1 2 3
Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
4/17/14 10:11 a.m.

Gasoline powered cars have caught fire spontaneously every berkeleying day. No production Tesla has ever caught fire spontaneously. I love Jags, but I'd much rather have the Tesla than the Jag.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
4/17/14 12:26 p.m.

They also made a big stink over the "explosion" that the one Tesla did in mexico. It was more of a "pop" than an explosion as one of the battery cells erupted from the heat

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Reader
4/17/14 1:22 p.m.

More people need to buy electric cars before all the crude oil is burned up and the world is a several degrees hotter because of it.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
4/17/14 1:30 p.m.

You'll have global warming problems long before the oil runs out.

Unless it's just an international conspiracy among all the world's scientists, in collusion with those pesky laws of thermodynamics

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UltraDork
4/17/14 1:54 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: You'll have global warming problems long before the oil runs out. Unless it's just an international conspiracy among all the world's scientists, in collusion with those pesky laws of thermodynamics

Yea, those damn volcanos get ya everytime eh? Stupid planet!

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
4/17/14 3:15 p.m.

To me, fun and electric seem to be an oxymoron. Half on the enjoyment I get from an automobile comes from the sound and feel of the internal combustion engine to lose that would basically kill my interest in cars.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
4/17/14 3:34 p.m.

electric is one of those things you have to experience. I know from riding in my friends Tesla S.. the torque is immense.. like diesel immense.. and the scream.. think Millenniam Falcon going to light speed... I found that it more than made up for a lack of small fuel explosions

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
4/17/14 3:36 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine:

Not quite in the same league but I have driven a Leaf. I think I would shoot the car or myself if I owned one.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
4/17/14 6:01 p.m.

Leaf is a golfcart compared to the Tesla S

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Vb8RZhEKvYmfy3X3GiD8E0U5T9wFEcrKvdjzms9he8cIMC2FDfQm3G4olMb0RUeD