2 3 4
JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
6/5/13 10:14 p.m.
pres589 wrote: My old 88 626 turbo; so much passenger & trunk space in a small external package. Awesome seats. Good on gas and still felt very quick. I still benchmark other cars against it and they all somehow lose.

I've yet to meet anyone who, having spent enough time with one of these to get familiar, disliked it.

If ever you happen across one of the handful of 626s of the previous generation (GC) left in the US that is in good shape - try it. They have the same practicality and equally good seats, but are more light-of-touch and zen-like in connectedness.

Onetrillionrpm
Onetrillionrpm New Reader
6/5/13 10:15 p.m.

Porsche 928 Lancia delta Ferrari f40 Lamborghini Miura

What am I saying? Jaguar D type Hands down.

kanaric
kanaric Reader
6/6/13 3:43 a.m.

I didn't really care much about cars for a while then my mom bought a 95 Talon TSI AWD manual that they let me use to learn on for my license. Was a very fun car.

I was going to inherit it in 2000 but it died. That car pretty much solidified me as a car nut. It only had 60k miles at the time i don't recall what killed it. Once I got money I bought a 350z, which I gradually grew to dislike. It felt like a very fat and ponderous car in compairson. The WRX I have now I bought because it was the closest in a new car that felt like that first car I learned on that I could afford.

I would actually like to buy a DSM but it would be too redundant with my current car.

90-93 Celica AllTrac. Perfect interior for me, timeless and flawless exterior syling, unbreakable drivetrain, and an extremely strong motor. What's not to like?

I didn't know this car existed until a few years ago, never seen one. They must be incredibly rare. 1st or 2nd gen are great IMO. The 2nd gen I see for sale occasionally.

The 2nd gen almost reminds me of a DSM but 1000 times cooler.

Mr_Estrotica
Mr_Estrotica New Reader
6/6/13 9:13 p.m.

The first car I ever legally drove was a '76 or so Alfa Spider that my old man had hottened up a bit. It spent its entire life in North Idaho and was a horrid rust bucket, but it was quick enough for a 15 year old me. It pretty much cemented the Italian and roofless thing for me.

Vigo
Vigo UltraDork
6/6/13 10:43 p.m.
The 2nd gen almost reminds me of a DSM but 1000 times cooler.

I'd say only 3x cooler but 1000x more rare.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
6/7/13 10:17 a.m.

There's probably over a thousand in the US, but the people that have them, usually don't get rid of them.

I'm going to be real masochistic and hold out for a 92-93 when i get mine. There were 281 92s imported to the US, and 81 93s.

Yep. I'm gonna make it count.

yamaha
yamaha UberDork
6/7/13 10:27 a.m.

FML, I misread the beginning

SHO Taurus, my parents had a '96 V8 when I was a kid, and thus my obsession began. I still miss my '98, but I still prefer the older v6 manual ones. Those really are a wolf in sheeps clothing. Probably why I've owned at least one over the last decade....

S10's - I owned two, the econo special(2.2L/5sp) and probably the rarest of them(4.3L/5sp/zq8/lsd), but no other options Both were unreliable at best.....the 2.2L one consumed transmissions and a rear end in the 82k I owned it. The 4.3L one was a victim of the deathcool issue, so an engine and a rear end(This one was my fault) Either way, I'll never own one again.

87 T/A......IDK wtf I was thinking, but it made me ask "Why do people like these?"

Ion Redline......First encounter was at a stoplight, with my reaction being "Who was stupid enough to supercharge one of these?!?!?" I ended up owning one for 3 years, I'll probably buy another too. Better handling than the srt4 for sure, and oddly enough, a better built car.

Old things......I have 2 "classics" now, but for some reason, I prefer older things over newer things.....

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dW7v68RzBzWsbU22UtgagHzzHxVR0vRflCccqyKOryXhWm5qGxkc7NwIjW7xJVAi