1 2 3
AverageH
AverageH New Reader
11/16/13 1:24 a.m.
Vigo wrote: I think your definition of "totally" different is a little off. What you're describing is about the same difference between a 2wd Cherokee and a 4wd Cherokee. Are they totally different? For the record, i think the Patriot is a perfectly decent vehicle with some real untapped potential. I like it better than a Liberty, or even a JK for that matter. But it really is pretty much a Caliber with jeep styling and a 4wd system.

Hmm... well I do understand what you're saying, but I think the Jeep Compass would be considered more similar to the Caliber more than anything. I will state though that what I desired was AWD with 4 wheel drive and off-road capability, which in MY MIND, has nothing to do with the Caliber and makes it a totally different vehicle. I doubt anyone looking for an affordable off-roader with lots of off-road extras is cross shopping with the Caliber, which is from my understanding a bland front-drive car. they are different segments of buyers. That to me makes my "totally different" valid.

Same platform... yeah, I get it. It's not like an Audi R8 and a Lambo Gallardo though that share the same platform, and are still designed to have the same result in the end (supa fast supa cars) and attract the same segment.

Sorry to thread jack this.

-Hamid

kanaric
kanaric Reader
11/16/13 11:39 a.m.
oldeskewltoy wrote: Add 20V...

what a weird looking car, what is this

Tom1200
Tom1200 New Reader
11/17/13 12:43 p.m.

As a Yamaha guy the 20v engine is a plus, I'm assuming that is a non USA version of some Cressida like model.

Tom

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
11/17/13 2:50 p.m.
kanaric wrote:
oldeskewltoy wrote: Add 20V...
what a weird looking car, what is this
Tom1200 wrote: As a Yamaha guy the 20v engine is a plus, I'm assuming that is a non USA version of some Cressida like model. Tom

1988-1992 Toyota Corolla All-Trac wagon. Originally fitted with a 4AFE engine. 4AGE engine, and yes with a few careful mods to the AWD system, even a 4AGZE could be fitted.

The one pictured does have some none US parts.... (hood and lower bumper cover)

For those in the Toyota family, this Corolla is fitted with an "E" series gearbox...

so fitment of an "S" engine would also be a potential swap

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Vj7BKLkZi2FD85utaRBCgnff1snVjSYogvaEd68y2q1X93JFBVwQiB7VSfREZsJf