z31maniac
z31maniac HalfDork
9/26/08 9:02 a.m.

I wanted to see if I'm interpreting the DSP engine modification rules correctly.

"Carburetors, fuel injection, and intake manifolds are unrestricted, subject to 15.10.D. Alternate throttle linkage and connections to facilitate installation of allowed induction systems are permitted, but may serve no other purpose. If an induction system item is allowed to be removed and its original mounting bracket can be removed by simply unbolting it, the bracket may be re-moved as well."

So could I do one of the common E30 mods, of the larger M30 AFM and upgraded injectors? Because it allows the changing of carburetors, could I also do a big bore throttle body? Seems I could also port match the intake?

I realize improving my driving skills will reap much more return than 5-10 HP, but now that the interior is back in the car is feeling a bit sluggish and I'd like to get some more oomph.

kcbhiw
kcbhiw Reader
9/26/08 9:17 a.m.

Yes. In Street Prepared, everything on the intake and exhaust side of the engine is pretty much open for NA cars. Injectors can be changed. The air meter can be changed or removed. The ports on the head can be matched up to, I beleive, an inch into the head.

z31maniac
z31maniac HalfDork
9/26/08 9:21 a.m.

Awesome. I'm hoping to get the car ready by the spring for my local DSP street tire class.

SupraWes
SupraWes HalfDork
9/26/08 3:53 p.m.

Yes all legal, you can get as crazy as you want all the way up to 1" into the cylinder head. You could bolt on ITB's and a standalone if ya wanted.

z31maniac
z31maniac HalfDork
9/26/08 5:40 p.m.

Interesting and good to know.

Although money for ITB's would be better spent on hairdryer's or 24 valves.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
u8UxryFtCGh3ghNLu81IAXWC6saM1PAbgpFIkxRwqlnEK8MLPBKvFqt6zxT0JXdy