9 10 11
Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
11/30/11 8:39 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
Maroon92 wrote:
aussiesmg wrote: Ooooh, aaahhh, sweeet. One more year of Mark Webber too top it off.
At least one more year. Nobody is saying how long his contract extension was...
Most agree it's only one year (Thank imaginary guy in the sky of choice for that). After that one of the 10 million other Red Bull drivers will move up from Toro Rosso or GP2, GP3 etc. His days are numberd

Would YOU replace Mark Webber with Jaime Alguersuari or Sebastian Buemi? I wouldn't...and it doesn't seem like they have many other tantalizing options in the "red bull driver development program". Yeah, it worked with Vettel, but it seems to have failed since then.

Sorry, but Red Bull is a big team now, not a team that hires developing drivers.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Dork
11/30/11 8:44 a.m.
Maroon92 wrote: Sorry, but Red Bull is a big team now, not a team that hires developing drivers.

I would say that both Vettel and HAmmy were developing drivers when they were signed by Red Bull and McMerc.

Also what about Jean-Eric Vergne? A lot of people think he's being groomed to move up to STR if one of those replace the Convict.

z31maniac
z31maniac SuperDork
11/30/11 8:59 a.m.

^Yep, his times (granted in teh best car) weren't too far off of what they should have been.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
11/30/11 11:00 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
Maroon92 wrote: Sorry, but Red Bull is a big team now, not a team that hires developing drivers.
I would say that both Vettel and HAmmy were developing drivers when they were signed by Red Bull and McMerc. Also what about Jean-Eric Vergne? A lot of people think he's being groomed to move up to STR if one of those replace the Convict.

Even in their premier years with their current respective teams Vettel and Hamilton were capable of both victories, and contending for the driver's championship.

I would not say the same thing of either Toro Rosso driver. Then again, I have been proven wrong before.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
11/30/11 1:21 p.m.

I had hopes for young Daniel Ricciardo, but I suspect he's not coming along fast enough in 2011 for the powers that be, even though that car he is in is a total pos.

However I would volunteer to garage it for them anytime.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
11/30/11 1:28 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: I had hopes for young Daniel Ricciardo, but I suspect he's not coming along fast enough in 2011 for the powers that be, even though that car he is in is a total pos. However I would volunteer to garage it for them anytime.

Ricciardo is supposedly moving to Caterham F1 for 2012... Seriously, doesn't anyone read my blog?

Honestly, I don't have much feeling either way about him. He isn't working the F1 press machine very hard, and that is important to success in the sport.

nderwater
nderwater SuperDork
11/30/11 1:40 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote: Ricciardo is supposedly moving to Caterham F1 for 2012... Seriously, doesn't anyone read my blog?

lol. maybe you should add it to your sig or something

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
11/30/11 1:57 p.m.
nderwater wrote:
Maroon92 wrote: Ricciardo is supposedly moving to Caterham F1 for 2012... Seriously, doesn't anyone read my blog?
lol. maybe you should add it to your sig or something

Good idea...

nderwater
nderwater SuperDork
12/14/11 3:44 p.m.

Technically this is re: F1 2012, but I hesitate to start a new thread.

Under "Changes to the 2012 Sporting Regulations" is this gem: "Drivers may no longer move back onto the racing line having moved off it to defend a position."

I'm short on personal w2w racing experience, but this seems to be pretty overbearing. I can't imagine a rule like this one in being implemented in other pro-level series. What about you?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
12/14/11 5:41 p.m.

They are taking the fun out of racing, whatever happened to fighting for position, forcing the error and gentlemen racers.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
12/14/11 5:43 p.m.
nderwater wrote: Technically this is re: F1 2012, but I hesitate to start a new thread. Under "Changes to the 2012 Sporting Regulations" is this gem: "Drivers may no longer move back onto the racing line having moved off it to defend a position." I'm short on personal w2w racing experience, but this seems to be pretty overbearing. I can't imagine a rule like this one in being implemented in other pro-level series. What about you?

It is essentially a clarification of an existing rule. You can zig, but you had better not zag.

It's significantly less severe than IndyCar's Don't even think about zigging or zagging. You are not allowed to take a defensive line into a corner! To the point that if you do, we will take several positions away. (RE: Helio at the start of this year.)

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
12/14/11 5:52 p.m.

To be known as the: Schumacher Kneejerk.

alfadriver
alfadriver SuperDork
12/14/11 6:40 p.m.

Yea, I read that as a clarification of "you are allowed one move, and that's it."

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
12/14/11 6:43 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: To be known as the: Schumacher Kneejerk.

Quoted for truth.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
12/14/11 8:20 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: They are taking the fun out of racing, whatever happened to fighting for position, forcing the error and gentlemen racers.

The BTCC lives on in all it's fender-braking glory. I am watching Tivo of week 2 at Donnington right now.

9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nclotFEmItBrdFpGosENty2lGpDNuYCPUEsR0ROrjoCv0BEPU7k4FcreRZMACNRj