1 2 3 4 5
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair UltimaDork
10/3/16 3:53 p.m.

In reply to MulletTruck:

Are you suggesting that Caitlyn isn't good to go?

GTXVette
GTXVette Reader
10/3/16 3:57 p.m.

LOL

Stampie
Stampie Dork
10/3/16 4:01 p.m.
MulletTruck wrote: Im thinkin a Pickup should have the bed and cab divorced from eachother. If the title lists it as a Pickup it should be good to go otherwise it would be more of a Caitlyn Class.

My 2002 Infiniti Crew Cab pickup would have a divorced bed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperDork
10/3/16 4:35 p.m.

How about this for a definition of pickup; it must be able to:

A- Carry an upright beer keg in the bed

and

B- Not allow said beer into the interior if the keg is tapped

This guarantees a separated and uncovered bed and is testable

MulletTruck
MulletTruck New Reader
10/3/16 4:44 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: In reply to MulletTruck: Are you suggesting that Caitlyn isn't good to go?

Probably if they are into that sort of thing, Its still false advertising to me

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/3/16 4:58 p.m.
MulletTruck wrote: Im thinkin a Pickup should have the bed and cab divorced from eachother. If the title lists it as a Pickup it should be good to go otherwise it would be more of a Caitlyn Class.

Nope. Sorry I can't agree with the divorced cab definition:

As Stampie has noted, it really doesn't matter what we think. The definition has already been defined without definition. We shall abuse it as we see fit.

tb
tb HalfDork
10/3/16 5:25 p.m.

The wife has already nixed the idea of adding a pickup to the fleet and I don't really want one enough to argue about. I like the "special" class idea but this is another one that just dosnot fit my lifestyle.

I do, however, often enjoy the logical gymnastics that some people employ to justify something that is just completely false... especially when successful!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
10/3/16 6:59 p.m.

If anyone wants a teammate with extensive s10 experience, I'm down.

I've been building an awd, 5 speed, turbo northstar powered 88 in my head for years. Already explored the limit of the 2wd trucks....

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UberDork
10/3/16 7:59 p.m.

I'll be looking for a Red Bull MINI Cooper.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
10/3/16 8:07 p.m.

A ute is most definitely a pickup, including a Rampage, Ranchero, El Camino or many other unibody vehicles

Pat
Pat HalfDork
10/3/16 8:13 p.m.

In.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/3/16 8:14 p.m.

Aussie steve has to enter a ute complete with a southern cross flag...

tb
tb HalfDork
10/3/16 8:14 p.m.
Pat wrote: In.

Yeah, kinda figured this would happen... Making space for your trophy already?

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/3/16 8:15 p.m.

For some reason i see pat entering a rampage...

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/3/16 8:22 p.m.

Already have a truck for the parking lot build engine and transmission...

A little creative fabrication allowed me to mount the back seat i had from a g20...

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel Dork
10/3/16 8:33 p.m.

I really really hope Tuna could get his truck ready. Just for the awesomeness...

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
10/3/16 8:34 p.m.
Mad_Ratel wrote: I really really hope Tuna could get his truck ready. Just for the awesomeness...

I'll find the time for work days.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
10/3/16 8:40 p.m.

Tempting...

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Associate Editor
10/3/16 8:46 p.m.

Derick, please please please come get the Rodeo this week. Ed and I are already debating sawzall vs. cutoff wheel vs. plasma cutter for the "conversion."

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/3/16 8:47 p.m.
Pat wrote: In.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
10/3/16 8:53 p.m.

Damnit... did one of you read my mind? I was just thinking of a Challenge car based on a pick-up. Even found a starter on CL... just lack time and space.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
10/3/16 9:16 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wrote: How about this for a definition of pickup; it must be able to: A- Carry an upright beer keg in the bed and B- Not allow said beer into the interior if the keg is tapped This guarantees a separated and uncovered bed and is testable

You're actually on to something there. A standard "object" could be easily devised that the "truck" would have to be able to accommodate and contain to some minimum standards. So, the flatbed Miata might not have met the criteria, but if they had added more bed structure to further "truckify" it it's cool.

Stampie
Stampie Dork
10/3/16 9:23 p.m.

I really am fighting between pointing out loopholes and saving my thoughts so that I can exploit them myself.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/3/16 9:34 p.m.

If someone enjoying exploiting a loophole gets them to come to the challenge the class is a success! I say let the loopholes stand and see what this batch of loons comes up with.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
10/3/16 9:43 p.m.

How about a minimum bed length of 3'?

Will my Q45 ute also be in the running for aristocrat class? Extra bonus points if I can keep it street legal and drive it to the event?

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OeplPOiTOOf04uYrp75sYG1rWwW0V8ZQcGbAm6LTL8kbbX2yRjZjzVnb6Q2wgggZ