1 2 3
NOT A TA
NOT A TA UltraDork
2/3/22 12:16 p.m.

4th mailbox in 15 years (on ground behind car) , this time they couldn't drive away. No license etc. and paid cash for damages. Other times the box was destroyed there were skid marks across the driveway, street is perfectly straight.

[URL=https://app.photobucket.com/u/NOTATA/a/83944394-df08-49c6-b28a-2b3db87696e7/p/dc8a8a6c-3995-4675-8108-709918eeebca][/URL]

BlindPirate
BlindPirate Reader
2/3/22 7:59 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:
Appleseed said:

Because its not your property if the mailbox is out by the street. Thats the right of way, and it belongs to the city/county/state. I guarantee if it came down to lawyers, that would definitely come up. Unfortunately.

Your mailbox isn't ever considered your property once it's installed, it's considered federal property believe it or not.

My mailbox was along my lane, three car lengths in. Then the postmaster said I had to move it by the road to speed up the route or they wouldn't deliver. They even put a flag to show me where I had to set it. After a few months the mailman went back to turning around in the drive anyway

bigeyedfish
bigeyedfish Reader
2/4/22 8:41 a.m.

Ours got hit a couple years ago during a snowstorm.  Losing the mailbox was a bummer, but the really E36 M3ty part was that the car smashed into the earth berm on the other side of the driveway and took a really big cut out of it.  I was out of town for work, and when I got back, the ground was frozen.  We went a couple months with a huge chunk of dirt missing from our front yard, which didn't hurt anything, but it was an eyesore.

I remember thinking, "I wish they would have left a note or something."  Not sure where they would have put it though.  The mailbox was demolished, and the house is a pretty long walk from the road.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JnhEco2723PAVuvnKvFWaxfI8nMY7gCWrpgmBIk71r4QN21cXWPOxpfpegeu4n2b