carrotsnax
carrotsnax New Reader
8/5/09 9:33 p.m.

Hey guys the car that I am planning to bring to the challenge already has some modifications. Do I need to count these toward my budget? lowering springs, exhaust? I looked over the rules but I wanted a confirmed response from a previous challenger.

EDIT: Also can you claim trades? For instance I have parts that I traded off for parts that I needed?

Thanks fellas.

Brian

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
8/5/09 9:37 p.m.

We need more info. Did you buy the car with the mods? If so whatever you paid for the car is what you budget.

carrotsnax
carrotsnax New Reader
8/5/09 9:40 p.m.

In reply to MrJoshua:

Yes I purchased the car with the mods. Thanks much!

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
8/5/09 10:00 p.m.

Document that purchase in some way and you are set! So whatcha bringing?

carrotsnax
carrotsnax New Reader
8/5/09 10:09 p.m.

well if things work out I will be bringing my new dd, 2002 Protege. My partner bailed on me for the challenge this year. We were building a 2001 Mazda protege with a 2.5 turbo V6 swap. That fell through and he wasn't able to complete the project with me. So that's the plan.

kcbhiw
kcbhiw Reader
8/8/09 1:55 a.m.
carrotsnax wrote: well if things work out I will be bringing my new dd, 2002 Protege. My partner bailed on me for the challenge this year. We were building a 2001 Mazda protege with a 2.5 turbo V6 swap. That fell through and he wasn't able to complete the project with me. So that's the plan.

I hope to see it there! That'd be a sweet build.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7iRJim08okh8qwth2U9XNAqVJtaRbxSl6fBauKhhpNqAgWBpxhEvj02oEVY4CvfE