleyed up and lost Denise Richerds, in the end, men are stupid, that is the only way I can describe it

I think DR is a nut case. Chuckles, problems and all, is WAY better off.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
6/26/08 11:18 a.m.
pete240z wrote: You might have heard the story of Dolly Parton's husband. Low key guy and they have been married forever, often presents himself as the "hired" gardener to outsiders that stop by to get a glimpse.

Why does Dolly Parton's husband wear a mustache?

To hide his stretch marks.

doitover
doitover New Reader
6/26/08 11:40 a.m.

Just because they are insanely attractive, it doesn't mean you are getting any. Throw in all the drinking/drugs and opportunity....

Nashco
Nashco Dork
6/26/08 12:02 p.m.
John Brown wrote:
neon4891 wrote: And some how Charlie Sheen berkeleyed up and lost Denise Richerds, in the end, men are stupid, that is the only way I can describe it

Ditto.

Also, as mentioned, just because somebody has a super hot spouse doesn't mean they're getting any. Not that this justifies cheating (particularly in a marriage) but it darn sure doesn't help matters. On the other hand, some people just aren't wired right...either being addicts and taking it wherever they can get it despite the consequences (references noted earlier in the thread) or the spouse going into a relationship with a loser that they know is no-good even when they can easily get just the best out there. Just not wired right in the head, I tell ya!

Bryce

jrw1621
jrw1621 New Reader
6/26/08 12:21 p.m.

For every woman (and likely man), no matter how beautiful she is, there is someone who is tired of putting up with her.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x Reader
6/26/08 12:30 p.m.
jrw1621 wrote: For every woman (and likely man), no matter how beautiful she is, there is someone who is tired of putting up with her.

+1

I've know some guys who dated some really, really hot pain in the arse women. They couldn't take it but for some long. It goes in the other direction too. Women to men.

joey48442
joey48442 Dork
6/29/08 9:59 a.m.
John Brown wrote:

Exactly! Have you seen her show? Same nose as Michael Jackson! For real!

Joey

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
6/29/08 10:32 a.m.

grass is always greener.... i guess

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
6/29/08 10:40 a.m.

In the same way a normal woman can get more attractive to you the longer you know her, a drop dead gorgeous one can get downright ugly.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
6/29/08 12:35 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: In the same way a normal woman can get more attractive to you the longer you know her, a drop dead gorgeous one can get downright ugly.

This very true, and then add a touch of manic depression and that grass over there starts looking very green..

Lesley
Lesley Dork
6/29/08 5:36 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: In the same way a normal woman can get more attractive to you the longer you know her, a drop dead gorgeous one can get downright ugly.

Yah. I must be the only girl I know who doesn't give a damn about Brad Pitt. I look at him, and all I see is a whole lotta work.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
6/29/08 8:39 p.m.

Two laws of the Universe that can never be broken: 1. Every reaction creates and equal and opposing reaction. 2. The more beautiful a woman is, the more goddamn insane she is...

M2Pilot
M2Pilot New Reader
6/29/08 9:55 p.m.

As Gary U.S. Bonds put it so well in 1963 or so, If you want to be happy for the rest of your life,never make a pretty woman your wife.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
6/30/08 5:37 a.m.
Lesley wrote: Yah. I must be the only girl I know who doesn't give a damn about Brad Pitt. I look at him, and all I see is a whole lotta WOMAN.

fixed it for you.

gweeb
gweeb New Reader
6/30/08 6:32 a.m.

Members post videos/photos of large-busted/scantily-clad women & think that's okay... At what point do you say you've gone over the line? Looking's ok? Talking about it is ok? Fantasizing about it is ok? Fantasizing about it in person is ok?

Shania's hubby just went a little farther.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
6/30/08 7:01 a.m.

Statistics say that men use prositutes to get the forms of sex that they cannot get at home. I thought that explained Hugh Grant straying on Elizabeth Hurley, but I have since spent a few weekends with Ms. Hurley and I can tell you that she is quite capable! Hugh was just an idoit.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FEabdbZa12xDDhXwRzmpZrwXxoBSiycgN8AOdVCHMWKdKTCYJHl3FhwZISEU0Y9d