DrBoost
DrBoost Reader
8/25/08 5:54 p.m.

I can't seem to find where PM's are hidden. Is there a secret handshake needed to find them? Can we get rid of this dang column to the right <----- PLEASE??? It's annoying as he!! When we want to revisit a thread we are watching, can we click on the "new posts" icon and go to the oldest new post like we use to? Can we make toilet paper my finger doesn't break through and give me a wicked case of stink-finger?

sorry, I have male P.M.S. today.

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo SuperDork
8/25/08 6:06 p.m.

No doubt!

PM's are sent directly to the e-mail addy that is registered in your profile. If you want to PM someone, click on their avatar and you should see it.

As to the column, we'll just leave that alone as the conversation has been done to death and I don't want Margie to come after me with a wood chipper, an auger and a concrete truck.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
8/25/08 6:10 p.m.

Hey, I'm just a simple patio girl... the rest were embellishments added by the other twists here.

And DrB, my father-in-law calls that "John Wayne toilet paper"--doesn't take sh*t off of anybody. (I guess the next-generation version would be "Chuck Norris TP.)

Margie

Josh
Josh Reader
8/25/08 7:31 p.m.

Quick, someone help him... HE'S TRAPPED INSIDE THE COMPUTER!!!1!

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
8/25/08 8:42 p.m.
I can't seem to find where PM's are hidden.

To send one, go to their profile. Clicking their avatar is probably the quickest way from here, but you can also get there through the "community" link, and about 30 other ways, depending on where you're at.

Can we get rid of this dang column to the right <----- PLEASE???

There's been a lot of discussion on it, but the short answer is no. It serves a lot of purposes.

When we want to revisit a thread we are watching, can we click on the "new posts" icon and go to the oldest new post like we use to?

If there's a star, there's new posts since your last visit. Clicking the star will attempt to take you to the first new one.

All this and more is in the FAQ. Link's up top.

minimac
minimac Dork
8/25/08 9:08 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: And DrB, my father-in-law calls that "John Wayne toilet paper"--doesn't take sh*t off of anybody. (I guess the next-generation version would be "Chuck Norris TP.) Margie

I thought it was Bob Costas TP.....always full of sh*t.

DrBoost
DrBoost Reader
8/26/08 8:45 a.m.

Ok, I meant the dang column to the LEFT. It serves to annoy us, it does that well! I've read the sticky, when I click the star it takes me to the last post, this isn't much better than taking me to the first post. Not to be a complainer but this new board is a pain in the butt! I know the whole column thing had it's rounds a few months ago but I didn't chime it because I wanted to give the new board time to grow on me. Well, it hasn't and I really don't like the new layout at all. Will I still come and post? Heck yeah, I've been here since the $1500 challenge and ain't going nowhere. I just figured GRM wouldn't go all GM on us "you don't like it, well, we're leaving it that way and you'll like it, like it or not."

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LrZPvNtYukx69iGquY8PriAjJi7jE6YtIpUU773kh1HLwBA6KO6E4niIfdhyPGIo