KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
6/11/18 11:06 a.m.

I guess this belongs here.  A few days ago I noticed that my TV screen started getting darker.  Each day, a little darker.  I went into settings and dialed up the brightness to 100% and it still got worse.  

Last night I did some research on the problem and the interwebz said that the power saving mode could be to blame.  Back to settings and turned off the power saver setting and bingo, perfect picture again!  5 year old LG lcd 55” tv.  It may be on borrowed time but for now I don’t have to replace it just yet.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
6/13/18 1:51 p.m.

Broken bone is healed, 90% sure that my lower ankle pain is midfoot arthritis. Some bone spurs but I start an anti inflammatory tomorrow and go back too work Monday! 

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
6/15/18 12:19 p.m.

Gf's Accord had the VTC solenoid fail, again. First one should have been replaced under warranty but the Stealership got over on her and she didn't want to make a fuss. The new part they installed was the same faulty design and started making noise again. There's been a revised part since then, so that's what I did after work the other day. Never have worked on a timing chain engine before. Took awhile but was not difficult, new valve cover and spark plug tube gaskets as well. Hopefully the oil loss/consumption goes down with that but I think it's the rings. Started up and engine didn't go boom. No noise since. Fingers crossed this one lasts longer than the last. Gf is very happy and appreciative.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
6/15/18 10:35 p.m.

Just helped Deucekid#1 dye her hair. We needed some Vaseline to keep from staining her skin around the hair line. I got this. Headed to the Grosh and grabbed the tub that I bought in 1999 to prime the new oil pump on the Range Rover. And that's why I don't throw things away, you never know......

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
6/15/18 10:42 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Awesome that you’re helping her dye her hair. Manic panic orange???

mazdeuce - Seth
6/16/18 5:07 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Some sort of violent red/purple. Looks pretty good. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
6/16/18 5:59 p.m.

Won my class by 38 seconds over ~400 seconds of timed runs.  No cones all day, and had the fastest run for every single run.

To quote Unreal Tournament, "DOMINATING"

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
6/16/18 6:32 p.m.

Care package arrived from Mazda.  I got the windshield washer system rebuilt and working.  The new spray nozzles look way better than the dried out, cracked ones they replaced.  This leaves only one non-working system smiley, it's the AC and its about 90 today sad.

Dirtydog
Dirtydog HalfDork
6/16/18 7:38 p.m.

Finally got a set of AC gauges on my Volvo.  15 pounds over on low side .  Refreshed system, ice cold AC  That's a win.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
6/17/18 11:43 a.m.

My yard for the next week.  Anyone in the Plymouth Mass area who want to come lay in the sun and talk cars is welcome to come and drink a beer.

Happy Fathers’ Day!

imgon
imgon Reader
6/17/18 6:58 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

Looks like a  nice place. Maybe Long Pond or Great Herring Pond. I live in Cedarville (southern part of Plymouth) , maybe we can get together later this week. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
6/17/18 9:01 p.m.

In reply to imgon :

White Island pond :-)

shoot me an email at Armstrong390 at the yahoo place and i’ll Give you the address.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/21/18 1:16 a.m.

Just bought a towing package for the new Sedona. Total cost? $260, and that isn’t including the $10 in rewards points I used or the $15 mail in rebate. And that’s including the hitch and ball as well, along with all wiring.

Install looks to be super easy too; the only hard part about it is that I don’t have a lift and will have to do it with little room.

KIA dealer wanted $400 for the hitch receiver before install. Not sure if it included the wiring or not, but even there i still would have needed an extra part since all the trailers I deal with are the round 7-pole instead of 4. 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
6/22/18 9:33 a.m.

Made my first CL sale last night. Was pretty sure it was someone just yanking my chain.

Out of state buyer, 46 text messages back and forth, negotiating a price and making a deal before seeing the thing in person, etc.

He showed up after driving through a storm, pretty much the whole 2 hour trip, within 10 minutes of the agreed upon time, AND with a handful of Ben Jamin's.

Nice kid, loved the boat, was very happy with the deal and took it home with him. All is good in my hood today.

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
6/22/18 9:43 a.m.

In reply to SaltyDog :

Similar experience yesterday. Had my guitar amp listed on CL. Not only did the first reply have an actual person behind it, but he then actually showed up, with money, didn't waste a ton of time, and didn't even try to haggle. What a rare experience.

Minor win: Got both my daiths pierced last night. Didn't wake up with a migraine this morning! 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
6/22/18 1:48 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

Ya gotta love it when things work like they're supposed to!

Extra congrats for no migraine!

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
6/22/18 3:53 p.m.

Off work for a week in 6 minutes and 37 seconds . . . not that I'm counting or anything. 

imgon
imgon Reader
6/22/18 3:56 p.m.

This was supposed to be a minor win but quickly for downgraded to maybe a minor rant. Finally sold the RX 7 that has been for sale for two months and promptly after putting stuff away from the viewing of the car I dislocated or broke my pinky toe getting into my truck. Sitting at urgent care waiting to be seen. Guessing it is going to hurt more when they put it back where it belongs. That will teach me to wear shoes 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/22/18 4:17 p.m.

In reply to imgon :

This was me Monday morning after kicking my 5-ton floor jack on a 5-minute chore in the garage Sunday.

Currently the pinkie toe looks better but in general all that stuff is spreading across the edge of my instep now.

mazdeuce - Seth
6/25/18 12:50 p.m.

Married 17 years today. To the same woman. Still head over heels for her. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/25/18 12:53 p.m.

Got the Manic Miata through inspection successfully.  Off the hook for another 2 years.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
6/25/18 12:53 p.m.

Awesome! We're about to hit 17 years, in August. Same. It's an amazing feeling and I'm always sad when I read/hear of people with less compatible partners.

My win: My kids are adorable and I had an awesome weekend spending time with them.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
6/25/18 1:16 p.m.

Happy Anniversary!

I believe the traditional present for 17 years is cabinets!  devil

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
6/25/18 1:20 p.m.

Way to go sir.  Time flies when its the right person.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
6/25/18 2:39 p.m.

My new msd streetfire box arrived today. The win is that its much smaller than the 6aln its replacing, and that makes mounting and wiring far easier.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5pmLgUEwGSnZSPSBJqy1CahLQGJrnkRREpyXiQHtSrE8YDqKj6zGCB7AiLRerDD3