1 2 3
Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
9/4/08 3:38 p.m.

Let's try to lay off the chest-thumping political rhetoric for a while. Not every thread has to devolve into a tirade about being red or blue. There are more than two ways to look at the world and I'm getting downright tired of hearing people pigeonholed into one camp or the other.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
9/4/08 3:42 p.m.

Thank YOU!

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
9/4/08 3:42 p.m.

Thank you. I tried with the hot wings and horror flicks, and I'm not typically a thread-starter.

aircooled
aircooled Dork
9/4/08 3:44 p.m.

Commie!

But no I really do agree, I honestly don't understand how people allow themselves to get so polarized...

...uh, oh, this could pretty much go down the same path...

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
9/4/08 3:51 p.m.

Threads don't have to devolve?

poopshovel, I'll split the beer and wings.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
9/4/08 3:56 p.m.
Jensenman wrote: Threads don't have to devolve? poopshovel, I'll split the beer and wings.

I'm told I make pretty badass hot wings. I boil 'em first to get rid of the fat and nasties, throw them on the grill to get crispy and thoroughly cooked (IMO, wings from 9/10 places are undercooked,) baste them lightly in butter toward the end, then toss them in sauce, chopped garlic, and the remaining butter (trust me.)

You really should swing by next time you're in the Murphy area. We're not far away. You're welcome to any and all of the 140 beers that were left over from our party a couple weeks ago. The vodka and whiskey are mine.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
9/4/08 3:58 p.m.

What kind of beer? We can argue about that, can't we?

GregTivo
GregTivo Reader
9/4/08 3:59 p.m.

Tell the media to come up with more bipartison news (like stories about skydiving grandmothers)

oh, and just in case anyone is wondering, I'm purple

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
9/4/08 3:59 p.m.

Okay, that's got beer and wings covered. Who's getting the strippers?

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
9/4/08 4:01 p.m.

Why, are we doing a Europa?

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
9/4/08 4:04 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: What kind of beer?

You really shouldn't have to ask.

mtn
mtn Dork
9/4/08 4:05 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
Dr. Hess wrote: What kind of beer?
You really shouldn't have to ask.

Free Beer, duh

16vCorey
16vCorey Dork
9/4/08 4:06 p.m.

Berkeley the beer, what kind of whiskey? Ah, who am I kidding, I'll chug Ten High. I think the Westside crew has the strippers taken care of.

walterj
walterj HalfDork
9/4/08 4:14 p.m.

Nice try pal... but that pandering tone is what brought this country to its knees. All threads must devolve into feces-throwing deathmatches or the terrorists win.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
9/4/08 4:16 p.m.

You guys should look into the green party... you are all berkeleying idiots just like them!

I love this board.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
9/4/08 4:21 p.m.
16vCorey wrote: Berkeley the beer, what kind of whiskey? Ah, who am I kidding, I'll chug Ten High. I think the Westside crew has the strippers taken care of.

I was never a whiskey snob until I tried JD Single Barrell. Oh mama. I'm touching myself right now. But, reverting to cheap-bastardness, the Evan Williams single barrell is significantly cheaper, and good enough for me, though only on special occasions. Otherwise good 'ole $20 per 66 ounces of Smirnoff, and 59 cent (they used to be 47 cents, but I swear to God I've single handedly driven up the cost at our local store) 2 litre bottles of Kroger brand tonic water are is my staple E36 M3.

P71
P71 Reader
9/4/08 4:28 p.m.

Hey I started threads about bodywork repair on the cheap, Rally car goodness, and engine noises turning women on!

The only side I took was Bronze, and that was a wheel color choice!

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo SuperDork
9/4/08 4:38 p.m.

Yep and you also got into a pissing match over Ford 2.3 Turbo's, so your other threads just about make up for that mess.

BTW, do you know of any 1st-gen dark color RX-7's that might have been rolling down I-205 near Powell last night? Looked like it had a deep spoiler, etc I would have honked and waved, but they were crawling in the right lane, so I had to blow by in my CSX.

Duke
Duke Dork
9/4/08 4:47 p.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: Let's try to lay off the chest-thumping political rhetoric for a while. Not every thread has to devolve into a tirade about being red or blue.

I'm purple.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/4/08 4:49 p.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: Not every thread has to devolve into a tirade about being red or blue.

Some need to devolve into tirades about RWD vs. FWD.

mtn
mtn Dork
9/4/08 4:53 p.m.

RWD FTW!

alfadriver
alfadriver Reader
9/4/08 5:26 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: What kind of beer? We can argue about that, can't we?

Can I bring wine? I've got a bunch I made...

E-

P71
P71 Reader
9/4/08 5:56 p.m.
fiat22turbo wrote: Yep and you also got into a pissing match over Ford 2.3 Turbo's, so your other threads just about make up for that mess. BTW, do you know of any 1st-gen dark color RX-7's that might have been rolling down I-205 near Powell last night? Looked like it had a deep spoiler, etc I would have honked and waved, but they were crawling in the right lane, so I had to blow by in my CSX.

I try to stay out of those messes but I haz stalkers.

I don't know any of the 1st Gens in the area except for mine because none of them race. Plenty of FC's and FD's at the autocrosses and drags though.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
9/4/08 6:07 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
16vCorey wrote: Berkeley the beer, what kind of whiskey? Ah, who am I kidding, I'll chug Ten High. I think the Westside crew has the strippers taken care of.
I was never a whiskey snob until I tried JD Single Barrell. Oh mama. I'm touching myself right now. But, reverting to cheap-bastardness, the Evan Williams single barrell is significantly cheaper, and good enough for me, though only on special occasions. Otherwise good 'ole $20 per 66 ounces of Smirnoff, and 59 cent (they used to be 47 cents, but I swear to God I've single handedly driven up the cost at our local store) 2 litre bottles of Kroger brand tonic water are is my staple E36 M3.

I just bought a bottle of Highland Park Scotch(a graduation present to me from me)..... WOW. you bring wings.. I bring scotch. Though at $50 a bottle.. I won't be bringing much.

Type Q
Type Q Reader
9/4/08 6:17 p.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: Let's try to lay off the chest-thumping political rhetoric for a while. Not every thread has to devolve into a tirade about being red or blue. There are more than two ways to look at the world and I'm getting downright tired of hearing people pigeonholed into one camp or the other.

They started it!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fY6c76uTOXGCy7atHTlQWLHOqrF3XOSqTJGu7n3cFT0qiJm4AwAVoM5i9onW4DWp